• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tyler Hamilton website

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Is this guy delusional or what?

http://www.tylerhamiltontraining.com/about.php

My career has proven to be the perfect preparation for me to provide the motivation you will need to work hard within your structured program. This potent cocktail of structured, managed training, psychological motivation and hard work has delivered results to my clients; and it will work for you too! As an Olympic Champion, US Professional Road Champion, former team leader of several professional squads, and Tour de France stage winner, I have first-hand knowledge of what it takes to perform, both mentally and physiologically.

I use the same proven training techniques used in the professional peloton, whether it is a time-honored workout, or the newest cutting edge approach, it’s in my arsenal. Tailored to your fitness level and experience, these winning techniques will turn your goal setting exercises into reality!

Whether you’re a beginning cyclist enjoying your first 25 mile ride or your objective is to become a Tour de France contender; I offer customized programs to meet your riding needs.

I’m personally dedicated to giving you the tools you need to succeed!

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
"I use the same proven training techniques used in the professional peloton, whether it is a time-honored workout, or the newest cutting edge approach, it’s in my arsenal."

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah. Talk about double entendre.

Poor Tyler.

I see him around town occasionally. He lookin pretty haggard.

Funniest part is that I'm sure a lot of people are actually hiring him.

Hell, maybe he is a good coach.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
"I use the same proven training techniques used in the professional peloton, whether it is a time-honored workout, or the newest cutting edge approach, it’s in my arsenal."

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah. Talk about double entendre.

Poor Tyler.

I see him around town occasionally. He lookin pretty haggard.

Funniest part is that I'm sure a lot of people are actually hiring him.

Hell, maybe he is a good coach.

Do they celebrate success with pot belge parties?

I feel bad for him but living a lie costs you your life.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:

no, he's using what every other marketing, advertising verse uses....

it is delusional to believe it...

but then how many fanboys buy into uniballer?

buckwheat said:
I feel bad for him but living a lie costs you your life

for some it does, but others quite happily continue in their daily lives with it, how many WWII camp officers lived out the rest of the lives in south america, we are only talking sport here.....

Just because he doped along with the rest of the successful pros does not mean he cannot give good training advice. Personally I think he would have more credibility as a coach if he explained the doping situation in pro cycling and his involvement with a heavy emphasis on how prevalent doping is, which would minimize the importance of him getting caught.

It is not like anyone with a brain is unaware that he was doping. Look at the outcry over Matty Reed hiring Hamilton. Even the triathletes know.

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Just because he doped along with the rest of the successful pros does not mean he cannot give good training advice. Personally I think he would have more credibility as a coach if he explained the doping situation in pro cycling and his involvement with a heavy emphasis on how prevalent doping is, which would minimize the importance of him getting caught.

It is not like anyone with a brain is unaware that he was doping. Look at the outcry over Matty Reed hiring Hamilton. Even the triathletes know.

Of course, being on a doping program means you don't have to know anything about effective training. You can just sit on the couch with a pint of ice cream and still just rocket right up to the top of the podium, right?

Well, no. Most pro cyclists probably have a pretty good grip on at least some aspect of cutting-edge training techniques. Sadly, a shocking number of them choose to 'ice the cake' by doping.

Why begrudge this guy trying to make a living out of the legitimate knowledge and experience he has?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
When Floyd came clean some people were thinking Tyler would be next but he's still got a financial interest in cycling that depends on denying his past. This is why I don't see Tyler coming clean voluntarily.

md2020 said:
When Floyd came clean some people were thinking Tyler would be next but he's still got a financial interest in cycling that depends on denying his past. This is why I don't see Tyler coming clean voluntarily.

What Hamilton has on the line is his gold medal, which I imagine he values a lot. Two more years until that is safe unless he could work out a deal with WADA and maybe the IOC. Aside from that, what financial interests does he have? He looks like a fool denying what everyone knows is true.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
What Hamilton has on the line is his gold medal, which I imagine he values a lot. Two more years until that is safe unless he could work out a deal with WADA and maybe the IOC. Aside from that, what financial interests does he have? He looks like a fool denying what everyone knows is true.

Yup. Agree.

I'm still hoping he comes around at some point. The guy must be tormented inside.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Christophe said:
Well, no. Most pro cyclists probably have a pretty good grip on at least some aspect of cutting-edge training techniques. Sadly, a shocking number of them choose to 'ice the cake' by doping.

