• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

US Pro XCT

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Looked like a great first round of the new series! It'll be interesting to see if the new format and leadership can bring XC racing back to the level it was in the late 90's. Scott Tedro seems to be living up to his word so far.

Amazing coverage from the race at www.cyclingdirt.org! Full race video for men and women and almost a hundred interviews and other videos/ photos from the weekend. Everything was posted the night after the race! That's what MTB really needs,

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
agreed, great site at cyclingdirt.org. All the year's new bikes on display made me want to whip out the credit card and stimulate this economy. 100+ starters in the elite race showed that XC MTB isn't dead in the USA!

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
round 2 ProXCT good too

The second round of the ProXCT was great, too. It drew a top-notch field and the men and women looked so smooth out there - despite it being an all-out scorcher of a day that made the rest of us want to scramble to find some shade in which to hide.

It will be fun to see how some of the series top talent does as they also participate in the upcoming World Cups in Offenburg this weekend and Houffalize next weekend.

Those guys like Christoph Sauser and Burry Stander sure are getting in their frequent flier miles. South Africa one weekend, California the next, then back to Europe.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Sue George said:
Those guys like Christoph Sauser and Burry Stander sure are getting in their frequent flier miles. South Africa one weekend, California the next, then back to Europe.

I'm in awe at how the elite level can cope with the jet lag and still race virtually right after stepping off the plane...Kabush's "word tour" last year comes to mind.

I'm literally spent for days (sometimes weeks) every time I fly between the west coast and Norway...