• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hopefully someone can take the time to enlighten me, just casually thinking about Olympics start positions.
I assumed world rankings would be used, but Riley Amos appears to be ranked number one. Surely that cannot be right, or am I looking at the wrong data .
No, Riley Amos is the #1 ranked male XCO cyclist in the world. He's won every World Cup XCO race he has started this year.

Reactions: jmdirt
Everyone is heading to elevation. This past weekend was bad scheduling.

Yeah, absolutely. It makes me question those running the series.....and as I've already mentioned, a massive gap to the next World Cup, in late September; so near enough 3 months. They could have scheduled Les Gets the week after the Worlds in Andorra.

I think it's the first World Cup N1no has chosen to miss for over 10 years (not including injury).

Yeah, absolutely. It makes me question those running the series.....and as I've already mentioned, a massive gap to the next World Cup, in late September; so near enough 3 months. They could have scheduled Les Gets the week after the Worlds in Andorra.

I think it's the first World Cup N1no has chosen to miss for over 10 years (not including injury).
Nino is an old man now. He needs more time for recovery/training to freshen up for the Olympic games, which is his main objective this season.