• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI's response to USADA report

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Caruut said:
That's because no other sport gets investigated. What's the difference between stripping a title in 13 days and stripping it in 13 years? Are we to say that if you can evade justice for long enough then cheating is okay? Maybe there won't be a brighter future - you punish cheats not because you know it will be better, but because that's the only way it might get better. While the UCI remains the same, I think we all remain pretty pessimistic, but how is the current situation worse than if we were all still pretending it was all okay?
It is selective justice because some of proven dopers (Ullrich, Baaso, Contador, Landis) have kept their titles. With this you punish single individual but don't change the system. To me the only winners are lawyers not justice.

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Lance Armstrong had/has an USA Cycling Federation license. Would it have been less likely the USADA started an investigation when Lance rode with a Monegask or Swiss licence?

Of course you will be suspended when testing positive looking at Thomas Dekker, Vino, Rebellin but Armstrong is still an American citizen who rode for an American Cycling Team.

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
guncha said:
It is selective justice because some of proven dopers (Ullrich, Baaso, Contador, Landis) have kept their titles. With this you punish single individual but don't change the system. To me the only winners are lawyers not justice.

I couldn't agree with you more. If everone's results are tainted, remove them or let them stand with an astrerisk. Fair and unform treatment across the board. Define the criterion and stick with it. If it is a failed test or something else really doesn't matter to me; being consistant seems the only way to be fair and objective and the best way to move forward! Does anyone else think a 6 month sanction is joke? Give them amnesty or throw the book at them otherwise it smacks of favortism and corruption. Armstrong's fans don't need any more ammo.

TRENDING THREADS