• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 308 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh Januss said:
Kinda hard to picture him making the effort to read anything.......a lot.:rolleyes:

One could also question his comprehension skills... he may have taken the GED, did he take the SAT? I'd be curious to see his lifetime reading list...

The Clinic... Le Equipe... Ferrari training notes... How to win friends and Influence People... The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe... Absolute Mastery of 140 Characters, etc.

For the truly brave... imagine the maelstrom inside the mind of a sociopath as he considers the content... enraged? Random psychotic episodes (TDF).

Might be pretty scary to the rational. Kinda explains Sheryl's departure.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
Yeah, I have no idea who he could be referring to. Levi, George, Christian? They're not dopers, they've never failed a test.

But according to Pat, they have confessed to doping. Wait, I thought UCI knows nothing about what's in USADA's file because USADA won't tell them? I'm a little confused.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
One could also question his comprehension skills... he may have taken the GED, did he take the SAT? I'd be curious to see his lifetime reading list...

The Clinic... Le Equipe... Ferrari training notes... How to win friends and Influence People... The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe... Absolute Mastery of 140 Characters, etc.

For the truly brave... imagine the maelstrom inside the mind of a sociopath as he considers the content... enraged? Random psychotic episodes (TDF).

Might be pretty scary to the rational. Kinda explains Sheryl's departure.

Sorry, but there's no way he ever read Poe. I agree with the rest of your post.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Given the nature of the work I do, there are two things that greatly assist in litigation;

1) deeper pockets and wear everyone down, or
2) let it grow some whiskers, preferably a full beard. The full beard takes deep pockets, but is remarkably successful.

Aye, Laddy, you make two interesting points. Many here do not seem to have experience with the work, and appear to rely on wish lists. Quite a convoluted batch of filings the last month. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

My main thoughts regarding all of this is that there must be a change at UCI - from the top.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
He reads these pages a lot. Daily.

I hate to make yet another damn post about you making stuff up, but could you possibly provide any credible info on why you have privileged information as which websites LA reads?

Never mind. You cant.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
I hate to make yet another damn post about you making stuff up, but could you possibly provide any credible info on why you have privileged information as which websites LA reads?

Never mind. You cant.

There was an interview with Sheryl Crow back in the day where she said Lance obsessively checked the cycling websites. I'm pretty sure she mentioned Cyclingnews and something like "the Peloton", which seemed to refer to the Daily Peloton (it was a lot more popular back then because of it's message board).

ChewbaccaD said:
I don't know if, for the purposes of their statute, that is the case. Because the USADA is saying that it was already taking action when the UCI told them to, which is their right. I don't know that saying "hey, look into that" constitutes action sufficient to proclaim at the end of a process in which you took no part, "hey, we started ****ing this cat first" anyway. Because that is NOT how "The Code confers results management authority on the ADO “which discovered theviolation,” not on the ADO which discovered the first shred of evidence that led to an investigation which then led to the discovery of violations." reads to me. That being the case, I don't think it looks very good to have been provided evidence sufficient to prosecute Armstrong, and to have nor really partaken in ANYTHING resembling action against him. Because they are asserting that they uncovered the doping if they are using that part of the code, and if they uncovered it, they sure didn't take any action.

If all they uncovered was a suggestion that something happened, and they said "look into it" then by their own rules, that is NOT sufficient to give them jurisdiction.

I think you missed a chunk of posts covering this, along with references to the Howman letter that have already been discussed prior to it being shown captured as part of USADA's submission. The initial evidence the UCI is referring to is the set of Landis emails sent to USAC which forwarded to the UCI. We all know how the UCI treated those emails. An incongruity that has been pointed out by other posters is that on one hand the UCI was quite clear in classifying the content of the Landis emails as worthless (i.e. "non-evidence"???) while now claiming that the emails did constitute the initial shred of evidence.

Subsequently, Bock has stated that if the UCI is counting the Landis emails via USAC as the initial shred of evidence then they are screwed anyhow, since they claim part of their evidence is based on information from person(s) given to them on the same topic predating Landis' emails to Steve Johnson / USAC.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
I wonder if ASO is bound to the outcome of all this. They might not want to re-write the results....maybe just an asterisk?

Anyone know?

USADA cant take his wins for years he was found to be doping during arbitration if he is rendered guilty.

Epicycle said:
There was an interview with Sheryl Crow back in the day where she said Lance obsessively checked the cycling websites. I'm pretty sure she mentioned Cyclingnews and something like "the Peloton", which seemed to refer to the Daily Peloton (it was a lot more popular back then because of it's message board).

