• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Procycling Challenge 2013 (2.HC)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Neo pros (and CT level riders) goes into breaks for TV time. Serious in form guys goes into breaks to win something. Andy wasn't serious in California and he will likely be on vacation in Colorado too.

Don't really agree, Andy looked pretty serious in the breaks. I think he was really trying for a stage win there. Don't know what his plans will be for this race, but if he goes in a break then that shows he is serious and has plans to try for a stage win.

My main point though was that if a rider goes in the breakaway, then they are being competitive regardless of their reasons for going into it.

SetonHallPirate said:
Problem is, the connecting climbs in that area (even coming from the west and north...my mock stages came from Buena Vista, Fairplay, and Denver) all are horrible. A stage ending at the top of Pikes Peak is something you'd expect at the Vuelta, not the USAPCC.

You don't really need to have much before Pikes Peak to make a big difference given its length and altitude though. In a one week race with a mix of WT and Continental teams, it's plenty difficult on its own that a Javier Guillén special wouldn't be too much of an issue the way it might be in a longer race or a fully WT event.

Afrank said:
Don't really agree, Andy looked pretty serious in the breaks. I think he was really trying for a stage win there. Don't know what his plans will be for this race, but if he goes in a break then that shows he is serious and has plans to try for a stage win.

My main point though was that if a rider goes in the breakaway, then they are being competitive regardless of their reasons for going into it.

Take Nibali last year when he went to Colorado (from memory), I think he went into a few breaks and took lots of turns. He had limited form and ambitions, it was all training.

If Andy goes into a break in Colorado, it will be all about waving to the camera imo.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Take Nibali last year when he went to Colorado (from memory), I think he went into a few breaks and took lots of turns. He had limited form and ambitions, it was all training.

If Andy goes into a break in Colorado, it will be all about waving to the camera imo.

Even going into the breaks for training Nibali was being competitive, and same for Andy regardless of his reasons. And Andy in his current state I think is a lot more serious about his racing then your giving him credit for.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Neo pros (and CT level riders) goes into breaks for TV time. Serious in form guys goes into breaks to win something. Andy wasn't serious in California and he will likely be on vacation in Colorado too.

I also disagree (shocker), if Andy just wanted an easy ride while sipping bud light from the bidons he could have hidden in the peloton no problem, yet he chose to go into breaks with little to no chance of success and work a lot harder than he had to. He was not competitive for a win but he also didn't just ride for fun and games

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cannondale going black for US Pro Challenge. What was a good kit before becomes a great kit with the black. I would seriously consider making this they're kit for the rest of the year if I were them.

735584_226012320883494_148809282_o.jpg

Sagan
http://instagram.com/p/dJCEyIq5OJ/

Armchair cyclist said:
They did the same thing for a US race (possibly this one) last year as well. Different corporate image in the States?

well cannondale are US company they are always trying different things to attract attention over their, jersey change, and riding different bikes been among the ideas they try