• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vacation/Holiday Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
man, that sounds like fun. Driving large machinery, setting things on fire. All you need is some pork, guns and fireworks to make it the perfect weekend.

Yeah Pork goes well with everything. Your base of knowledge outside of the clinic is amazing Radio! Are you going to visit Juan Pelota's for some of Tommie D's cafe?

Since we did not eat there on my property it was just Pork Skinz and Slim Jimz.
My cousins provided the weapons. They have all these eggzotic weapons such as the sawzawed shotgun and assault rifles. They decided to shoot up the trailer before I covered it up with dirt.
Fireworks is not a good option for them because they always end up trying crazy shenanigans with them. For example the annoose bottle rocket or the fist-full of M80's. All things done will holding a beer in the other hand.

My aunt who is 87 this year came over and told me the trailer fire was not such a good idea either because there was not enough old tires in the fire. Age has such good experience! We thanked her for the advice and took the tires off the old Ford Futura we had sitting there and put them in the fire.

good times had by all.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
:mad: Wow ... some exotic places in amongst all of that.

I live at the beach so this years holiday is to Geelong in Victoria for the World Road Champs with wife and 2yo daughter. Take the bikes and have a cruisy time of it.

Ideal holiday would be the Whitsunday Islands off the coast of my fair country to relive the honeymoon.

Great spot .... relatively cheap for us cash strapped Aussies and good climate.

But dream holiday would be to sit half way up Ventoux on the Trek watching the "circus" go by.

:eek::cool::eek:

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
I don't know what this "kama sutra" is that you speak of. I'm just a poor simple country boy from Texas. I run trotlines and skin bucks. Got my own smoke, too. I'm still ****ed about my buddy in NYC that got killed for $43. Even so I never did like that *** for calling me "hillbilly".

For $43 dollars, your friend lost his life? Well, I think it would be entirely appropriate if you would spit some Beechnut in that dudes eyes, and shoot him with your old 45.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I'm lucky I'll get to Bali or Thailand some time this year. Dunno yet whether time & money will allow.

I live on the beach too. And it's summer now, so not a bad place to be. Apart from those pesky tourists. School goes back next week, so there will be less of them. Yay.

But I love to visit new places and different cultures. I really love having my ideas of 'normal' turned upside down. It's part of the reason I love SE Asia so much. That and the climate, food, people ...

Some of you guys have a lot of vacations/travel planned. Lucky *******s!

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Then open a song lyrics thread. And, yes, I do recognize the song.

Susan

Part of what makes correspondence fun is conversing freely and in response to another's post. I can understand getting tweaked by someone bringing up Armstrong in every thread, or just blatantly disregarding topic over and over, but this was just harmless banter between two people who post here a lot. Not sure why there is a reason to get so worked up over it? It isn't like I was trying to derail the thread and make it a Hank Williams Jr thread. I was just joking around...

Susan Westemeyer said:
Seems to me you are more worked up about it than I am.

Susan

Then why the need for a somewhat condescending warning a few posts back? Kind of like yesterday when Bala temporarily closed a thread so that everyone could "cool off" just after they had cooled off all on their own.
Sometimes it seems like the most blatant trolling is allowed to go on and on while other times relatively harmless banter is adjudicated with an iron fist.
Not saying that was the case here, just off on a rant now!
Carry on.:D

How on earth is "Let#s get back on topic, please" condescending?

Believe me folks, I would much rather have stayed on vacation than come back to this kind of ****. Being a mod here was not my idea, nor is it particularly fun.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Do you wonder why I react the way I do sometimes?

Sorry, this has all rubbed me the wrong way. Do what you want in my vacation thread, I no longer care.

Susan

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Next week I will travel to the Crescent City for a small party,,,,, if things go our way,,,,,,,,,, it will kick off Mardi Gras in a major way.

It is no Phukett / Pattaya / Bangkok Thailand or even the Nile. It does however have a large river beside it and some very “interesting” goings on during the evening and nighttime hours.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I'm going to Los Angeles for a few days. Going to stock up at Trader Joe's on things that difficult to find here. couscous,wild rice,oyster sauce, and the list goes on. Probably pick up a new laptop while I'm at it.

A

Anonymous

can you lot all shut up and stop derailing threads... blimey.. bunch of children... :p

we are just waiting for eurostar tickets to be available now, cant buy them till march... grrrrr

Susan Westemeyer said:
How on earth is "Let#s get back on topic, please" condescending?

Believe me folks, I would much rather have stayed on vacation than come back to this kind of ****. Being a mod here was not my idea, nor is it particularly fun.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Do you wonder why I react the way I do sometimes?

Sorry, this has all rubbed me the wrong way. Do what you want in my vacation thread, I no longer care.

Susan

it's ok. we all still love you. in an anonymous, internet forum kind of way. my life is...a vacation:)

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I’m hoping to take a 2-week tour of the National parks in the SW USA complete with road bikes (substituting for driving through the parks, when possible).

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I just said I run my trotlines and got my own smoke, too. Then, 2 pages of flames result.

Is skinning bucks this controversial?

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Hey, I just said I run my trotlines and got my own smoke, too. Then, 2 pages of flames result.

not sure, seems like you and the Bro Deal started some trouble.

hey very nice avatar you have!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of Tofino at the end of March. The lads want to surf, but that sounds like a day spent in 1 degree water to me. I'll ride by the beach and wave at their soggy arses. Also thinking of the Montreal Jazz Festival in June, dropping off the kids w/ inlaws en route. Great city, great music, never been there during the fest tho. Susan, I'll second the request for Nile pics on the photos thread if you got 'em. And maybe the Oregon Coast in July, trading shifts with the missus, one driving with the kids, one on the bike. Yeah, I need to get away.

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:

Hey man, I say grace and I say ma'am, and if they ain't into that, I don't give a damn.