• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI, McQuaid, Verbruggen threaten to Sue Landis

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
He specifically asked about swiss law regarding libel/slander not european law governing italian doping practices. ;) And besides, barrus wasnt saying he knew the law, he was asking you to provide evidence to show that as you claimed, you knew the law.

I agree with Dim on this
And, Daotec, I did provide for sound legal reasoning and legal sources, something that you did not do, not even giving a reason on which you based your statements. And you still did not refute my legal reasoning or the sources I posted and just went on posting statements without any merit

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Pretty slack by the lawyer to refer to McQuaid as "Mr Pat McQuaid" and not his full legal name of "Patrick"

The second paragraph as well is pretty patchy.

You Basically indicate that the UCI may protect etc etc

basically and may are pretty loose terms legally.

Its pretty hard to sue somebody for "kind of" saying "maybe"

My advice floyd, let them take you to court. The amount of evidence they will need to provide they arent corrupt will almost certainly unearth something.

their lawyer looks pretty mean though
ditesheim.jpg

I agree.

I place the chances that they would actually file a lawsuit between slim and none. If they did, it would get tossed right quick. "basically" "maybe" ...etc.

Floyd was far more derogatory with other statements. The ADR interview is mild and interpretive compared to his other direct allegations in the past.

I am tickled by the "honour" portion. Stunning, but even lawyers need to pay bills and eat, and this one has McQuack and Verdruggen paying a retainer. Suck them dry, Rolf!

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
They will never sue. They were going to sue Greg LeMond remember when he said they were corrupt. Just like the people who run FIFA, they certainly don't want to be put on a stand in a court of law and have to answer, under oath, very uncomfortable questions.

The people accusing Landis of being 'deranged', a 'nutcase' and a liar are certainly looking stupid after the Contador ruling.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Roadent said:
Awesome update from Floyd himself:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-threatens-landis-with-legal-action

Immediately after this story appeared online Landis sent the following email to Cyclingnews's editor and the UCI legal representative, Mr Ditesheim.

Sweet.
The more of these I see, the more likely it is to me that RaceRadio is actually Floyd's PR guy. I would imagine very similar exchanges between those two. :D

I hope the UCI keeps bringing up Floyd's name, over and over again, for any reason whatsoever. The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission (which I would gladly pay to the CN Forum if they start charging every time Pat or Hein respond to Floyd). ;)

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
+1

Even though it is becoming extremely easy to point out UCI irregularities and corruption.... I am becoming a Landis fan more and more.

Go Floyd.

yeah hes great! but really back to reality actually hes a failed lying blackmailer who would happily be involved in the sport if his blackmail efforts had been effective. oh and the lemond molestation threats that to and the floyd fairness fund class act real man no doubt.
he is high level immoral epic scumbag its as if peoples delusion and hatred for certain others causes short term memory loss amazing and i would assume most are grown men on here really? grow up kids look at facts regarding this clown.

forty four said:
yeah hes great! but really back to reality actually hes a failed lying blackmailer who would happily be involved in the sport if his blackmail efforts had been effective. oh and the lemond molestation threats that to and the floyd fairness fund class act real man no doubt.
he is high level immoral epic scumbag its as if peoples delusion and hatred for certain others causes short term memory loss amazing and i would assume most are grown men on here really? grow up kids look at facts regarding this clown.

Show the evidence of him blackmailing. Because the emails certainly don't show this.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
+1

Even though it is becoming extremely easy to point out UCI irregularities and corruption.... I am becoming a Landis fan more and more.

Go Floyd.

ok, but how did this particular link posted by Landis point that out?
Surely my naivity, but I'm not seeing the pun intended by Landis with this particular link to Carpani.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
If Floyd were smart, he'd lift Hein's a-hole letter from the Mercury pay dispute, re-tool it to fit this situation and send it right back.

"It doesn't work that way in the USA and certainly not with me"

May 26, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:

post the evidence of this or STFU about it.:mad:

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:

Forty Four, please get back on-topic or I'll rat you out faster than Cindy Brady.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
Good to see everyone picking up one part of the attack on Landis and ignoring the rest. Then again, asking for any evidence of UCI corruption that wasn't just someones cynical opinon would be tricky as well.

A

Anonymous

forty four said:

Yes, we know Floyd wronged you in some past life. But quit whining like a little girl already.

Time to sac-up. If Lemond can forgive Floyd, surely you can too.

SC1990 said:
Good to see everyone picking up one part of the attack on Landis and ignoring the rest. Then again, asking for any evidence of UCI corruption that wasn't just someones cynical opinon would be tricky as well.

They should in fact sue him. I'd like to see this case go to court, and have them open all their books.

I'll not hold my breath. You?

forty four said:

Actually can't agree more. Total slimeball acts, all of it.

That doesn't make his position on the UCI wrong though, does it?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
SC1990 said:

You're right. The writing on the wall is not admissable as legal evidence.

forty four said:

You need to slow down and take a breath, because the only thing more ignorant than your grammar is your message.

A

Anonymous

sniper said:
ok, but how did this particular link posted by Landis point that out?
Surely my naivity, but I'm not seeing the pun intended by Landis with this particular link to Carpani.

I'm not suggesting his email did that.

I'm saying Landis will likely have a pretty easy time pointing out irregularities at the UCI and even though this will be the equivalent of picking low hanging fruit I still can't help but admire Floyd's willingness to go toe to toe with the Paddy and Heinie show.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I'm not suggesting his email did that.

I'm saying Landis will likely have a pretty easy time pointing out irregularities at the UCI and even though this will be the equivalent of picking low hanging fruit I still can't help but admire Floyd's willingness to go toe to toe with the Paddy and Heinie show.

+1 & join the club

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
They should in fact sue him. I'd like to see this case go to court, and have them open all their books.

I'll not hold my breath. You?

That's why this is so laughable. You know there is no way they'd ever let themselves into a court jurisdiction that allowed for discovery.

Floyd slam-dunked them by releasing the letter. They've probably got steam blowing out of their ears now.

TRENDING THREADS