• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 411 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2011
cqmanager.net
Kender said:
if he's banned by USASA he can't compete in WTC events

I may be wrong but I think he may be allowed to race the age groups. I think only the "Pro" race is a WTC sanctioned race. The remaining 2800 Ironman hopefuls can dope all they want. I dont think there are any rules to the 40-45 age group :eek:

bh0wbc.png

:D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
I made a word puzzle to pass the time.

3589v5t.jpg
Hilarious!

I spotted the hidden word (very apropos too Doc) - WIN.

So one of the most self-centred, arrogant, serial litigants is going to cease the fight against USADA because it is hard on his family? There's a laugh.

Hey Juan, lying to parents of dying children is hard on families too.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a perfect farce, really. Lance will be "banned", but neither USAC or the UCI will raise a finger. Again, they're playing Jedi Mind Tricks and assuming that everyone will just forget this summer ever happened.

There is one Gem awaiting us:

Johan opted for arbitration. So we DO get to see the evidence.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
My suspicion, and I've been wrong...is that they will pursue this legal fight up until the time that a court tells them they must arbitrate under USADA rules (unless somehow they win a court battle before that, which would surprise me). When it reaches the time where they must arbitrate or accept the penalty, my suspicion is that they'll decry the "unjust nature of the process" that "stomps on Constitutional rights," and walk away - still claiming to be clean and still claiming that the process simply wouldn't give them an opportunity to demonstrate that. And an ever-shrinking segment of the population will believe that.

A couple months later, a new triathlon series will be announced with Livestrong as a primary sponsor...

...We now only need await the announcement of the triathlon series.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering how quickly news oulets would pick this up - it spread really fricking fast in the US. Even my small town rag has a blurb. By 10:02 it already had 2 lance hater comments.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
But is he right that the riders and teams still believe he was the rightful winner?
Did he ask them? Of course not he made that up.
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
there is quite a good case here. the riders appear to back him,
Who backs him?
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
his peers support him,
Who supports him?
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
and the UCI does not recognize the ban.
They will have little choice.
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
there is a lot to work with here.
No, there's not.

ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
for me it changes little.
That makes sense......
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
if you don't believe he is the rightful winner this doesn't change. nor does it change if you believe he is the winner. our individual opinions are not determined by a technical decision.
He just got stripped of all his results since August 1998 - because he doped and was a fraud.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
So here we are. The worst outcome, as feared by me. §hit, i wish i was wrong:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
The big Q now is, will he accept the ban or go for a public hearing?

My fear is, he will accept the ban, and all evidence is hidden forever.
In this case, can USADA strip him at least of his 7 TdF titles?

If it was asked before, sorry. But with 900 pages, it is difficult to keep an overview...

Then RR gave a little hope:
Race Radio said:
Yes, they can and will air it

But now, it´s said USADA can´t air the evidence. And UCI, of course, won´t strip him.

All we have now is that LA can´t compete in obscure Triathlons at age 40+. What a great "win". :mad:

Guys, we lost. Game over... :eek:

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
But is he right that the riders and teams still believe he was the rightful winner?

Omerta. Renshaw quoted as riding training rides within the past few months with lance, 1-to-1. Young riders looking up to him still, some quoted a few weeks ago as of having said they think dredging all this up is just tarnishing the sport further...[G. Thomas]... so don't want the problem solved (if they think or know of one existing), they just want to get on with what they're doing by the sounds of things. But then are they doing this out of self preservation?? Some of them? Or ignormance? Or because, like JV, they think progess has already started?

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Did he ask them? Of course not he made that up.
Who backs him? Who supports him?They will have little choice. No, there's not.

That makes sense......
He just got stripped of all his results since August 1998 - because he doped and was a fraud.

what is your view on whether the riders he rode with believe he was the legitimate winner? or for that matter whether even people like hamiliton believe it? from his tv interview tyler appeared to have a lot of respect for armstrong's achievements even though he doesn't like the person. what's your take?

What basis will Armstrong have in U.S. courts to sue for sanctioning him? He gave up his opportunity to arbitrate.

Will he rely on the UCI or something international?

It seems to me that by threatening to sue, he is forcing the USADA to publish a detailed, evidence backed judgement.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Ding **** the witch is dead, which old witch, the wicked witch.

Next thing he needs to do:Call Greg Lemond & APOLOGISE.

Lance, been waiting over a decade to tell you this: Goodbye Cheater! Youre a huge.fraud &a phoney & I for one am ashamed of you for ruining the sport I loved.

F:&+k You!

You seriously think Greg Lemond wasnt doped to the gills as well? Now Lance and Greg can both talk on equal terms. Lemond was and always will be a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS