• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just a small plot twist but if Ayuso destroys/wins Dauphine, I'm not surely he would readily work for Pogacar (not that I think he would otherwise, but..). And with Soler (although he's been really loyal to Pogacar) being spanish, can we expect the Spanish guys to do their own thing in the Tour?

In that case, prepare the popcorns.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just a small plot twist but if Ayuso destroys/wins Dauphine, I'm not surely he would readily work for Pogacar (not that I think he would otherwise, but..). And with Soler (although he's been really loyal to Pogacar) being spanish, can we expect the Spanish guys to do their own thing in the Tour?

In that case, prepare the popcorns.
But Pogacar will be ready to crush the early Tour climbing stages so it won’t matter what Ayuso says about leadership if he is already a minute or more behind.

After the performances of Pogačar, Yates and Almeida surely Ayuso sees that he is a domestique at best. I just don't see him outclimbing Pog or Yates at this time. He should be on par with Joao, but Almedia is in great form at the moment.

New to the discussion. However, I don't see anyone talking about the big "D" question with UAE.

All season Pogy has been riding away from everyone with 40K and 2 mountain passes to go and then winning the stages by like 2:30. I'm guessing he could have even topped that. Top riders can't stay on his wheel for 200m. By the Giro, there was barely a feigned effort to go with him when he attacked. Again, putting 2:30 on everyone each day. Yes, Jonas was winning, early but he attacked during the last climb and was winning by 30-40seconds.

Fast forward to the tour de Suisse. Now we have Almeida and Yates riding away from everyone on multiple days in the mountains. Then, going one-two in the time trial. Ayuso is doing great too. What might have happened had he not crashed at the Dauphine?

Not saying these guys aren't good riders. But this is getting a little audacious. When Pantani was making a mockery of the Giro, at least they busted him. Is Pogy that popular in Europe that he's getting the Lance effect?

New to the discussion. However, I don't see anyone talking about the big "D" question with UAE.

All season Pogy has been riding away from everyone with 40K and 2 mountain passes to go and then winning the stages by like 2:30. I'm guessing he could have even topped that. Top riders can't stay on his wheel for 200m. By the Giro, there was barely a feigned effort to go with him when he attacked. Again, putting 2:30 on everyone each day. Yes, Jonas was winning, early but he attacked during the last climb and was winning by 30-40seconds.

Fast forward to the tour de Suisse. Now we have Almeida and Yates riding away from everyone on multiple days in the mountains. Then, going one-two in the time trial. Ayuso is doing great too. What might have happened had he not crashed at the Dauphine?

Not saying these guys aren't good riders. But this is getting a little audacious. When Pantani was making a mockery of the Giro, at least they busted him. Is Pogy that popular in Europe that he's getting the Lance effect?
Wow, folks like to go out on style!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Professional Road Racing​

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Post here instead:

No mutiny at UAE says Matxin ... we have only one leader and your contract tells you who he is!
https://velo.outsideonline.com/road...france/they-know-tadej-pogacar-is-number-one/
The Spanish staffer told Bici the division of labor had been blasted into the brains of every new addition to his supreme “super-team.”

“I was clear from the moment I spoke to new riders about joining the team,” Fernández Matxin said. “Guys like Adam Yates, like [Pavel] Sivakov, [Tim] Wellens and [Nils] Politt know they will have their space, but when Tadej is there, they will ride for him.

“Those were the conditions we set before we even signed the contract,” Fernández Matxin continued. “I’m not the one who makes them sign, but I have only the word and that must always be respected.”

Reactions: Salvarani