• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USA Procycling Challenge 2013 (2.HC)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Looking at the startlist I don't see many sprinters. Who do you think will be there today to challenge Sagan?

Watch out for Ken Hanson, he already got a 2nd place in Calfornia (in front of Sagan)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Ruvu75 said:
Only problem is that he hasn't shown any form recently :)

He was good in Suiise. Crashed out of Burgos.

It's a learning year for him anyway, but I am sure his shape is better than Froome or Porte at the moment.

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Watch out for Ken Hanson, he already got a 2nd place in Calfornia (in front of Sagan)

Optum has a new guy, Ryan Anderson, who did a very good job a few weeks ago: only Viviani was faster than him. My guess is that he will be their sprinter. In Utah, they also preferred Young over Hanson.

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I like races in the States. Especially this one.
Coverage in Europe is just at the right time, terrain is unique, scenery is stunning, too bad it's not prestigious like European races and can't attract the best of the best.
But it serves its cause. Cycling is spreading through the world.

PeteTheSpinner said:
Coverage in Europe is just at the right time, terrain is unique, scenery is stunning, too bad it's not prestigious like European races and can't attract the best of the best.

When they reshuffle the WorldTour USpro or California have to gain WorldTour status, there are many big teams with American sponsors and a huge interest in the local population. Obviusly it's a shame if older races will be dropped witch might kill races like Catalunya or Rommandie, but thats the prize of globalization.

alas UCI might see it differently.

PeteTheSpinner said:

259885-chris-froome.jpg

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Peter von said:
When they reshuffle the WorldTour USpro or California have to gain WorldTour status, there are many big teams with American sponsors and a huge interest in the local population. Obviusly it's a shame if older races will be dropped witch might kill races like Catalunya or Rommandie, but thats the prize of globalization.

alas UCI might see it differently.
WT status should be a sure thing, and I don't think it will overly affect similar European races.
Riders will choose where they'll ride according to their goals and sponsors' interest. Teams have enough riders to handle the overlapping.
What I'm thinking of is a GT in the States. I'd love it, but it isn't realistic.
I know that lots of members here will deprecate the idea, but I'm sure that an American GT would be more exciting and competitive than Vuelta. It would be better from business point of view, as well. For example, I won't be able to follow entire Vuelta in live coverage, but I can follow races from America with pleasure.
Cycling coverage before sleeping feels just right.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cooke caught by another small group or riders, Sagan in it.

Edit: Sagan, Bennett, Leal, Jones, Cooke, Jacques-Maynes, Zirbel. 10 seconds.

Was pretty funny to see Froome get dropped BTW. :D

PeteTheSpinner said:
Sagan did it very well, but the tv realization is still inexperienced.

yup, very inexperienced i would say, showing helicopter pictures when riders are hidden under the trees, then again helicopter in the finish line, which made it pretty clear that everybody knew already, by pictures from the finish line would make it a little bit more unclear how sagan is doing against avarmeat, in this matter I think ToC is much better, also thanks to ASO I guess