• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Turul Sibiului - Tour of Sibiu

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm proud to announce a very nice race, Turul Sibiului, which takes place from 4-8 July. As a minor fact, for those who check the Race Design Thread, I used some of this climbs in my own Tour of Transylvania.
http://www.ciclism.sibiu.ro/index.php

04.07 Prologue Sibiu ITT 2.4km

05.07 Sibiu - Paltinis - MTF - 184 km

Paltinis - 14.83km - 5.17%

profile%202.jpg

06.07 Cisnadie - Sibiu TTT 10.2 km

profile%203.jpg

07.07 Sibiu - Balea Lac (Transfagarasan Road) MTF 90.15 km

Balea Cascada 9.1 km 6.04%
Balea Lac 13.8kms 6.09%

profile%204.jpg

08.08 Sibiu - Sibiu 146.2 km

profile%205.jpg

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to convince my club in London to take a trip to Romania to do the Paltinis climb! This will probably help convince them, thanks. Any CN users coming to watch the race?

McLovin,you forgot to add the most important thing :) :

Gabrovski_Ivaylo_Turkey12_st3-2.jpg

....he will be here...

also the strongest domestique since landis and hincapie combined(for anyone who saw tour of turkey this year) will be here....the mighty Serhiy "i lead the peloton for 150 km every single stage" Grechyn.

and it looks like discovery channel's lost son,bileka will be here too.konya will murder the race i feel.metlushenko is also strong as a rock...it's like the us postal of the balkans this team.only stronger :D

bart wellens also in the startlist...cool

i gotta get my degree so no live action for me...maybe we'll get a live broadcast although i still doubt it,it will be a first so probably also terrible like in colombia.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Another_Dutch_Guy said:
By the way, check the prologue route, 20 90° corners in 2 kilometers!

And since this ITT takes place in the historic centre it's good to know that three quarters of this route is paved in cobble stone :D

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey, folks, check out the prologue - 2.4km! AND 17 90' or sharper corners! (Well, one of those looks like two 45' combined - maybe around a traffic circle or something. This is one for the bmxers! :D

Jon Einar Bergsland (Oneco - Mesterhus Cycling Team) won the prologue today. Very nice route in the historic area of the city. Tomorrow an interesting stage finishing with a 15km climb up to Paltinis, 5% average slope with ramps up to 9%. Live coverage starts at 4 pm CET and you cand watch it here. Can't wait.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
daveinzambia said:
For those not in Romania there are streams available. Am i allowed to put links to other forums here?

I'm sure you are allowed to put the link directly to the stream if there is one ;)

""Hey, folks, check out the prologue - 2.4km! AND 17 90' or sharper corners! (Well, one of those looks like two 45' combined - maybe around a traffic circle or something. This is one for the bmxers! ""

My first thought where Mountain Bikers :D

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
shinoda13 said:
Jon Einar Bergsland (Oneco - Mesterhus Cycling Team) won the prologue today. Very nice route in the historic area of the city. Tomorrow an interesting stage finishing with a 15km climb up to Paltinis, 5% average slope with ramps up to 9%. Live coverage starts at 4 pm CET and you cand watch it here. Can't wait.

I can´t see this link, player says "Access to this service is only available only from RCS & RDS network" darn :(

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
was trying to figure that out but links are spread about. Will do it anyway so at least the person that originally found the links and uploaded video gets some credit

there is video from prologue here
http://velorooms.com/mens-road-cycling/sibiu-cycling-tour/msg43638/#msg43638

streaming is available on sopcast using the below
sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/98659

details on how to use sopcast are here
http://velorooms.com/live-streams-highlights/livestream-links/

I had a quick hunt through google and a couple of other places seemed to have links to sopcast but i know the above set up works. can even get it streaming on your phone if you want.

am really looking for to stage on saturday, is even at a civilised time for Aussie viewers

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SetonHallPirate said:
Can't this race be added to the WorldTour in future years (and obviously moved in the calendar to not conflict with the TdF)?

It has a better and more entertaining design than a lot of World Tour races. Maybe the budget is not big enough.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
If that profile is correct, by the way, there is no way the Cisnadioara is a maximum of only 9% and an average of merely 5.59%. That climb, based on the profile, looks roughly like it would be the equivalent of climbing up the side of your house. (this is on the Transfagarasan Road stage)

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
cyclingtorrents has the prologue highlights up. It's in romanian but the following stages/highlights are probably worth the download. Looks like a great race

TRENDING THREADS