• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trofeo Mallorca 2010 7th-11th Feb

This might also be of interest to US posters, because of it's timings.
No live coverage, this year, but IB 3's site has a highlights package of 20 minutes, each evening, around 7-8pm EST (1-2amCET).
I find their feed is usually usually accessible.
http://ib3noticies.com/20100113_447...en-la-temporada-ciclista-2010-a-mallorca.html
It is repeated, the following mornings at:
Mon and Wed 10-40GMT
Tues 11-00GMT
Called Mallorca Challenge 2010 in programme grid.

Palma - Palma
07/02/2010
Clasificación Rápida
Kms: 116,000 Media: 49,269 Kms/h
General Individual Govern Illes Balears
1 12 MCEWEN, Robbie AUS TEAM KATUSHA 2:21:16
2 106 FERNÁNDEZ, Koldo ESP EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI m.t.
3 53 FREIRE, Óscar ESP RABOBANK m.t.
4 295 SCHULZE, André GER PSK WHIRLPOOL - AUTHOR m.t.
5 153 CARDOSO, Manuel POR FOOTON-SERVETTO m.t.
6 195 MONTENEGRO, Jorge Martín ARG ANDALUCIA CAJASUR m.t.
7 228 PACHECO, José Fco ESP XACOBEO GALICIA m.t.
8 146 STROETINGA, Wim NED TEAM MILRAM m.t.
9 219 WAGNER, Robert GER SKIL - SHIMANO m.t.
10 47 ROJAS, José Joaquin ESP CAISSE D'EPARGNE m.t.

Mellow Velo said:
Then again, you might just want to post the result, then folks don't need to tune in.:mad:

I find this attitude baffling.

I wanted to watch eurosports delayed coverage of the Qatar TTT this morning without knowing the result, so I had this brainwave whereby I didn't come on this website in the 2 hours between the event and the coverage.

This is a cycling forum for discussing cycling - stop trying to have your cake and eat it.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
I find this attitude baffling.

I wanted to watch eurosports delayed coverage of the Qatar TTT this morning without knowing the result, so I had this brainwave whereby I didn't come on this website in the 2 hours between the event and the coverage.

This is a cycling forum for discussing cycling - stop trying to have your cake and eat it.

Ummm..I find your lack of comprehension baffling.
To watch the race, the link to the net feed is posted here.
How do you access the link, without accessing this thread?
One website, not commonly known, no live feed......

However, I'll hold my hand up. Perhaps I should have put no results, please, in the title, as opposed to "spoiler".

...and hey! it's been stickied.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Again: this forum needs a "spoilers" function. It's very simple. Everything that's marked as spoiler can only be seen if the poster wants to see it, otherwise they can still see everything else in the topic.

It's not brain science....I mean rocket surgery.....watermelons!

Mellow Velo said:
Ummm..I find your lack of comprehension baffling.
To watch the race, the link to the net feed is posted here.
How do you access the link, without accessing this thread?
One website, not commonly known, no live feed......

However, I'll hold my hand up. Perhaps I should have put no results, please, in the title, as opposed to "spoiler".

...and hey! it's been stickied.

Apologies, didn't spot the link, my point was a more general whine against the 'no spoilers' attitude of some people around here. No one is allowed to discuss results in case it upsets someone who wants to browse cycling websites but still be kept in the dark for evening highlights...

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Apologies, didn't spot the link, my point was a more general whine against the 'no spoilers' attitude of some people around here. No one is allowed to discuss results in case it upsets someone who wants to browse cycling websites but still be kept in the dark for evening highlights...

All it takes is discussing results in the right thread and not putting them in thread titles. How freakin' hard is that to understand? This is not exactly splitting the atom, and members should not have to stay away from participating in other threads because they are afraid an inconsiderate douche will ruin the coverage for them.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
anyone know some more details on the race? griepel was in the race and he finished 14th, and mcewen said skil shimano led the peleton into the sprint. both of these things are totally weird. great that mcewen won though!

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Tuesday's stage looks to be the first serious mountain stage of the season. The startlist has some good names too. The real season begins now ;)

I'd give all the contents of my fridge for some good video coverage :)

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Trofeo Inca

What a day for Milram! I hope Gerdemann is back to the form he showed some glimpses of in 2008 before he broke his leg.

The appaling conditions probably made the bunch a bit less motivated, and I think it helped the winning break.

does anyone have any more info on valls? he was fantastic in argentina last month and now it sounds like he was stronger than gerdemann and vazquez but was outnumbered and could not stay away....anyway great start to the season for him

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Well so many DNF's and guys finishing outside of the time limit, was conditions that bad, or everybody just though thought 'f--k it, I'm going to have a warm shower in the hotel'.

craig1985 said:
Well so many DNF's and guys finishing outside of the time limit, was conditions that bad, or everybody just though thought 'f--k it, I'm going to have a warm shower in the hotel'.

The conditions were that bad. nearly 30 m/hr winds and p1ssing rain. If I had a team car behind me I would have been off my bike too.

craig1985 said:

I read from comments that conditions were really bad. First 100 km - 10-12 °C and rain, on the top of last climb 0°C, huge wind, cold, icy. Lot of riders were not prepared. One was complaining that did not have proper gloves and at the end hands and fingers were frozen..

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I personally love it when it gets very hot and humid, or raining or and blowing a gale. I suppose in this race it doesn't matter too much, since teams are allowed to field 12 riders, and have 8 guys racing on the day's stage. But I would keep racing, because otherwise I would imagine the team would still make me train the next day. You don't get out of it that easy.

jonjungel said:
Where did you find the net feed? I searched quite a bit, but found nothing.
It's in my first post, that set up the thread!
Not live, but 20 minutes of highlights.
It's on twice each day, at around 1-2am CET, repeated 11-45am ish CET.
I watched it this morning.
Where it says en directe, click on IB 3 tele, in the top right hand corner and it will play the station all day.
You will find a full tv programme guide there, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts