• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vacation/Holiday Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
not sure, seems like you and the Bro Deal started some trouble.

hey very nice avatar you have!

Bro Deal is ok, even though he is wrong about the JFK assassination.

Thanks about the avatar. I have already gotten PM's complaining about replacing Megan Fox with Chaka. I will need to sleep on this and decide if I should bring back Megan, keep Chaka, or bring by my original avatar:

48ea4cac300bd3.62577383frogview-gallery.jpg

What do you think I should do? I'm torn up with indecision.

ChrisE said:

Thanks about the avatar. I have already gotten PM's complaining about replacing Megan Fox with Chaka. I will need to sleep on this and decide if I should bring back Megan, keep Chaka, or bring by my original avatar:

I would go back to that one. Amy Winehouse, isn't it?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually going on vacation next week. The wife and I are going to the Maldives, we go there every year on the anniversary of our honeymoon to keep the marriage spiced up. Then in July couple stages of the TDF, big family vacation in august and Vuelta in September.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:

:eek:Wow! You could probably start a new thread entitled Orcs on Bikes with that one!

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
:) My wife and I are planning to travel around Ireland next year for 3 weeks. We will be driving, staying in hotels and nice b& bs.Ireland is a grand place to live, the only thing is, things can be quite expensive. After that it's great. Northern Ireland is beautiful. the country side and its' people are great. The West is spectacular, the mountains and views are out of this world, even when it rains. The South is just as great, In Co. Clare, a place called the Burren is there. It is a unique place, it looks like alot of limestone and flora and fauna is unique also.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Not my main holiday, but I'm aiming for a couple of days in Reims in July....and also hope to ride my bike from the Dutch Quarter of Colchester to Amsterdam (via the ferry, I can't swim that well) sometime in late spring/early summer for the teenage cancer trust.

Anyone on here ridden from Hook of Holland to Amsterdam and got any tips for a stopover? We're going to take it easy and just do about 40 miles a day on the cycle paths, nothing too strenuous.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Egypt, now off to the States, this writing for cyclingnews is turning into quite the lucrative gig :p

As for me, I hope to take a vacation this year (well I have the last 7 or 8 months off work), but I would rather a new bike.

I have now added a week in Barbados at the end of September for my 27th. Even though my birthday is not for a further two weeks after I get back.

Still undecided on Amsterdam or Rotterdam for the prologues, however and I won't be going to Silverstone for the Moto GP as I will not be allowed those dates off.