• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

US prosecutors drop case against Armstrong/USPS

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
:D The race temp. was hot. There were a large number of participants who were sick after the event. He was mugggging while coming into the finish line.....the race is not over until you cross the line.

Even though I initially took part up thread with my post about his daughter wanting to give him a medal,,,,,but I think everyone including myself should stay away from the man's children. I feel bad for her and for her dad for not seeing her and acknowledging her. This is just a bit too personal in my opinion.

Glenn_Wilson said:
:D The race temp. was hot. There were a large number of participants who were sick after the event. He was mugggging while coming into the finish line.....the race is not over until you cross the line.

Even though I initially took part up thread with my post about his daughter wanting to give him a medal,,,,,but I think everyone including myself should stay away from the man's children. I feel bad for her and for her dad for not seeing her and acknowledging her. This is just a bit too personal in my opinion.

Nice post Glenn_.
Definitely agree....felt sorry for her. She had probably planned that for a long time and was excited....

..sorry about your friend.:(

gooner said:
Here was Lance`s response when asked about it on twitter. Lets just say i dont think he is a big fan of Velonews.

@ItsBrooklin I don't believe much of anything that's reported on VN even when it's not April Fools Day

Even when the mag & site printed the doctrine for years on end. Sounds like he lost his sense of humor in all of this investigation stuff.

Glenn_Wilson said:

I agree on his children - off limits.

Although it is fun taking the p1ss out of him. He spent the best part f decade sh1tting on everyone else it's nice to laugh at him when he gets smoked by John Q Average.

The ethics work both ways though.
If you'd be deep into trouble, ethically and criminally, would you allow your kids to show up to your public workplace, TV present and all?
That's poor judgement right there. Another parent may have been involved in the "surprise", but really, Lance is a very toxic influence with the rest of the world in the mix. Kids should have been off limits years ago. Not saying he's not a dream dad under own roof. Some sociopaths may be.
Lance should not give us the impression he's using his kids as shields, however bad he is at it here.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Nice post Glenn_.
Definitely agree....felt sorry for her. She had probably planned that for a long time and was excited....

..sorry about your friend.:(
I feel sorry for her also. My worst fear as a father is to let my daughter down. It makes a man feel like .....S#@!.

Thanks mewmewmew13 for the thoughts.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Although it is fun taking the p1ss out of him. He spent the best part f decade sh1tting on everyone else it's nice to laugh at him when he gets smoked by John Q Average.

That was the part that I can laugh about. He was just trotting in like oh well I suck because I am about to finish 6th..in this tri ....here in ****sville Galveston oh what a bum deal ....and tridude comes in all gunz a blazing and nips him at the finish. That dude has the best racing story for all times! I just gassed LA the tdf champion....I got the belt now ...LMAO...:D

One of my friends who was at the finish line when this happened said that some of the better stuff happened off…youtube. After he keeps walking and all of his entourage tried to ferry him to the tent. He said that some comical **** was going on…with people trying to get his attention for autographs and such.

LA’s run time is what gets him and will continue to get him into trouble. Hey LA if you need some help…../ coaching just give me a PM. I can get you into better running shape than Alberto S. can…:D

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

If this were actually about the children, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But this is about how LANCE treated his child.

Considering that he has stated publicly that he now does all of this for his foundation and his kids, it is quite clear that he is quite the narcissist (duh!).

What a complete turd he is. His daughter considered him a winner (no matter what) and was waiting to shower him with affection as he crossed the line. Someone should award HER a medal for showing such loyalty and affection. And trust me, he knew exactly who that was, and heard every word she said to him. He just couldn't act humble in front of his daughter. That's realy too bad.

BotanyBay said:
If this were actually about the children, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But this is about how LANCE treated his child.

Considering that he has stated publicly that he now does all of this for his foundation and his kids, it is quite clear that he is quite the narcissist (duh!).

What a complete turd he is. His daughter considered him a winner (no matter what) and was waiting to shower him with affection as he crossed the line. Someone should award HER a medal for showing such loyalty and affection. And trust me, he knew exactly who that was, and heard every word she said to him. He just couldn't act humble in front of his daughter. That's realy too bad.

As I see it after he crosses the line his head turns slightly toward her and he must be within about two feet of her. I do not believe for a minute that mr awareness was unaware of her.

You are correct BB.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
As I see it after he crosses the line his head turns slightly toward her and he must be within about two feet of her. I do not believe for a minute that mr awareness was unaware of her.

You are correct BB.

i think his attention was diverted bythe second child on the grassy knoll. check the tapes again :D

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Lance bashing commenters are missing a fundamental resource ! Quit talking about him and see what happens ? Quite certain Lance has better things to do than read the fiction posted here !
Oh you would miss the " adrenaline surge " from posting ? Nothing better to do with your time ?
How about jumping on your bike for the exercise that you think you give your brain ?
Perhaps some of you will get withdrawal symptoms but others will find there is a " life after Lance " !

