• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 409 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
In the letter, which was also provided to the Statesman, Herman said: “You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong’s reasons for not

requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable.”:eek:

FEH! I feel almost like we've been bamboozled here. I want the evidence :(

thehog said:
In the letter, which was also provided to the Statesman, Herman said: “You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong’s reasons for not

requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable.”:eek:

Once the sanction has been imposed, USADA should provide the evidence to the UCI, as requested. Then it will be leaked, for sure.

And I'm not too stupid to think that this is over. Now Lance is going to try do everything he can to try to get the UCI to let him keep his TdF wins.

And Lance is going to have to pay some serious hush money to the contesting guys! I love it!

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow the ball is now firmly in USADAs court. Lance not only dared them to spill the beans but spat in there face. USADA needs to release evidence in the face of this IMHO

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
i called it right. he refused arbitration and said the USADA process is illegitimate. It's now down to organizations and riders to either recognize him as the legitimate winner or not. and as fans we have to make a judgment about whether the victories were rightfully his or not.

I am not so certain that the USADA is not the right organization to decide his legitimacy.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
PosterBill said:
Wow the ball is now firmly in USADAs court. Lance not only dared them to spill the beans but spat in there face. USADA needs to release evidence in the face of this IMHO

They can't. The judge specifically told them not to do it. That would cause a huge problem for the whole thing if they do.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
robow7 said:
So do all the dirty secrets and testimony still become public??

In their final letter on the matter, the USADA can reveal any of the evidence against him that they want. I suspect that because of the tack Armstrong has taken, we will get to hear much of the case against him. Should do much to dispel the drivel he just spewed.

Says he will never broach the topic again. I am sure he will have the topic broached with him from time to time.

Biggest fraud in sporting history.

A

Anonymous

The title of the article on CN is little bit misleading. USADA is handling the issues with LA and can handle him a lifetime ban, but can it strip him of TDF titles? Doesn't ASO do that, and will it?

What is going to be with his triathlon, will they ban him as well?

This is huge news, I always enjoy when bad guys get what they deserve(I guess LA's actions speak about the relevance of the USADA's evidence).

Anyway, I'm amazed with USADA's determination and persistance - I wish I could say the same for all other parties involved in cycling :/

EDIT: The title of the article has been changed. I guess CN staff got excited by the news, as all of us, so they went few steps ahead. :)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The Dark Lord ‏@Lord_Voldemort7
Lance Armstrong stopped fighting the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency & will have his 7 Tour de France medals stripped. They destroyed his horcruxes!

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh man.

Think Lance's statement is good actually. If I was a staunch supporter only interested in one side of the story, I would swallow that **** raw. I'll do a litmus test on my father in a weeks time or so to see how it played out on an extremely casual(normally blind) cycling fan.

So this was extremely unsatisfactory. Please, please, please, all the evidence must leak out.

Only thing consoling me now is Tyler's book. It better be good.

ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
Breaking:

Lance Armstrong abandons fight against doping charges. Will be stripped of Tour de France titles and banned for life. Story to follow.

Ding **** the witch is dead, which old witch, the wicked witch.

Next thing he needs to do:Call Greg Lemond & APOLOGISE.

Lance, been waiting over a decade to tell you this: Goodbye Cheater! Youre a huge.fraud &a phoney & I for one am ashamed of you for ruining the sport I loved.

F:&+k You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS