Tyson Gay tests positive

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 19, 2012
386
0
0
Ok, first of all I didn't post the BS about the distance runners.
Now I will share Tyson's positive is a stimulant of the higher degree. Not steroids or EPO. I'm thinking more along Blake's positive that will end his year and perhaps a ban into next season.
I am thinking all these stimulant busts are going to either lead to lighter penalities for all or tougher because the ADA's are having their full of them.
I am on one who has previously argued that stimulant, most of which are only banned for meets, should be banned all the time as my coaching experience has shown that the impact of one on the banned list given for legit medical use caused an amazing practice session in starts and overall sprint times. Being able to train while stimulated is performance enhancing as the improved practice leads to improved meet performances but so far my protesting has not resulted in them being removed from the non-competition ok list.
I also recently posted a couple posts on here that were removed that I think the Brojos now realize I am right on. There are track names on the Biogenisis lists that MLB has as well as other sports. I still can't believe even as our track busts broke yesterday and we await MLB's decision that media aren't thinking you know there has to be more than these couple dozen baseball players seeing this doc in Miami right? Some media with power needs to not let these docs get protected. Balco wasn't just baseball or track and this isn't either.
I am also told the new testing proceedures are much higher so don't be surprised that many more busts occur in the next few weeks as the new equipment were implemented.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5286286&page=8
 
mikehammer67 said:
Ok, first of all I didn't post the BS about the distance runners.
Now I will share Tyson's positive is a stimulant of the higher degree. Not steroids or EPO. I'm thinking more along Blake's positive that will end his year and perhaps a ban into next season.
I am thinking all these stimulant busts are going to either lead to lighter penalities for all or tougher because the ADA's are having their full of them.
I am on one who has previously argued that stimulant, most of which are only banned for meets, should be banned all the time as my coaching experience has shown that the impact of one on the banned list given for legit medical use caused an amazing practice session in starts and overall sprint times. Being able to train while stimulated is performance enhancing as the improved practice leads to improved meet performances but so far my protesting has not resulted in them being removed from the non-competition ok list.
I also recently posted a couple posts on here that were removed that I think the Brojos now realize I am right on. There are track names on the Biogenisis lists that MLB has as well as other sports. I still can't believe even as our track busts broke yesterday and we await MLB's decision that media aren't thinking you know there has to be more than these couple dozen baseball players seeing this doc in Miami right? Some media with power needs to not let these docs get protected. Balco wasn't just baseball or track and this isn't either.
I am also told the new testing proceedures are much higher so don't be surprised that many more busts occur in the next few weeks as the new equipment were implemented.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5286286&page=8
No stimulants are on the prohibited at all times list. I'm inclined to agree with you, they should be banned at all times.
 
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
buckle said:
It's Galen we want busted. The Americans have got to ping a white dude in case anyone thinks they are racist. Go USA!
USADA made a bit of an effort to catch they whitest of white liars, Texas. They could catch 1000 colored athletes not touching whites, and it would still be well balanced.
That said, those US distance runners are little better than Froome. Staying so close to Farah who trains with them, and dropped a minute off his 10km after moving the US to learn to train properly. Like he was so slow to begin with, and needed help direly.
 
Cloxxki said:
USADA made a bit of an effort to catch they whitest of white liars, Texas. They could catch 1000 colored athletes not touching whites, and it would still be well balanced.
That said, those US distance runners are little better than Froome. Staying so close to Farah who trains with them, and dropped a minute off his 10km after moving the US to learn to train properly. Like he was so slow to begin with, and needed help direly.
Being an American you understand the politics better than we do. I often suspected there was a racial dimension to LA's downfall. A counterbalance to Barry Bonds.
 
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
buckle said:
Being an American you understand the politics better than we do. I often suspected there was a racial dimension to LA's downfall. A counterbalance to Barry Bonds.
I am not American and I know little about that republic. But I like to offer alternative thoughts. If catching Gay (snapping USADA's fingers) is a racist effort, explain the Lance thing (blood red alert high risk high effort low reward).
 
