• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI now investigating "unfounded allegations"

A

Anonymous

This gets more an more bizarre.. The UCI has now initiated investigations against John Lelangue by asking the US Cycling Federation to investe "unfounded allegations" into John lelangue..

Weirder and Weirder

http://www.versus.com/blogs/2010-cy...ted-by-uci-through-ffc-against-john-lelangue/

"I will fully cooperate in such investigation by FFC, if any, to help the UCI and the cycling sport to show that the accusations of Mr. Landis against various persons and also me are not founded. This may help the persons accused, including myself, and the UCI to terminate this side battle created by Mr. Landis. As it was stated before and through various media during the last days, Mr. Landis is placing obviously disoriented accusations deriving from his regrettable fall down as sportsman and person in creditability. However, and for the time being as Mr McQuaid stated into the same direction, we - the cycling sport and myself at the BMC Racing Team - continue to currently fully attend to the spectacular racing in this year's Giro d'Italia, and as far as my person is involved, I will have time to attend afterwards to the said accusations of Mr. Landis, which are totally unfounded. For the time being the Giro and the absolute concentration on Cadel Evans's race in our team has priority."

A

Anonymous

John Lelangue received a respective note from the UCI in which it is stated that the UCI does not regard the accusations of Mr. Landis as founded,

What sort of ****ing governing body sends a note to a accused individual in a doping case to tell them that they think the allegations are unfounded.. ****ing idiotic..

"oh we dont think youve done anything wrong, so just play along and eventually this will all go away"

**** You UCI.. this aint going away!

this is possibly the most ridiculous and worrying press release ive seen since this whole thing started..

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong Donations?

This is crazy. LA donated $$$ to UCI?!?!? Uh, why?

I know why...just making fun of the biggest cover-up in cycling. It's like Michael Johnson giving funds to the IAAF, or Kaka giving up $$ to the Spanish Premier League. You just don't do it...unless you're hiding something.

Sad. I became a fan of cycling watching the LeMond, Hinault, Fignon battles...now this great sport is being drug through the mud like none other.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Old School said:

I know why...just making fun of the biggest cover-up in cycling. It's like Michael Johnson giving funds to the IAAF, or Kaka giving up $$ to the Spanish Premier League. You just don't do it...unless you're hiding something.

Sad. I became a fan of cycling watching the LeMond, Hinault, Fignon battles...now this great sport is being drug through the mud like none other.

The whole case is simply embarrassing. And the "coincidence" is that the donation was made in 2002 and there could be a relation between the $$$ and the "vanished" doping test that "never existed". -- Should I lough or cry?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Old School said:

And the "fanboys" (I hate to use that phrase) are decrying the trashing of the sport by the messenger. Meanwhile the Emperor/UCI who has no clothes makes exclamations exhonerating the accused and condemning the public. This is one, slow-moving train wreck.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I find it interesting that LA "promised" a donation in 2002 and then didn't pay until 2005, when the UCI sent a letter reminding him that they needed/expected payment. Sounds more like he was paying "for" something, rather than a simple donation, if they were after him to pay up.

Just an observation

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can just see Pat chuckling in front of a group of reporters "oh ho ho it's actually quite embarrassing really, I had to remind him to pay up! ah ha ha..." He spilled it before anyone could find out and call him on it, the only smart thing he's done recently..

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Guidokcd said:
I find it interesting that LA "promised" a donation in 2002 and then didn't pay until 2005, when the UCI sent a letter reminding him that they needed/expected payment. Sounds more like he was paying "for" something, rather than a simple donation, if they were after him to pay up.

Just an observation

that jumped out at me too.

ed rader

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
On a separate but still significant issue, the UCI seem happy to show emails from the labs regarding the Swiss positive allegations in 2001. On the evidence being produced there does not seem to be anything in that allegation. I am talking evidence rather then conjecture which seems to abound on here.

It will be interesting to see how things roll on from here. The $100k 'donation' is dead in the water, it will go nowhere regardless of what people think the true motive was so we need to move on from that.

I will be interested to see who 'co-operates' with the investigation now. Lelangue is "co-operating" but only in the dismissive sense regarding the Landis accusations. I can see a bit of 'he said, she said' coming out of this.

On with the show.

TRENDING THREADS