• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

US TV coverage for Milano-San Remo?

Mar 16, 2009
www.violetcrown.org
Last year, Versus didn't announce TV coverage of M-SR until days before the event. This year, again, the race isn't listed in their schedule. Nor is the Giro. With LA scheduled to ride both, doesn't this seem crazy for a North American cycling broadcaster? Their schedule appears to contain all the main ASO-promoted events, including the Vuelta, but nada as far as Italian races are concerned. I heard a rumor that US network NBC was negotiating for Giro rights, but the source wasn't authoritative. Anybody have any real word? I don't care about Lance Armstrong, I just want to see the races!!!

A

Anonymous

Rice Daddy said:
Last year, Versus didn't announce TV coverage of M-SR until days before the event. This year, again, the race isn't listed in their schedule. Nor is the Giro. With LA scheduled to ride both, doesn't this seem crazy for a North American cycling broadcaster? Their schedule appears to contain all the main ASO-promoted events, including the Vuelta, but nada as far as Italian races are concerned. I heard a rumor that US network NBC was negotiating for Giro rights, but the source wasn't authoritative. Anybody have any real word? I don't care about Lance Armstrong, I just want to see the races!!!

http://www.cyclingfans.com

You can watch the live video and then play the commentary from Eurosport UK on your media player. I have two monitors, so I watch the video feed on one, listen to the media player, and read live updates on the other....or maybe even post on forums....this multiple monitor thing is pretty cool

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I think cycling.tv is only doing highlights in North America (like last year), as they have the "no Sundays" agreement with the Versus crowd. I'm not sure what that portends for Versus's potential live coverage of the race.

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Vs tv

I went to hear Bob Roll speak last Friday night. In the Q&A session he was asked if VS was going to cover the Giro and he said that they were not.

TRENDING THREADS