• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI World Championships 2024 - Juniors, RR/ITT

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I didn't realize he was Michael Barry's son, until I went to his PCS page and saw he was born in Girona. Then looked to if Barry was Dad. I assume his mom is from USA?

Yes

Looking ahead to next year, we'll have the likes of Benjamin Noval, Kristian Haugetun, Gabriel Genter, Jinze Joris, Enzo Hincapie, Karl Herzog and Finn Bastiaanssen coming in, amongst others.
Since you mentioned Karl Herzog, I assume that you are talking about Grenke Auto Eder. Do you have any sources about the transfers? I just know from the two red bull athletes Herzog and Tjumins.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wow! Talk about good genes!
Yes, he has everything at his disposal to become a world class rider, talent included. As explained in the OP, I am expecting the sweepstakes for his signature to approach legendary levels.

However, at the same time I am kind of wary and cautious. His mom and dad were professional athletes, and Ashlin himself has been killing top level juniors and high level amateurs/semi-professionals since the age of 14. In this age of young professionalism, it makes me wonder how much of it is due to having a physical and professional head start.

Swiss rider Muriel Furrer fell heavily today, Thursday 26 September, during the Women Junior road race at the 2024 UCI Road and Para-cycling Road World Championships in Zurich (Switzerland) for reasons still to be determined. Muriel Furrer was taken to hospital by an emergency helicopter. She suffered a serious head injury and is in a very critical condition.

Swiss rider Muriel Furrer fell heavily today, Thursday 26 September, during the Women Junior road race at the 2024 UCI Road and Para-cycling Road World Championships in Zurich (Switzerland) for reasons still to be determined. Muriel Furrer was taken to hospital by an emergency helicopter. She suffered a serious head injury and is in a very critical condition.
Oh no