• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tyson Gay tests positive

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
If true that will be good news, my main "gym rival" is insistent that Usain Bolt is clean.

Isn't that forum 1/2 on predictions though? The initial prediction was true but wasn't there also a second that a bunch of distance runners were positive?

ya the distance was a sp00f

if the mods think they're good they leave the thread up

forum is like the wild west

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:

While I don't argue with the conclusion of the article (Bolt using so-and-so as trainer is bad news), it is pretty naive about boxing. Many fairly neutral observers believe that Marquez beat Pacquiao every time they fought (count me among them). That doesn't deny that Marquez was unnaturally bulked up for the last fight, but it is to say that one shouldn't infer too much from the different outcome of the last fight. Marquez has been one of the technically best boxers out there for some time.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Bobito said:
While I don't argue with the conclusion of the article (Bolt using so-and-so as trainer is bad news), it is pretty naive about boxing. Many fairly neutral observers believe that Marquez beat Pacquiao every time they fought (count me among them). That doesn't deny that Marquez was unnaturally bulked up for the last fight, but it is to say that one shouldn't infer too much from the different outcome of the last fight. Marquez has been one of the technically best boxers out there for some time.

It's not the result of the fight that raises questions, its the presence of a notorious doping related character in his corner + massive changes in body type at 39 years old + massive increase in power + said 'conditioning coach's' refusal to have his fighters drug tested despite constantly claiming he will submit to proper drug testing + ludicrous claims such as "The last time he fought at this weight, he was slow, a guy who didn't lift weights"

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/10/sports/la-sp-marquez-pacquiao-20111111

So the secret to success as a boxer is 'lifting weights', strange no one else thought of that before...

Boxing must have the worst drug testing regime in all major sports, no random testing, limited post fight testing, I mean Lamont Peterson didn't even lose all his titles after failing a dope test...

It's more likely to be which boxers are clean, rather than which boxers dope... The rewards are too great, the chances of getting caught are so remote, why wouldn't huge numbers of boxers be doping?

TRENDING THREADS