• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 413 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I don´t wanna disturb the party, but wasn´t it a pyrrhic victory?

The UCI will not strip him of his titles.
The evidence will not be aired.

So what did we gain?? :confused:

As Johan fights his own case, the evidence will be aired.

May 25, 2011
Visit site
FitSsikS said:
Hey when you look at like that...it's still a record:

7 TDF.....DQs. :p

That's in fact more than twice as many TdF DQs as all the other winners combined.

Somebody asked about the ASO. My understanding is it's up to them to decide who's a TdF winner and who's not. Will they strip him or not? Does anybody know? Reasons why or why not?

Darn. I was hoping he would still fight it, and just go down that way, but it's ok. Strip him of his TDF titles, the 2003 dauphine and the 2001 and whatever else he cheated and paid the UCI huge amounts in. Whatever the organizers, UCI, WADA, USADA, IOC, etc do with the the placings after stripping him of his titles is their business, i wouldn't mind seeing guys like Ullrich and Basso (as hypocritical as that sounds), but I would also be content with vacating those titles and stage results. Hopefully this ends or at leas brings a bit of closure to that era and we can move on just a little bit. This guy has really turned out to be a joke. Good riddance Lance, let the door hit you on the way out, you lying cheat!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wonderboy is gonna lose all 7 TdF titles!! My joy is indescribable!!

The biggest shame is now the evidence USADA has will never be public. I was hoping to see Hincapie giving it to LA right up the a$$!!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I don´t wanna disturb the party, but wasn´t it a pyrrhic victory?

The UCI will not strip him of his titles.
The evidence will not be aired.

So what did we gain?? :confused:

Gained one night of drinking beer and celebration. After that, the clinic is going to shut down permanently now that all the other cyclists are clean...uhmmm...errrrr;)

AussieGoddess said:
The statement from Lance, and the letter to Bill Bockman are completely contradictory.

Lance says 'I am too tired to fight"

His lawyers say "we arent going to arbitration - but you dont have the jurisdiction to sanction him"

They are not accepting the bans. Not by a long shot.

So Armstrong is claiming that he could not go to arbitration because the UCI ordered everyone in cycling not to participate in the process. Yet McQuaid said the UCI accepts the judge's decision.

This will continue on but Armstrong looks to be at a large disadvantage since he opted out of the process. I wonder if at some future time he will be demanding arbitration, saying he wanted to earlier but the UCI forbade it.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh my, where to start. I guess I'm just sick after reading Armstrong's drivel. He's not going to fight! Are you &$@@@ing me??! He just spent how much time in court trying to block the USADA. After he loses, he says that he's not going to fight. What a piece of &$@t. How can he sell such crap to the millions of people who support him? He makes them look like such $&&@$les.

Coward. Hypocrite. Many more come to mind.

Turner29 said:
Greg did whatever everyone else did at that time. Also, since EPO was available in 1989, this does not exclude Lemond.

So what happened in 91-? He decided to race clean? No, GL showed GT talent at a very early age. That can't be said of the EPO generation of cyclists. Try again.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So Armstrong is claiming that he could not go to arbitration because the UCI ordered everyone in cycling not to participate in the process. Yet McQuaid said the UCI accepts the judge's decision.

This will continue on but Armstrong looks to be at a large disadvantage since he opted out of the process. I wonder if at some future time he will be demanding arbitration, saying he wanted to earlier but the UCI forbade it.

The UCI has flip-flopped regarding Armstrong several time, but my recollection also was the McQuaid said the UCI supports USADA jurisdiction.

WOW- just watched my local News and is Official:

Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven TDF Titles!!!!!!!!:eek:

tumblr_lkk8pflVj21qzvnllo1_500.gif

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
To be fair, Greg was pre-EPO era in cycling. Unless you believe he had access to EPO or other PEDS before the rest of the peloton, it's hard to think he had an unfair advantage.

LeMond might be an ***, but he was an incredibly talented, gifted, hardworking ***.

Wow, change LeMond to Armstrong and you are describing the same person! Imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.