• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE Tour 2020, February 23- February 29

yfi2RilT_400x400.jpg

EQf_3KRWAAANY1Y

The one and only world tour race in the Middle East. And the long awaited comeback race for Chris Froome! And if you haven't had enough of young Tadej Pogacar and Valverde, they're back for this race.
Also notable GC mentions are Adam Yates, Rafal Majka, Lutsenko, Wout Poels, and others. The starlist isn't yet final so some good names might popup during the week.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/uae-tour/2020/overview
https://www.theuaetour.com/

eZtCxHG.png

CDMaavZ.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport.

300acmG.png

Full startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/uae-tour/2020/gc/startlist

Last edited:
I don't really mind Jebel Hafeet featuring twice. At the end of the day there is two great summit finishes which is better than one. For the GC it's hard to look past Pogacar I think.

The sprinter field will be amazing. Sprinters showing great early form such as Groenewegen, Gaviria, Bennett and Ewan will clash here. Some other big names are also starting: Ackermann, Demare, Cavendish...
Not to mention some outsiders: Barbier, Dainese.
Maybe this field will become even stronger as the final startlist is published.
Who do you think will shine?

Reactions: yaco
The sprint stages at least are less of a bore than usual to the high calibre of the fast men competing.

De Plus should be fun to watch given a rare chance to lead the line and see whether some great Super Domestique climbing can translate to riding for his own glory.

Poels also getting to lead with Nibali over in Algarve and could be a podium contender.

Hard to look beyond Pogacar for the GC given how strong he was in Valencia and the fact his team is in its home race with it being an openly stated target for him.

I am just looking forward to how Froome does. And if Valverde has recovered from Valencia.

Basically on Valverde's interview after Murcia I don't expect anything from him at UAE. That interview had the body language of I'm only doing this interview because I have to. I don't think it has anything to do with "recovering" from Valencia. Something has changed with him this year.

Basically on Valverde's interview after Murcia I don't expect anything from him at UAE. That interview had the body language of I'm only doing this interview because I have to. I don't think it has anything to do with "recovering" from Valencia. Something has changed with him this year.

Something had changed with him last year as well, was all you wrote the entire spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanco
I have quite enjoyed Jebel Hafeet so far (of course, looking at who has won the past couple of years, that wouldn

Something had changed with him last year as well, was all you wrote the entire spring.

When he's doing interviews after his home race and his body language is fully, the only reason I'm doing this interview is because I have to. (Almost like Marshawn Lynch's media day, I'm only here so I don't get fined interviews). Something is off. Before the season he was talking about how motivated and excited he was and wouldn't say he's definitely retiring at the end of 2021 and then right after Mallorca he says next year it I'm done at the end of 2021. Then we get the 2nd climb stage at Valencia, and now an interview where it's obvious he didn't want to do the interview after his home race, with some of the local media whom he knows well and usually is very good with and instead is very short with.

By the way something was wrong last year and this year it's worse this year.

TRENDING THREADS