• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tuesday 26th April: Tour of Romandie - Prologue: Martigny, 3.5km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tuesday 26th April: Tour of Romandie - Prologue: Martigny, 3.5km

profile-0.jpg

Start time: 16:01 (local time)
Finish time: 18:59 (local time)

Prologue startimes

There are 9 corners in this circuit of which you can see from the map.

Startlist

There will be some feeds available according to Steephill.

Libertine Seguros said:
This should be a full stage. 3,5km is about the right length for a road stage with that kind of profile.

3,5k are a joke come on. It's a wasted race day. No body has anything of that. Not the riders, not the spectators. If they do want to make such a 3.5km thing, then they could easily do a real 90k stage in the morning and the 3,4tt in the afternoon. But why wasting one raceday like this?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I think Meyer, Bobridge or Thomas have a better chance than Wiggins over this distance. A sprinter will do well on this course.

We'll see, I've no idea what form Bobridge is in, it's likely he peaked for the Australian season. Meyer doesn't appear on the cyclingfever startlist. Be surprised to see Wiggins outside the top 5.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
The sprints I don't mind too much, it's the 150km of nothing happening that leads to them that I mind.

Get the flat rubbish over and done with in a handful of km, that's my motto.

You have to watch the boring parts to appreciate the exciting times. This applies to cycling. I generally can tolerate the sprint stages...by catching up on sleep before the finish:D

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If phinney has recovered from his injuries and is on form then I will go with him, but he is most probably off form if not than I will have to go with der panzerwagen

Just been looking at the latest world tour rankings - hopefully Thomas, Wiggins & Millar (and Swift) can stock up on some points this week. Could easily see any of them right up there tomorrow, but with Bradley you always have to guard against his lazy "didn't want to win anyway" petulant streak when the going gets remotely tough.

A

Anonymous

will10 said:
We'll see, I've no idea what form Bobridge is in, it's likely he peaked for the Australian season. Meyer doesn't appear on the cyclingfever startlist. Be surprised to see Wiggins outside the top 5.

I dont think Meyer is racing. I would expect Wiggins to be top 10 but I think Geraint will do better than him. Swift might put in a decent ride as well.

Sky should be seriously targetting this one. No real serious climbs, and several riders who should prologue well. Swift, Thomas or Wiggins for the overall depending on how they finish in the prologue. Likely that Sky have said whoever does the best prologue is team leader. (Cioni is also in good form and can put a decent prologue up, as can Kennaugh). the race really is perfect for them. Anything less than a podium come the end would be dissapointing.

Quite a few candidates here: Martin (Teutonic Knight not Leprechaun), Wiggins, Thomas, Meyer, Porte, Kreuziger, Ignatiev, Pinotti, Evans, Rosseler, Westra.... Any of those guys winning wouldn't surprise me.

Knowing my ability at predicting things, very likely it will be someone completely different.

Swift for the overall?

How about some realistic goals like a clean sweep of the podium? :cool:

Seriously though, look at the start list, look at the route. Odds of disappointment are quite high.

Wiggins may podium, Thomas may finish top-15 and Swift may survive the hills to sprint for wins. To almost expect one of them to get a podium is a bit OTT.

TeamSkyFans said:
I dont think Meyer is racing. I would expect Wiggins to be top 10 but I think Geraint will do better than him. Swift might put in a decent ride as well.

Sky should be seriously targetting this one. No real serious climbs, and several riders who should prologue well. Swift, Thomas or Wiggins for the overall depending on how they finish in the prologue. Likely that Sky have said whoever does the best prologue is team leader. (Cioni is also in good form and can put a decent prologue up, as can Kennaugh). the race really is perfect for them. Anything less than a podium come the end would be dissapointing.
Uhm have you missed the 20 km TT? It will decide the race, while the prologue won't matter much at all. No way Swift will be up there in the overall.

maltiv said:
Uhm have you missed the 20 km TT? It will decide the race, while the prologue won't matter much at all. No way Swift will be up there in the overall.

Forgive him, it's been unseasonably hot all week, clearly had a little sun stroke.

Anyhow, nice performances from all 4 brits tomorrow, decent TTs from Wiggo, Millar & Thomas, perhaps a sprint victory from Swift and then a top 10 from Wiggins if the mood takes him to not quit when the road heads north would be an excellent week.

TRENDING THREADS