• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TTT Predictions ?

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Any TTT thoughts? Garmin is shooting for this one and Lance posted on his tiwtter " Just pre-rode the TTT course with the team in Montpellier. Incredibly technical. Throw out all your TTT predictions. This 1 is different."

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
CARTE.gif

Lots of sharp twists and turns. Difficult to manoeuver for 9 piston driven engined trains. They easily derail.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Difficult parcours

:eek: YES it looks like a difficult parcours for a TTT. Anything could happen and it only takes one crash to take out one of the top riders. Could change the overall race in more ways than just time gaps!

May 18, 2009
Visit site
before seeing looking at the couse, columbia or astana. now, i'm thinking that it will suit Garmin, but thats more gut then anything

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ambrose said:
before seeing looking at the couse, columbia or astana. now, i'm thinking that it will suit Garmin, but thats more gut then anything

If it's a technical course, then it won't suit Garmin. The strong time trialists would like a straight out and back course were they can roll the big gear for kilometre after kilometre. With a technical course it should reduce the time gaps as it will make it a lot slower. This course might suit the lesser like teams in the ttt.

auscyclefan94 said:
If it's a technical course, then it won't suit Garmin. The strong time trialists would like a straight out and back course were they can roll the big gear for kilometre after kilometre. With a technical course it should reduce the time gaps as it will make it a lot slower. This course might suit the lesser like teams in the ttt.

At the same time Garmin is a team that has trained alot of TTT so that might benefit them here in that a well organized team can probably handle a technical course better than an uncoordinated team. They will still lose compared to a straighter course but they still have a chance I think.

My money will be on Saxo Bank or Astana though.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
if it's as technical as armstrong suggested on his twitter, my money is with astana. the insane amount of experience in that team should give them the edge over riis.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Columbia , Astana has a strong team of ITTrialists but skinny riders like Contador or Kloden will not help their teammates as much in a TTT as the bigger, more powerful riders of the Columbia squad.
Plus even their sprinters can do a little bit of work.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I guess I never considered Kloden a skinny rider. I always thought he was more of a power rider. Maybe I am puttin a little too much Jan into Andres.

TRENDING THREADS