• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Username

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Quite right

Susan Westemeyer said:
The deleted posts dealt with sexual innuendos, which are out of place in this forum.

Susan

"When constabulary duty's to be done, to be done,
A policeman's lot is not a happy one, happy one."

G&S

A

Anonymous

zamasailo said:
Can the software be change? :D

yes, the software can be (and frankly should be) updated. This is a pretty old version they are running now. (they are running vbulletin 3.8.. version 4 has been out for absolutely ages, late in 2009 if i remember, nearly 2 years ago)

But, it costs a couple of hundred quid to buy the new version, they would need to put something like skimwords on the forum to pay for it.

I assume their opinion is, if it aint broke..

Zam_Olyas said:
btw this is me :D

Sock puppet!

TeamSkyFans said:
But, it costs a couple of hundred quid to buy the new version, they would need to put something like skimwords on the forum to pay for it.

I assume their opinion is, if it aint broke..

I think it's more having someone there to do it. All development time is probably spent on the main site, but forums need development too :(

Zam_Olyas said:
I am the new me, because of high cadence :]

and weight loss :p

on the general subject: this forum is overall good but could use some improvements no doubt about that, stuff like being able to use .gif avatars, having pics as signatures( don't know if you can actually do that here already :eek:) and being able to personalize your rank instead of just senior member and such would be pretty cool, also we should be allowed to change our user names at least once ofc this last 2 should only be done by mods as per request imo

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
timothy the great is a much more appropiate user name for myself I feel ;)

They usually give The great to people who invade and pillage other countries but i dont think they George Bush will ever be called George the Great lol :D ..so timmy go and invade ACF's room and smash up his bike{if he have one :p}

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
They usually give The great to people who invade and pillage other countries but i dont think they George Bush will ever be called George the Great lol :D ..so timmy go and invade ACF's room and smash up his bike{if he have one :p}

to be fair I've invaded the hearts of so many forum members here, that is undeniable. :cool: