• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ulissi pulled

Dear Wiggo said:
Good grief.

Very much so..... I guess the antibiotics didn't cut it.

Needed something stronger! :rolleyes:

Ulissi had been suffering for two days from a bacterical faringitis and was racing with a sore throat and temperature. Antibiotics failed to provide a respite for the 24-year-old, who tried to honour the race as best as he could by finishing stage 17 to Vittorio Veneto, with the team doctor making the final decision.

thehog said:
Being MPCC and not having a UCI family member in the team meant he couldn't get easy access to the horse steroids.

Cycling at two speeds? :mad:

He probably should have change citizenship as well.

The MPCC has nothing to do with Froome's TUE, any MPCC rider could recieve the same and continue riding.

That's all I'll say, lets not turn this into another Sky thread.

first of all, mpcc is just a joke. it doesn't mean anything

second of all, anyone who believes that amount of salbutamol will give you the boost he had on il giro, is well let's just say naive...same with floyd landis testosterone positive. ulissi went pedal to the metal. even uci said no.
hopefully this won't affect rui costa and papy :(

WOW Lampre sucks :eek:

They have been crap for years and as soon as they decide to up the game a bit, one of their leaders is caught within a few months :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if Costa also ended up being caught down the line, which would be hilarious as i think he is riding worse than he was last year at Movistar, yet at Movistar no will ever get caught.

I think Horner does his own thing and if he wasn't caught at last years Vuelta, he will never get caught.

Parrulo said:

They have been crap for years and as soon as they decide to up the game a bit, one of their leaders is caught within a few months :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if Costa also ended up being caught down the line, which would be hilarious as i think he is riding worse than he was last year at Movistar, yet at Movistar no will ever get caught.

I think Horner does his own thing and if he wasn't caught at last years Vuelta, he will never get caught.

Yet some players seem untouchable.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:

That Lampre hired Horner after seeing those blood values tells you everything you need to know about the team's ethics.

thehog said:
No they wouldn't. MPCC riders are withdrawn rather than accept a TUE for horse steroids.

No, they are not. Go and read the MPCC rules.

In fact, here you go.

4. Intra-articular corticosteroid injections have to be validated by the team doctor, who will prescribe eight days off-race.

5. In the event of collapsing cortisol levels, eight rest days are to be prescribed (waiting for normal blood tests results).

The only rules you could possibly be thinking of. Neither would have prevented Froome's TUE and continued racing.

TRENDING THREADS