• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You would think he'd be perfect for them; Nino is likely to be at the front of races again next year. However, the other three riders in the team have struggled to get podiums recently. Surely Scott can throw more budget at the team if they really want to keep a future star.
But there seems to be a space now available at Specialized after the retirement of Kerschbaumer.

Interesting news.....
It seems like they could have a hard tail out by spring (could/should have already had one out, IMO). Not having anything until 2024 seems strange to me. They've had two years already and now they are going to take another year? After the Olympics Tom might go more road heavy. Developing a rear suspension is tougher simply because they have to make a system that doesn't infringe on the already existing platforms. The other option is to partner with , for example, BMC. Pin develops a front and rear that uses BMC suspension design.

Interesting in the article that they said 'specialized' so many times (granted with a small 's').

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
It seems like they could have a hard tail out by spring (could/should have already had one out, IMO). Not having anything until 2024 seems strange to me. They've had two years already and now they are going to take another year? After the Olympics Tom might go more road heavy. Developing a rear suspension is tougher simply because they have to make a system that doesn't infringe on the already existing platforms. The other option is to partner with , for example, BMC. Pin develops a front and rear that uses BMC suspension design.

Interesting in the article that they said 'specialized' so many times (granted with a small 's').

Partnering with some well established brand and using/modifying their long term proved design (specially the rear suspension) seems like the only option that would make sense imho. I don't think Pina will be fully committed to branch out (again as they did have a hard tail bike years back) into the MTB world. This seems like a short term project just because of the Tom... at least to me.

Reactions: jmdirt
And in the XCM Worlds, PFP has completed the XC hat trick with her victory. Annie Last was 2nd, and Jolanda in 3rd.

In the men's defending champion Andreas Seewald is at the front with Sam Gaze - 53 secs clear of the field.

One has to say, the coverage is less than good. Danish & English commentary, with a few static cameras.....and there was even annoying background music.

It's always amazed me that some manufacturers ignore a sector of the market. MTB is a huge market, so why would you not bother with it? Colnago are similar. Campagnolo doesn't bother with MTB groupsets either - though they did a while ago.
Colnago had nice steel hardtails in the 90s. Campa made a half hearted effort, realized that Shimano was light years ahead of them, so they threw in the towel (and missed out on million$).

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Looking at the men's podium yesterday, Gaze & Andreassen were both team mates at Specialized.

I'm sure there will be some interesting moves if any of those rumours are close to correct; however, for some reason we often don't get to know until 1st Jan. I'm guessing the 1st August is for road teams only, but that doesn't make sense....

Reactions: jmdirt
I sure hope Pinarello has some new designers because their road bike frames are heavy. Ineos was one of the last teams to go disc because of the extra weight.
I'm pretty sure I read a quote from one of their PR people stating that they couldn't design a fork for disc brakes. Every other manufacturer had a fork for two+ years so you say that?! SR has the fork already figured out for them so they just need to buy one of the ready made (hardtail) frames from the factory that makes their road bikes.

U23's get their own XCC races during the weekend. And XCM becomes a part of the World Cup.

so, checking the previous links, here is a recap of transfers news/rumors

Vidaurre to Scott
Colombo (BMC) rumored to Scott
Pauline leaves BMC (maybe Ineos)
Kross-Orlen will stop in 2023. Cink, Wawak, Litscher on the market
Avancini leaves Cannondale
KMC will ride Lapierre bikes after years with Orbea
Sarrou and Sina Frei leave Specialized (rumored to BMC)
Decathlon-Rockrider wants Maxime Marotte

TRENDING THREADS