• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Two brilliant Kimmage interviews

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
the big ring said:
I hope you're right. But the way things have been the last few days, I reckon a "truth and reconciliation" thing would be utterly pointless.

If ever the wind of change was going to come through and sweep away the old it would be now but it needs the will of the pro cycling world.

But they are part of the rot.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Bassons said there were no need for Team Doctors. he said the race doctor is enough.

IsM works with Garmin. It aint for saddle sores.
He is a physiologist, so no he wont be working on saddle sores.

Again, if you have anything other than made up stuff about the guy, put it in the JV thread are better still start a new one.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
My feeling is that everyone is (in the cycling world that is) is in suspended limbo. They’re in a holding pattern. They still feel that this won’t play out and Armstrong will keep his titles. I feel give it a few days, maybe a couple more weeks and you’ll see the winds change. Too many people were comfortable with the situation over the last 12 years which was “haters” vs Armstrong with no evidence. It all going to start to leak out and of course the cycling media will all say “told you so”.

While I agree that a lot are in the holding pattern, it is not Armstrong who is in control - it is the UCI.
Nothing changes if they are not taken to task.

Armstrong could (some could say, has) take one for the team by not disclosing the corruption at top level.
I would guess Pat is hitting the red button on his phone before it gets to the second ring if he see's its from any journo's.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
So why isn't Vaughters all over the place lauding and praising Kimmage, arguably the only journalist besides Walsh to have taken on the fight against doping?
Vaughters:
Michael-Moore.jpg

Kimmage:
alex_jones_podcast.jpg

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:

Kimmage in that interview with a coupla slamdunks vis-a-vis UCI, Phat and Verdruggem:

They have absolutely disgraced themselves over the last month. They have left nobody in any doubt whatsoever that they have been in bed with Armstrong since 1999. When you consider that, then you have to worry about the future of the sport. Where is the accountability now? Who is going to hold them to account for that? How will anything change?

Is Pat McQuaid going to resign as he should do, tomorrow, saying, ‘look, sorry here folks, we should never have taken this money. I should never have stood up and acclaimed Hein Verbruggen as the best cycling official the sport has ever had. I should never have defended Lance Armstrong at every opportunity in the last ten years.’ Is he going to say that? Not a chance, but that’s what he should say if he had any degree of integrity at all.

In terms of the future, that is the worry. The UCI are accountable to nobody, they carry on and some other champion who comes along with the ability to draw in a bigger audience outside of cycling is given the same clearances that Lance got.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...rue-winners-of-those-Tours.aspx#ixzz253siFZ00

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Michael Moore could do a brilliant film on Lance / UCI and Pat - I may write to him.

True.

Talking of documentaries:
The German journalists (of the ARD) who made the Blood and Games documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3gh2Ll-GMc) as early as in 2007 deserve to be mentioned in one breath with Kimmage and Walsh.
Fantastic documentary that deserves retrospective lauding.
Lots of stuff on cycling and track and field, and very unambiguous about Lance being a cheat.
(only minus: much of the discussion is in german.)

Note that the ARD were also among the first to take Floyd's whistleblowing seriously, with a couple of Floyd interviews and reportages.

TRENDING THREADS