Aug 18, 2012
1,171
0
0
Glad a bunch of people (I'm looking at the BBC) embarrassed themselves after the Jamaicans tested positive saying it was most likely tainted supplements only for Powell and his coaches hotel room to later be raided and exposed.

It's also pleasing to see that it happened to Powell who was indignant in his statement and not Gay who gave a weak rebuke.
 
Cloxxki said:
I am not American and I know little about that republic. But I like to offer alternative thoughts. If catching Gay (snapping USADA's fingers) is a racist effort, explain the Lance thing (blood red alert high risk high effort low reward).
I don't think catching Gay was racist. It was a bust plain and simple.
 
Jul 15, 2013
22
0
0
Briant_Gumble said:
I can't believe they are trying to run with the tainted supplement excuse.

This is 2013 post Armstrong and post BALCO that excuse is at least 10 years old.

Explanation 1 : The Jamaicans were all taking a supplement and it was tainted with something that would make them positive.

Explanation 2 : They had misinformation that the stimulant wouldn't trigger a positive or that it had a different glow time to that they expected.

I remember when Blake tested positive he did so along with four other Jamaican athletes - for a structural analogue of a stimulant that was on the banned list (as if a chemist had altered the structure to evade the test). If they are associated in any way the fact it has happened twice seriously diminishes their credibility.

Who were the agency that caught these Jamaicans? Gay tested positive with USADA so he's f**ked.
When you see that of the fastest 10 men and 10 women ever over 100m something like 8 of the 20 are contemporary Jamaicans (population 2.7m), must be a whole load of 'tainted supplements' in Jamaica :rolleyes:
 
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
buckle said:
I don't think catching Gay was racist. It was a bust plain and simple.
It may well have been targeted though.
USADA are many things, but not uninformed, lazy, corrupted or stupid.

Tinfoil hat remark based on nothing : did someone snitch on Gay? Hint a good time to surprise test him? It's been done before (and worse), old tradition actually, and in this particular republic. Would be interest to know when Gay was last tested negatively before the positive.
 
Oct 25, 2012
67
0
0
buckle said:
Being an American you understand the politics better than we do. I often suspected there was a racial dimension to LA's downfall. A counterbalance to Barry Bonds.
Race is a factor in a lot of things in the US, but not in the downfall of either Bonds or Armstrong. In both cases neither has a bigger enemy than his own horrible personality.
 
Oct 25, 2012
67
0
0
beowulf said:
Frank Fredericks would be my choice, though Bailey and Smith both could well have been clean too.
Calvin Smith or Bob Hayes. Have to go back a while to find someone who might have been clean.
 
Bobito said:
Race is a factor in a lot of things in the US, but not in the downfall of either Bonds or Armstrong. In both cases neither has a bigger enemy than his own horrible personality.
I am sure you are right but after pinging Bonds perhaps they needed a big white fish to counterbalance?

The image of black athletes from the projects being juiced by white doctors from the burbs is not one that the Americans want of themselves. Armstrong fitted the bill nicely in that respect and maintains the ‘we are not a racially divided society narrative’ i.e. our white athletes dope just as much as our black ones and we catch ‘em too!

I am not sure about personality attacks on dopers. Indurain is by all accounts a Church goer and a nice guy. I share religious dominations with him in fact but he still a very suspicious character in regards to doping.
 
buckle said:
I am sure you are right but after pinging Bonds perhaps they needed a big white fish to counterbalance?

The image of black athletes from the projects being juiced by white doctors from the burbs is not one that the Americans want of themselves. Armstrong fitted the bill nicely in that respect and maintains the ‘we are not a racially divided society narrative’ i.e. our white athletes dope just as much as our black ones and we catch ‘em too!

I am not sure about personality attacks on dopers. Indurain is by all accounts a Church goer and a nice guy. I share religious dominations with him in fact but he still a very suspicious character in regards to doping.
Strange you'd mention this. Do you feel it's relevant? By that I mean would you be more inclined to believe someone who was the same religion as you?

Genuine question as I'm not religious.
 
RocketScientist said:
Agent Blames Trainer for Sprinters’ Failed Drug Tests

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/sports/agent-blames-trainer-for-sprinters-failed-drug-tests.html?_r=0

Actovegin among the supplements :D:D:D
I hope the media at large picks up on this, because it is no longer a supplement mistake if this is true (which the apologists are desperately trying to make out), it's now just doping, plain and simple, and I hope it gets reported as such.


From the article:

The trainer, Christopher Xuereb, had provided Powell with a combination of about 20 supplements and injections — none of them banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency...
This is brilliant. It's about time all sport had a no needle policy. Seriously, who lets someone inject them with random crap that they don't know what it is?
 
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
In which circumstance can a trainer apply a needle to an athlete, and it's OK?
What is there to be inside the needle? Seriously, I want to know which needle-administered substances would be OK. I bet the list is shorter than the stuff that IS allowed, if any.
The moment you see a needle, you know it's about doping, right?
 
Apr 13, 2010
20
0
0
Cloxxki said:
In which circumstance can a trainer apply a needle to an athlete, and it's OK?
What is there to be inside the needle? Seriously, I want to know which needle-administered substances would be OK. I bet the list is shorter than the stuff that IS allowed, if any.
The moment you see a needle, you know it's about doping, right?
Well for starters applying a Normal Saline (0.9% NaCl) infuse is not on the doping list yet.
 
Aug 18, 2012
1,171
0
0
King Boonen said:
I hope the media at large picks up on this, because it is no longer a supplement mistake if this is true (which the apologists are desperately trying to make out), it's now just doping, plain and simple, and I hope it gets reported as such.
Yeah but at this point I'd say Powell's done unless he can bribe the police.

The "over 20 substances none of them banned" came from his agent.

The Police said they'd found over 50 different substances, I'd be shocked if none are PED's, just a matter of time before its confirmed by scientists.

I said it before I'll say it again but this is a guy who complained before the world championship that he had a phobia of needles and should only be subjected to urine testing and not blood testing, now we hear as part of his general training regimen he was injected with 20 different "supplements".
 
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
The omerta gang in The Netherlands scrambled to tell it's all a lot of fuzz about nothing.
The big guns.
NOS TV to the rescue. First they had the scoop with a nice spread on Gay before the news came out, and now they are hired to control the message.

Enjoy!
http://losseveter.nl/blog/ellen-van-langen-geen-schandaal-als-wielrennen-nos/

Fascinating that Ellen van Langen ('92 Barcelona 800m gold and my childhood hero) not only runs an athlete agency, and organizes pro meets of highest level, but also sits on the national track union board, with anti-doping in her portfolio. Here she is to tell us this will not be as big a scandal as in cycling. She is above all suspicion obviously (too much to lose), so no issues with conflicting interests there. It's all one interest :)

And Henk Kraaijenhof (implicitly but very outspoken pro-doping), former trainer of Nelli Cooman ('86 100m national record, still) and Marlene Ottey (never tested positive), and know as the Victor Conte of the lowlands, says the mentioned substances are barely worth taking. Might as well have taken a large espresso.
Could someone photoshop/draw Henk K. with a Star Wars hoodie please? :)

We should not make such a big deal out of all of this, obviously.
 
Aug 18, 2012
1,171
0
0
Mar 19, 2009
2,811
0
0
Briant_Gumble said:
According to this report, Powell asked for the police raid on his trainers room:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/10181366/Asafa-Powell-blames-positive-drug-test-on-supplements-given-to-him-by-new-physiotherapist.html

If innocent fair enough.

If complicit and guilty this makes him worse than anything Lance did.
Odd, and strangely impressive.

But why did they even bother to also search Powell's room if he threw his people under the bus? It's going to be outrageously neat in there. No smelly socks even.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY