• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Pro Cycling Challenge Stage 5; Breckenridge to Colorado Springs,189.7 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
benpounder said:
Internet coverage you mean. The actual TV coverage has the race at 25km to go...:rolleyes:

They clean most of the camera goofs up on the delay at least.

Not bad race. Still has the dynamic of a smaller race. I like the final as ITT on Sunday which is much better than a circuit.

benpounder said:
Internet coverage you mean. The actual TV coverage has the race at 25km to go...:rolleyes:

My TV coverage was fine (well... I did watch it through the Eurosport Player rather than on the TV but... I don't think should matter...)

Don't worry, René Wenzel, who's a new commentator for Eurosport Denmark and the "American Expert" has promised to use his influence to tell them to fix things!

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
LoLed so hard at those guys sprinting a round too early.
Impressive win by Farrar again. Does anyone know if it was originally the plan that he should do the Vuelta, coz if it was I think it was really, really good for his morale that he went to Colorado.

Yes, a good preperation for the two World Tour races in Quebec and Montreal, Sep. 4 and 9.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
WooHoo! Tyler just won...

...again...

...Today.

I wonder if who ever gets the broadcast rights next year will ask for a later start time, or adjust their broadcast schedule so that the race isn't over in the first half hour of coverage.

Mellow Velo said:
Same with Eurosport nobs Kirby and Smith.
A corporate lacky and ex team mate of boy wonder.
Sitting on the fence, but leaning well over to the Armstrong side.
Both sickening and pathetic in equal measure.

Agreed, pathetic and predictable. I almost didn't watch to avoid their inevitable fence-sitting and squirming. At least BS made the right noises about not approving of LA's activities though didn't exactly shout from the rooftops about his own anti-doping opinion. Kirby weasled continually but his attitude towards doping is always thus. He talked a load of horse about Schleck during the tour as a recent example.

They, as a collective, lived up to my expectations which were - being honest - as low as Lance's prospects of being the next USADA president.

RedheadDane said:
LoLed so hard at those guys sprinting a round too early.
Impressive win by Farrar again. Does anyone know if it was originally the plan that he should do the Vuelta, coz if it was I think it was really, really good for his morale that he went to Colorado.
Alan Peiper convinced him to go to Colorado. ;)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
That's precisely why it was a good race for him to get some confidence back at. Although, it has to be said that the sprinters at the Vuelta might not be much harder to beat.

It looked like he was not full gas. Tyler has the speed, but in a field thick with sprinters, he has lack the instinct and finer timing. Good to see him win a few. It might restore some confidence.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
My TV coverage was fine (well... I did watch it through the Eurosport Player rather than on the TV but... I don't think should matter...)

Don't worry, René Wenzel, who's a new commentator for Eurosport Denmark and the "American Expert" has promised to use his influence to tell them to fix things!

If he can move moutains (lower than 4000 meters) or bring in one these;

640px-Defense.gov_News_Photo_100916-F-0856M-325_-_U.S._Air_Force_Master_Sgt._Levi_Denham_a_WC-130J_Hercules_aircraft_weather_reconnaissance_loadmaster_assigned_to_the_53rd_Reconnaissance_Squadron.jpg

but there all busy flying through these right now
hurricane%20map%20of%20florida.jpg

TRENDING THREADS