• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Username

This is hard baked into the system. If you want a new user name you will need to reregister.

If you want to re-register you must let admin know as technically you are not permitted to have more than one active account.

Does this make sense?

Terry
Admin

180mmCrank said:
This is hard baked into the system. If you want a new user name you will need to reregister.

If you want to re-register you must let admin know as technically you are not permitted to have more than one active account.

Does this make sense?

Terry
Admin

not really. if i am still the same user,it might be better to just be able to change it, rather than jumping through hoops. although if i changed it to realslow or something, no one would know my past persona. small matter,though.

usedtobefast said:
not really. if i am still the same user,it might be better to just be able to change it, rather than jumping through hoops. although if i changed it to realslow or something, no one would know my past persona. small matter,though.

Not sure that more explanation is needed but just in case. It is not within the functionality of the software to allow users to change their username. The username is the unique identifier that by definition identifies you.

This all feels a bit Descartes "I think therefore I am" but it is what it is. :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
zamasailo said:
Can the software be change? :D

Its not the software but the database. All it take is one simple SQL Update command and bam, new username. Your username is still associated with a unique user ID number which can't change. Why they can't can't or won't let you change your username? Because then people would have a hard time associating people since their name would always change. If the username database was ever corrupted we'd all end up being numbers for names.

I sometimes get confused when people change their avatar to the same one somebody else already has but luckily the names never change.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Martin318is said:
I am going to delete those last few posts.

It would be a great idea for all concerned if that point is not raised again

Pretty strange decision. Isn't that a bit totalitarian? What is so horrible about a certain person having an apparent preference for a little something something? It's not like any us were going to diss him/her about it. It was a humorous gem. But heck, now I feel like I'm part of an elite.

This subject will not be raised again! Sir, yes sir!

:eek:

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Since it was all deleted and a mod told everyone not to discuss it, you don't really expect anyone to answer that question publicly, do you?

Susan

Atleast the summary, i kinda expect.:p

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Out and In

Susan Westemeyer said:
Since it was all deleted and a mod told everyone not to discuss it, you don't really expect anyone to answer that question publicly, do you?

Susan

Thus are we condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past. Classic Catch 22.

I checked out of the CN forum some time back because I felt I was wasting too much time, AND I was not anonymous (sp?) enough. I came back with a new user name and am a better person for it. Did't know I was supposed to tell anyone that though. Hoo Noo?

zamasailo said:
Atleast the summary, i kinda expect.:p

I think I could tell you, being very vague, and just using terms such as "one poster said something was funny, another agreed" etc, certainatly not mentioning what or who was part of the discussion, but its just nor worth the attempt.

agree with boomcie though.

rickshaw said:
Thus are we condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past. Classic Catch 22.

I checked out of the CN forum some time back because I felt I was wasting too much time, AND I was not anonymous (sp?) enough. I came back with a new user name and am a better person for it. Did't know I was supposed to tell anyone that though. Hoo Noo?

Your JV arent you;)