CalJoe doesn't like to let a lot of facts get in the way of his clever put downs of Lance hater (read: the enemy) posters. He prefers it if he can just blast away without being held up to any basis for his blather. Although TBF hoggie is a soft target.;)

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Epicycle said:

I thought that he read anything and everything that mentions him!

Booknoise: You moved to Spain to follow Armstrong and write about his season. What surprised you most about him?

Coyle: How much control he liked to have, over everything. He called every shot—not just with the bike, but with what backroad-route the training ride was going to follow, what brand coffee was on the team bus. You name it, he controlled it.

Most world-class athletes and businessmen—and Armstrong is both, to the nth degree – insulate themselves from the mundane details of their lives so they can focus on their jobs. Armstrong does the opposite. He removes all the insulators. If you were to diagram his world, it would look like a galaxy, with Lance in the middle and a dozen or so people in orbit around him, sending a constant stream of messages and questions. They actually call it Planet Lance. Some people believe he doesn’t trust anybody to do be his filter, which is partly true. But the larger truth is that Armstrong likes it. He thrives on the constant interaction, all these questions and answers constantly flying back and forth, and nobody really knows what’s going on except for him. It’s not about the bike—it’s about the information.

The last time I saw Armstrong, he’d just gotten a news-alert service on his BlackBerry that beeped whenever it located a news article with his name in it. The thing was buzzing every couple minutes. And he looked at it every time.

http://www.booknoise.net/armstrong/qanda.html

Cal_Joe said:
I hate to make yet another damn post about you...

Hugh Januss said:
CalJoe doesn't like to let a lot of facts get in the way of his clever put downs of Lance hater (read: the enemy) posters..

He couldn't even be bothered reading THE VERY NEXT POST before indulging in a "clever put down" - not!

Epicycle said:
Yeah I remember Sheryl Crow talking about how obsessive he was checking all the different cycling websites.

I have no doubt whatsoever Lance and his henchmen are feverishly reading the Clinic and other cycling forums, various twitter feeds (@nyvelocity seems to have been hacked with 16000 spurious "followers" this morning) etc. Hell he's even following Anna Zimmerman. There is more analysis going on here and there than in his assassins lair.

I wouldn't be surprised if Judge Sparks intern is also keeping a weather eye on Clinic gossip and RRs twitter

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a single ball *** with nary a query,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of Ferrari gently rapping, rapping at the yellow door.
`'Tis some rest day racer,' He muttered, `tapping at the cadence door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

'Huatacam' kept repeating, upon my heart's chamber door.

Sir Pantani.

Nevermore.

Criminal within my Crimson & Collusion.

Make me Spark, he merely queeried, tap, tap tapping. At my chambers door.

'A Gift?'

Murder. I say.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
As Scott said, post of the year!

Those letters are maddening to read. At first I was surprised (a bit) by how openly corrupt the UCI and Pat have become, but these letters were just torturous, ludicrous.

that's the baffeling part indeed.
the uncritical media, press and sponsors have allowed them to become like this.
it's not like it wasn't there for everybody to see.

Kennf1 said:
But according to Pat, they have confessed to doping. Wait, I thought UCI knows nothing about what's in USADA's file because USADA won't tell them? I'm a little confused.

Of the documents released, it seems actionable information has passed from USADA to the UCI/USAC where exactly nothing has been done by the UCI. (see Landis)

Right now, USADA has more than they have ever passed to the UCI and are in complete control of the process. The UCI is literally locked out of everything pretty much until these cases inevitably passes to CAS.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Holy crap, Marie!

Frank_Barone_MOCK__17297_std.png

Now, I wonder if it could be proven that these are McQuaid / BPC's posts? It would not be hard to do. Compare IP addresses to that of a Pat Mcquaid email (Floyd could help wit 'dat).

Perhaps "BPC" said some things that could be damaging to their overall case / IE contradicts other statements, etc. That would be friggin GOLD. Just proving that McQuaid was a juvenile tool would be a tremendous victory in and of itself.

I suspect the poster 'StrayDog' to be a McQ or close to the McQs.

He vitriol of Kimmage is unreal coupled with his love Armstrong.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
it seems to me that the hypothesis that LA has only Hein in his pocket, and that Pat is merely Hein's sockpuppet, can be thrown out the door now.
Pat seems to have acted pretty much on his own in these last two letters, and seems pretty desperate.
Apparently Lance also has some goodies on Pat, not just on Hein.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Pat is Irish. He does not speak Jim Beam. He speaks Bushmills.

For the record, Pat is now a sub species of human that when it runs a sporting federation is Swisscorruptbankland loses any of the good traits of the human, like morailty and a sense of fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.