Why begrudge this guy trying to make a living out of the legitimate knowledge and experience he has?

That assumes there is such a thing as cutting-edge training techniques.

Christophe said:
Of course, being on a doping program means you don't have to know anything about effective training. You can just sit on the couch with a pint of ice cream and still just rocket right up to the top of the podium, right?

Agreed, I wish him luck. Arguably at one point, one of the best cyclists in a peloton rife with drugs. He must at least know how to ride a bike very good.:)

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:

http://www.tylerhamiltontraining.com/about.php

My career has proven to be the perfect preparation for me to provide the motivation you will need to work hard within your structured program. This potent cocktail of structured, managed training, psychological motivation and hard work has delivered results to my clients; and it will work for you too! As an Olympic Champion, US Professional Road Champion, former team leader of several professional squads, and Tour de France stage winner, I have first-hand knowledge of what it takes to perform, both mentally and physiologically.

I use the same proven training techniques used in the professional peloton, whether it is a time-honored workout, or the newest cutting edge approach, it’s in my arsenal. Tailored to your fitness level and experience, these winning techniques will turn your goal setting exercises into reality!

Whether you’re a beginning cyclist enjoying your first 25 mile ride or your objective is to become a Tour de France contender; I offer customized programs to meet your riding needs.

I’m personally dedicated to giving you the tools you need to succeed!

of course his training camps are BYOB

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, if this training studio doesn't work out, he should open a detective agency. He could specialize in missing person cases. Maybe he'll even find his twin eventually.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Which ironically is the cause of many of his psychological problems.

That medal is a millstone around his neck.

I really wish he'd see that.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Personally I think he would have more credibility as a coach if he explained the doping situation in pro cycling and his involvement with a heavy emphasis on how prevalent doping is, which would minimize the importance of him getting caught.

I agree. Sure he doped, but he rose to the elite level of a sport filled with dopers so he must know an awful lot about training/preparation.

buckwheat said:
You're probably right. It must be awful knowing you became a national hero by cheating. On the other hand, it would be awful to give it up and see your cheating former teammate become a national hero. He probably knows enough about the riders of the day to consider himself the legitimate winner, meaning first among cheaters.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I agree. Sure he doped, but he rose to the elite level of a sport filled with dopers so he must know an awful lot about training/preparation.

You're probably right. It must be awful knowing you became a national hero by cheating. On the other hand, it would be awful to give it up and see your cheating former teammate become a national hero. He probably knows enough about the riders of the day to consider himself the legitimate winner, meaning first among cheaters.

I know what you're saying, but at this point he has to let that go too.

A lot of people play by the rules and get screwed every day and see some POS riding a bike, or hitting a rock with a stick making a fortune.

The softest pillow is a clear conscience. For sociopaths like pharmstrong that doesn't apply, but there may be an upside to TH's psychological problems. They show he has difficulty living a lie. Better than being someone whose degenerate behavior has no effect on the psyche.

When Tyler drops his baggage like Floyd just did, he'll feel a gigantic weight lifted off.

pedaling squares said:

Not when everyone else that counts is on the same program. Cheating thus becomes a relative term. Unfortunately. ;)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Which ironically is the cause of many of his psychological problems.

I really wish he'd see that.

Agree 100%. It's a constant reminder of an inglorious past.

Nobody can say 'Tyler Hamilton, Olympic Champion' without s******ing. It's ironic. Embarrassing.

EDIT: the censoring software here is a dumb blunt instrument...make the word 'guffawing' instead.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

exactly i dont see what him doping has anything to do with being a good coach he was a highly accomplished cyclist in his time. people on here seem to think you can dope and just lay around and still be good. they improve performance but you have to have skill beyond that. a genetically gifted athlete will still easily beat a doped to the gills genetically inferior athlete its that simple. tyler was a good tough rider i would certainly think he could be a very useful coach.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Christophe said:

another voice of reason not too many around here.

Christophe said:

Agreed, the problem is not the individual riders, it's the whole system.
Unfortunately doping seems less the 'icing on the cake' and more the cost of admission to pro cycling.
On the other hand, should a convicted embezzler teach a course in business ethics?