• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI: Italian Giro top favourite will be Bio-pass exposed in hours

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ALARM Is Pellizotti about to be cleared ?

September 13 | 16:39 | Pellizotti case postponed to October 21 ...

The National Anti-Doping Tribunal, chaired by Francis Plotinus, in the disciplinary procedings against Franco Pellizotti has postponed the hearing (read decision) on personal title and didn't want to disclose the reason and did set it on October 21,
2010, beginning at 10.30.

one comment aired under the Tuttobici report linked below >

Mah ..
aple03
Monday, September 13, 16:54
The lords of the TNA and cones are simply ridiculous !!!!!! On the other hand have to justify their presence in the seats they occupy ........ and always on the skin of others ....... but are ashamed ......

Source: http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=32661&tp=n

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Is Pellizotti about to be cleared ?

"Pello feels he has been cheated now"

Had no time, to busy, for a correct translate so you have to do it with Google/trans. ! must read !

Thursday, September 16 | 9:09 (3)

Pellizotti: it's sad, but I feel cheated

Discuss this issue again on October 21, six months after the one stop for alleged irregular blood values on the eve of the departure of the Tour of Italy. The President of the National Anti-Doping Tribunal, Francesco Plotinus, in fact, for reasons of its own motion, postponed yesterday's hearing process Pellizotti originally scheduled for September 16. The process will begin at 10 and 30: a few hours after you decide the career of the 32 year-old racer carniche origins. The anti-doping prosecutor, in fact, after the start of the investigation on July 29 asked for a ban of two years, believing those irregular blood values of the biological passport which refer to three different controls, the last of which on the eve of the Tour de France a year ago, the result of the use of doping practices.
Accusation, remember, was immediately rejected firmly by the Liquigas rider-Doimo, Pellizotti, always supported by the until the end of the year will be his club team and in particular by the same doctor Roberto Corsetti. No process, therefore, for now.
The rider has learned Monday by his lawyer, Rocco Taminelli Ticino and now his morale is over even more under the heel.
"At this point - Pellizotti said angrily, according to the Tour a year ago and winner of the polka dot jersey in the Tour - I am almost ashamed to be Italian. I feel teased. Stand accused, not on evidence but only in highly contested and uncertain values of the blood by six months. I, my office, always with the support of the Liquigas team doctor-Doimo Corsetti, whom I thank again, we believe we have ample evidence that challenged the values of the biological passport are natural. Yet - still Pellizotti - have postponed the trial to the second half of October for values in dispute, the last of which dates back to July last year. "
However, see this story, it is unacceptable that an athlete can be expressed at high level for ten-twelve years maximum should lose nearly a year to be judged.
"It's absurd," Pellizotti closes, which now does not train even more time and do not even have a contract in his pocket for the next season. And disheartened, no longer follows the races, he's just a thought for Thomas Casarotto died in the Giro del Friuli "that is a tragedy, but," she says sadly.

Il Messaggero Veneto from 15 September
signed by Antonio Simeoli

Read at link: http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=32721&tp=n

COMMENTS on the article of tuttobici
What a shame!
aple03
Thursday, September 16, 10:22
Shame is an understatement to say in this story. Now that the arguments about the UCI Valjavec suspended along with the skins were removed from the Slovenian Olympic Committee, CONI, the Italian is shaking and trying to not scrambling to make a wretched figure ... because there is no 'nothing of scientific evidence to justify an action like this .... but being in Italy where the Fund does not protect its licensed what can we expect?? And how TNA is justified?? And Mr. TOWERS what it says??
But let us pleasure .... e.. Shame on you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skins Hold on!!
A.T.

teased
click
Thursday, September 16, 10:30
even the fans feel cheated ....

WITH Pellizzotti.
warrior
Thursday, September 16, 11:05
Do not give up FREE!

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

In short, this story may linger awhile. Still an employee at Liquigas, Pelli has the legal right to race.
"But keeping with the team that supports me, and my lawyers, we chose not to use this option to not make things even more complicated. Then the third in the 2009 Giro just trains.
"I never stopped. Road and mountain biking. I remain optimistic because I know what I did, and I did not. My only fear is that if they give me no reason, it will mean the end of the supposed infallibility of the biological passport. "

Anyway, If I will be suspended or not, one of the two parties will go before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). "

http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2010/pellizotti-attend-toujours-un-jugement/

that's laughable in every way.they haven't goty any real incriminating evidences against him but he's out for a whole season now while these two spanish double-crosser's are/have been allowed to win gt in a row (okay one of them got punished after 2 years now). they should acquit him now for it like it happened with valjavec or should punishh him with a 10-14 months ban, that he at least would be able to take part at one gt (guiro,tdf, vuelta) next year.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Tomorrow final act Pellizotti drama, hearing to be held in Rome behind closed doors

Wednesday October 20, | 07:24 "Dear Editor, we are on the eve of the hearing of the case Pellizotti and I wonder what us fans know what will happen? Personally I am a reader of the Journal, I read the chronicles of Maurizio Galdi point about what happens in the courtroom cones. The fact that the hearing will be behind closed doors, what will allow us to know? Is not it that Coni and Federation UCI have something to hide? Even those directly involved will admit that in this case, controversial from the outset, the question naturally arises ... Meanwhile, a hug to Franco, who suffered so much for this event and hope to return soon to do what he likes. And tomorrow we will know much more certainly. Sincerely.

[http://tuttobiciweb.it]

This case will deside the threshold of the BioPass and its future !!!

May 28, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
This case will deside the threshold of the BioPass and its future !!!

What about the Tadej Valjavic case? His national federation refused to ban him under BioPass evidence and now the UCI is appealing that to the CAS... seems to me the CAS ruling (however many months away that is) will have more weight as far as the future of the BioPass than whatever CONI decides.