• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Pro Cycling Challenge Stage 5; Breckenridge to Colorado Springs,189.7 km

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
USA Pro Cycling Challenge Stage 5; Breckenridge to Colorado Springs,189.7 km
UPC-2012-Stage-5-Profile.pdf

Hoosier Pass faces the riders right away and another day for a long one? Mostly down hill from there to a finish Colorado Springs. A day for the sprinters. Who will challenge Farrar?

Live Streaming; http://radioshacktourtracker.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/ 10:50 am MST, 12:50 pm EST

Chris Horner on the Jens attack and goofy clothes: http://bcove.me/3zojvaqu

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Some photos from the start of today's stage in Breckenridge. I'll post more after I get back from watching the start.

7851525468_b9a9b826b3_c.jpg
The Kingdom of Breck. Typical Ullr outfits

7851519382_005fbd53b1_c.jpg
Peak 8 It will rain today

7851515860_85e521473f_c.jpg

7851523646_09c6cfee4b_c.jpg
the start line being erected...

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
benpounder said:
Some photos from the start of today's stage in Breckenridge. I'll post more after I get back from watching the start.

Hey thanks, sorry busy. I don't expect much here today with the Armstrong news.

What's the temperature? Coolish 60s here. Nice.

So todays break has suddenly jumped to 5:10 after 53km, up about 3 mins in the past 10km or so, presumably the peleton took a natural break.

I guess there are only three questions, whether the break gets caught, who wins, and how many places separate TJVG and CVV at the finish line.

I dont expect much excitement. At least the video feed is working today (so far!!).

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yingge said:
So todays break has suddenly jumped to 5:10 after 53km, up about 3 mins in the past 10km or so, presumably the peleton took a natural break.

I guess there are only three questions, whether the break gets caught, who wins, and how many places separate TJVG and CVV at the finish line.

I dont expect much excitement. At least the video feed is working today (so far!!).

Nibali is now the virtual leader on the road. So I would expect a timed chase on this "easy" run in. I imagine what sprinters are here will want the stage, Garmin/ Farrar at least.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yingge said:
I havent seen Ivan Santaromita working for quite a while, he wont be popular with the other 6 in the cold and wet.

They should understand he's there for Tejay. It look pretty gusty with the T-storm.

They will probalbly be in the sun in another 20 minutes or so.

Yes, Santa now doing his share.

Break now down to 4:15, Nibali is about to lose his virtual lead.

Most isolated feed zone I have ever seen.

Check out the Satellite view - there has been a grid of roads laid out in that area - for who knows what.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This stage is almost all downhill so it will most likely be a day for the sprinters. Farrar ftw, could also see Caruso do well.

Yingge said:

Are there any stages in this race where you expect excitement? The mountains of Colorado have such immense potential for a fantastic cycling tour, but it's like the organizers went out of their way to choose the absolute most boring route they could find. "I know! Let's do one climb and go downhill for the rest of the day! Won't that be exciting?!" :rolleyes:

Yes, sad about the course, but thats what happens when towns/cities pay to host a start or finish, the orgainsers then have to fit in a trafficable road between the two. I would certainly like to see steeper climbs.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yingge said:
Yes, Santa now doing his share.

Break now down to 4:15, Nibali is about to lose his virtual lead.

Most isolated feed zone I have ever seen.

Check out the Satellite view - there has been a grid of roads laid out in that area - for who knows what.

A future communtiy...maybe. A ranch selling off land in the hopes of the once housing boom.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yesterdays hero

7852813464_1c885f0532_c.jpg

Both Jens and Chris Horner were very approachable this morning.

7852818382_15f6ab3cf0_c.jpg

The roll out...

7852821926_2cb26cbd4c_c.jpg

What is interesting is that photo of Horner was just after his interview with Bob Roll, I was 2 meters away and couldnt hear a word. I did not know about the afairs l'Armstrong until I posted those earlier photos. You would not have known that based upon the atmosphere around the team bus.

Isn't it about time for the tv coverage to totally fail?

Ooops, as I speak.

hfer07 said:
ohhh god:mad: Paul Sherwen was whipping while reading the news on LA/USADA....... pathetic:mad:
Same with Eurosport nobs Kirby and Smith.
A corporate lacky and ex team mate of boy wonder.
Sitting on the fence, but leaning well over to the Armstrong side.
Both sickening and pathetic in equal measure.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yingge said:
Yes, sad about the course, but thats what happens when towns/cities pay to host a start or finish, the orgainsers then have to fit in a trafficable road between the two. I would certainly like to see steeper climbs.

I talked with the route director this morning for about 15 minutes. He said that the towns do not pay the organization. Obviously though, the decision upon where the route will go is dependent upon the intangibles each town guarantees to provide.

Probably my favorite thing about this race is seeing all the young American riders I have on my Pro Cycling Manager team. :p

That would include Van Garderen, Phinney, King, Bushe, Howes, Stetina, Lewis, Keough, Craddock, Dombrowski, and Mannion.

TRENDING THREADS