• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Road World Championships 21st-29th September 2019 - Yorkshire - Race Thread.

We have the Harrogate worlds thread but here are all the profiles for the races across the 9 days of racing in Yorkshire, which we can also use for a race thread each day. I'll add to the OP as we go, including official startlists, and if I've missed something then please post it below.

Day 1 on Saturday are the opening events for the Para-cycling Road races, which take place on the 14km Harrogate circuit.

Every event bar the Men's Elite TT and the Women's Junior RR will use the 14km Harrogate circuit in some capacity, so here is the official, and the veloviewer profile for the lap:

Sunday 22nd September 1.10pm; Team Time-Trial mixed relay (one circuit for the trio of men, followed by one for the trio of women) 28km.

Monday 23rd September 10.10am and 1.10pm; Women's junior ITT (one circuit) 14km. Men's Junior ITT (two circuits) 28km.

Tuesday 24th September 10.10am and 2.40pm; Men's under 23 ITT. Women's Elite ITT. (Same course for both events) 32.5km.

Profile (Ignore the title):

Wednesday 25th September 1.10pm; Men's Elite ITT, 54km.

Thursday 26th September 12.10pm; Men's Junior Road Race, 144.5km (route plus 3 circuits).

Friday 27th September 8.40am and 2.10pm; Women's Junior Road Race, 91.5km (route and no circuits) . Mens's U23 Road Race, 192.5km (route plus three circuits).

https%3A//i.imgur.com/LPdJKSE.png[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/PoEuS8s.png[/img]']

Saturday 28th September 11.40am; Women's Elite Road Race, 149.5km (route plus three circuits).

Sunday 29th September 8.40am; Men's Elite Road Race, 284.5km (route plus seven circuits).

My only concern is that a full strength Dutch team would probably put minutes into everyone else. Luckily Dumoulin isn't riding.

Dumoulin, Kelderman, Oomen, Van Baarle/Van Emden then Van Vleuten, Van der Breggen, Van Dijk and Brand would be untouchable.
Don't worry, the Dutch are sending what isn't even a B but a C team.

Mollema, Bouwman, Van Emden and Mackaij, Brand and Markus.

They still won EC but the field here is stronger. I can see Germany winning this

You know how high intensity a TTT is? Like you'll see climbers hanging on for dear life when a TTer is on the front?

Women would be able to take approximately 0 turns. And if they can even hang on on a flat section that goes out the window when the gradient goes up.
Very true. You would be restricted entirely by the ability of the weakest woman to hold the wheel.

Van Vleuten joined the MTS men's squad for TT training at the start of the year and said that the pace of even Chaves and the Yates was too much for her to be able to roll through. All she could do was hold position.

This was the strongest female TTer in the world.

TRENDING THREADS