• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

US prosecutors drop case against Armstrong/USPS

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I am totally with you on this.Lance should be able to dominate bike and triathlon racing at every level from now on. What a slacker!! His schedule is so light that he should have won the swim in a concrete suit,wtf.
Armstrong has again shown that all this life stuff has revealed him as human or just super human rather than unbeatable. He really needs to buckle down if this career change is going to get traction.

The funny thing is, I think that's all stuff that Lance is telling himself more than any critics are saying it.

It's one thing to be driven and push yourself, it's another to not ever be satisfied unless you destroy everyone that stands in your way to claim your rightful spot at #1.

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
fatandfast said:
He really needs to buckle down if this career change is going to get traction.
Naw, he just needs to get Mephistopheles... er... I mean Dr. Michele Ferrari back on the payroll and 'advising' him as to a proper training regimen. :D

I am bit late to the party, haven't checked in here in a while, so I didn't know the 'other' monster thread on Armstrong was closed when the prosecutors dropped the case 2 months ago, but why was the thread closed? Is it precisely because the case was dropped or was there too much bad behaviour on the part of the posters?

As far as the prosecutors dropping the case, all I have to say is SHAME. I really don't see this being dragged on for too long. I was only 50/50 sure on anything really happening with the investigation in the first place, but I always hoped for the best. Looks like Armstrong and his $$$ still come up trumps.

BullsFan22 said:
I am bit late to the party, haven't checked in here in a while, so I didn't know the 'other' monster thread on Armstrong was closed when the prosecutors dropped the case 2 months ago, but why was the thread closed? Is it precisely because the case was dropped or was there too much bad behaviour on the part of the posters?

As far as the prosecutors dropping the case, all I have to say is SHAME. I really don't see this being dragged on for too long. I was only 50/50 sure on anything really happening with the investigation in the first place, but I always hoped for the best. Looks like Armstrong and his $$$ still come up trumps.

Apparently, Novitsky contacted Cyclingnews and requested that the thread be closed. Novitsky appently was very apologetic for creating such a fuss. Now that he proved Lance's innocence, he wanted the thread closed.

Regards

Hugh

hughmoore said:
Apparently, Novitsky contacted Cyclingnews and requested that the thread be closed. Novitsky appently was very apologetic for creating such a fuss. Now that he proved Lance's innocence, he wanted the thread closed.

Regards

Hugh

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ton-to-sharpen-his-fitness-for-ironman_211554

Sources have confirmed to VeloNews that the seven-time Tour de France champion will race the three-week Vuelta a España (August 18 to September 9) to hone his cycling legs ahead of the three-event Ironman finale on October 13

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
jonny testaronny said:
I'm kinda wondering about this attitude--if all you can give are the vaguest of hints, castigating others who--you say--know far less than you do, why bother coming on to this site? Why bother saying anything at all, if you can't say anything of substance?

he add a few thousand post to that count and they will consider your post,,,,,,jonny come lately. :eek:

Glenn_Wilson said:
In 2009 on april 5th my best friend and training partner passed away while running the chip timeing system for this tri. I was there today just to watch but life has not been the same since my best friend Kent Wells passed. :(

Sorry about your friend. Life is so fragile.

That is why it makes sense to live life as a nice person - although sociopaths might not be able to make the necessary adjustments (comment to link post to thread subject)

danjo007 said:
hows that a fail. the only fail i see you your idiotic attempt at kicking a dead corpse. get over it, get a life cause you dont seem to have one, nor have had one for quite some time.

You’re right 7th is the new 1st and getting gassed on the line by Joe Average has been Lance’s motto for years.

He’s becoming a wee bit of joke is he not?

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
danjo007 said:
hows that a fail. the only fail i see you your idiotic attempt at kicking a dead corpse. get over it, get a life cause you dont seem to have one, nor have had one for quite some time.

Danjo spends all his time here blowing people off for blowing people off.

Gumby see no hypocracy.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
thehog doesn't bother with dead corpses; he's too busy with living ones
tumblr_lmjd64DlJB1qccsrmo1_400.jpg

TRENDING THREADS