• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Turkish Athletics Mass Fail

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Judging by this article there is a massive story developing here, surely if as stated dozens are positive its inductive of doping sanctioned at some level in their athletic federation.

I am not comparing it to cycling as I'm not as knowledgeable as most here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...hips-as-dozens-of-athletes-test-positive.html

This follows on from this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...tigation-doping-Russia.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Now the Daily Mail is notorious for bad reporting but its worth a read

"The decision of the IAAF to target Turkish athletes for drug tests follows a series of high-profile recent doping cases involving the country's track and field stars."

The decision of the IAAF to target Turkish athletes for drug tests was based upon the amount of cash flowing or in this case not flowing into IAAF coffers or into the pockets of IAAF senior officials as a result of Turkish medal success.

wirral said:
"The decision of the IAAF to target Turkish athletes for drug tests follows a series of high-profile recent doping cases involving the country's track and field stars."

The decision of the IAAF to target Turkish athletes for drug tests was based upon the amount of cash flowing or in this case not flowing into IAAF coffers or into the pockets of IAAF senior officials as a result of Turkish medal success.

Did I read this correctly? Are you suggesting that the IAAF, like the UCI, has an infinite need for Sysmex machines?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Dave.

This is the kind of information that makes me laugh at all these
"Wiggins passed all the doping tests at the Olympics, the most advanced doping tests ever" comments.

These Turkish athletes did not start doping AFTER the olympics.

Yeah sure, they caught a few noname guys doing drugs from the 50s or something but you're telling me there was noone that attempted EPO or some of the newer drugs that got caught?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
lemoogle said:
This is the kind of information that makes me laugh at all these
"Wiggins passed all the doping tests at the Olympics, the most advanced doping tests ever" comments.

These Turkish athletes did not start doping AFTER the olympics.

Yeah sure, they caught a few noname guys doing drugs from the 50s or something but you're telling me there was noone that attempted EPO or some of the newer drugs that got caught?

Who should i believe

"Wiggins passed all the doping tests at the Olympics, the most advanced doping tests ever" comments."

vs

Annonimous internet guys feels in their guts that Wiggins is doped

thought choice :confused:

EnacheV said:
Who should i believe

"Wiggins passed all the doping tests at the Olympics, the most advanced doping tests ever" comments."

vs

Eh please stop, if all we're talking about is gut feelings then why do you feel the need to argue with us. I don't go to neo nazi meetings and try to convince them they're retards.

My point is that that single argument means nothing, yet people use it when confronted by the many REAL arguments you may find if you decided to actually read past the because in "he's probably doping because" posts.

wirral said:

I'm inclined to believe this.

Istanbul is still in the bid for a games. Maybe this is part of the Olympic bids process? Another way to ask the question, is the country's athletic system is smart enough to never test positive?

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
I'm inclined to believe this.

Istanbul is still in the bid for a games. Maybe this is part of the Olympic bids process? Another way to ask the question, is the country's athletic system is smart enough to never test positive?

If it is part of the process, the IOC must have been upset that Greece didn't fulfil their side of the bargain in the Athens Olympics... Kenteris and Thanou not exactly the brightest tools in the box.

least cycling tries tro front up with the problem and its not mass federations but teams behind the problem in the past. The russians are meant to have paid off their own lab to fake test results for its athletes for moscow games.

EnacheV said:
Who should i believe

vs

I can see how "thought choices" may leave you confused.

Let's try this again. "Lance passed all the doping tests." vs. internet people who think Lance doped.

Hmm. Who would Skymuppet believe? :rolleyes:

manafana said:
least cycling tries tro front up with the problem and its not mass federations ...

It's not? It sure is at USA Cycling. Check out the story of Tammy Thomas. Funny how USAC didn't step in until waaaaayyyyyyy beyond the time she was shaving her beard. US Postal? Discovery? Motorola? All USA Cycling supported.

The whole reason WADA was created was because the national olympic committees were hiding positives. Now the sports federations are doing the hiding.