• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE Tour 2021, February 21 - February 27

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
16 Big Photos from Stage 4 (descriptions to come) — rcs/corvos

205-bettiniphoto_0486809_1_2000px.jpg

220-_FF62498.jpg

318-bettiniphoto_0486856_1_2000px.jpg

Tomorrow's climb is shallower so we might have a bigger group coming to the line. When Roglic won it 2 year ago there was a group of 10 riders that came in together and he just pipped Tom Dumoulin (then still at Sunweb) at the line. This was the result of that day:

BCgyrzS.png

So there should be minimal differences, it might be someone with a bigger punch that wins it. Someone like Almeida or Martinez can win it from a reduced group of favorites.

Tomorrow's profile:

Stage 5 » Fujairah Marine Club › Jebel Jais (170k)

Esu2-glWMAI49r0

EvBdUhRXUAcNCTr

Last edited:
I feel the finish of stage 1 explain it pretty good. Absolute zero tactical understanding, but that speed he attack the peloton with to close Cattaneo.. wow!

Yes, I agree, but I think (as I said the other day) that his primary mistake was to attack into a roundabout which killed all his momentum. Otherwise, he could have been hard to catch and he has made such a stunt successfully at least twice before (Paris-Tours 2016 and a stage at Tour du Limousin last year).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tomorrow's climb is shallower so we might have a bigger group coming to the line. When Roglic won it 2 year ago there was a group of 10 riders that came in together and he just pipped Tom Dumoulin (then still at Sunweb) at the line. This was the result of that day:

BCgyrzS.png

So there should be minimal differences, it might be someone with a bigger punch that wins it. Someone like Almeida or Martinez can win it from a reduced group of favorites.
Also a bit of bad luck that, once again, the climb will be raced with a headwind. I mean, it's basically Montevergine with a quarter extra length and a marginally higher average gradient, but it would at least be nice if it were to be raced with decent conditions for once.

Also a bit of bad luck that, once again, the climb will be raced with a headwind. I mean, it's basically Montevergine with a quarter extra length and a marginally higher average gradient, but it would at least be nice if it were to be raced with decent conditions for once.
Yates isn't dropping Pogi on those gradients either way, so maybe Ineos should actually do a little test with Ganna, just to see how long he can keep up with a strong field.