Dissappointed to see 3000 comments when a handful is all this thread can justify !

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
skippy said:
Lance bashing commenters are missing a fundamental resource ! Quit talking about him and see what happens ?
Hi Skippy - as someone who has not posted in over a month I believe I am qualified to answer your question.

No, unfortunately as Armstrong has a Texas sized ego he will always try and remain in the news, which means there will always be comment.
What is noticeable now is that it has turned quite negative. I don't believe a clip like the one in The Mail would have even been shown a few years ago

skippy said:
Quite certain Lance has better things to do than read the fiction posted here !
I would be interested to know how you are "quite certain"?
As we know he checks (and remembers) comments on himself.

skippy said:
Oh you would miss the " adrenaline surge " from posting ? Nothing better to do with your time ?
How about jumping on your bike for the exercise that you think you give your brain ?
Perhaps some of you will get withdrawal symptoms but others will find there is a " life after Lance " !
As you are someone who has posted a few times on this thread and only seem to post about Armstrong or other posters motives, then you are more qualified to answer that question.

skippy said:
Dissappointed to see 3000 comments when a handful is all this thread can justify !
True enough - Armstrong is a narcissist should cover it.
However, what I find disappointing is that anyone would even try and defend his behaviour....

Clearly, this is the smoking gun Novitsky has been waiting for, should immediately relaunch the prosecution.

May he can get Lance's daughter to testify, maybe drugs were hidden in the medal and he didnt want her planting evidence on her.

Im sure it will all come out after the superbowl.

Hugh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Hi Skippy - as someone who has not posted in over a month I believe I am qualified to answer your question.

No, unfortunately as Armstrong has a Texas sized ego he will always try and remain in the news, which means there will always be comment.
What is noticeable now is that it has turned quite negative. I don't believe a clip like the one in The Mail would have even been shown a few years ago

I would be interested to know how you are "quite certain"?
As we know he checks (and remembers) comments on himself.

As you are someone who has posted a few times on this thread and only seem to post about Armstrong or other posters motives, then you are more qualified to answer that question.

True enough - Armstrong is a narcissist should cover it.
However, what I find disappointing is that anyone would even try and defend his behaviour....

hey Ohhh nice to have you back DR.

I talked to LA this weekend and all he said was .....??who was that tri guy who got me at the finish?????:D

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
should anybody be writing a sentence about what Lance's daughter or any other child should do? I know it's good for the page views if anything about Lance is left up but come on his kids?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
i think his attention was diverted bythe second child on the grassy knoll. check the tapes again :D

molina-back-and-to-the-left-seinfeld.jpg

fatandfast said:
should anybody be writing a sentence about what Lance's daughter or any other child should do? I know it's good for the page views if anything about Lance is left up but come on his kids?

Its pathetic, they haters have failed in their Lance lies and now they are talking about his kids.

Hugh

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
hughmoore said:
Its pathetic, they haters have failed in their Lance lies and now they are talking about his kids.

Hugh

If I see Lance neglecting his puppy, and I make mention of it, I'm not really talking about the puppy. I'm really talking about Lance.

Spare me the puppies, ok?

ObamaChoiceMcCainPets_366.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
If I see Lance neglecting his puppy, and I make mention of it, I'm not really talking about the puppy. I'm really talking about Lance.

Spare me the puppies, ok?

ObamaChoiceMcCainPets_366.jpg

So if I get this right,Lance is a neglectful parent. he doesn't support his kids the best way he can. Armstrong was not there for his kids,in lets say a no food on the table,no shoes,no school,no medical care,no nanny,no car seat,no college tuition, super poor future outlook kind of way for his children. That kind of neglect I am guessing. Or does being invited to the White House by presidents from both sides of the isle make your kids neglected? You guys are right,Armstrong is simply up to no good. I hope the foster parents,Bill and Melinda Gates can do a better job and really nurture these poor,poor little souls.

In reality Armstrong is nowhere near even the middle of the parenthood scale,I am sure some single mom that cleared a 100 bucks pole dancing or the dad on the midnight shift trying to keep his apartment for his kids are both wishing they could shower their loved children in the same kind of neglect Lance has punished his kids with,but maybe not.

Oh the Republicans. I hope Armstrong will stop bringing his kids to Vail,DisneyLand,Australia,throughout Europe and especially that god awful Hawaii,the contempt he has for those little people is appalling .I mean what kid wants to spend a bunch of time in Malibu anyway? Yucky

TRENDING THREADS