• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vacuum Cleaners

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey Elf I'm moving this up for reference. IMO there really isn't such thing as pet hair specific, it just comes down to suction (power/filter/flow/hose routing...). After owning a cordless, I will never own one with a cord again!
Not sure Elf will reply seeing as I don't see a post from him/her in this thread, but just to keep this hot topic rolling (cause I know we share a mutual passion for vacuum cleaners, jmd)...

Not too long ago I had purchased the cordless Shark Rechargeable Sweeper, with my first one disaster had struck less than one week of ownership. Picture this...

As I was vacuuming under some reclining chairs the sweeper was trying to pick up some stray batteries (I didn't know they were there), the motor promptly fried. I didn't have the receipt, but luckily Shark was nice about it when I had called them, they told me to mail them just the charger and they would send me a whole new sweeper for free. They even sent me a self-addressed stamped envelope so I didn't have to pay for shipping, I thought that was mega cool.

So now I'm on number two and making sure I'm not trying to vacuum batteries (I don't think any residential vacuum cleaner could handle that kind of load)... the sweeper is nice and light, and very maneuverable. However, it's merely okay on just some very basic dirt, it's not good with pet hair. The suction could be better and the battery doesn't last very long, but, what can you expect from a $50 sweeper?

What I'm most jazzed about is that it's cordless, like you, jmd, I can't see myself going back to corded vacuum cleaners again.

Not sure Elf will reply seeing as I don't see a post from him/her in this thread, but just to keep this hot topic rolling (cause I know we share a mutual passion for vacuum cleaners, jmd)...

Not too long ago I had purchased the cordless Shark Rechargeable Sweeper, with my first one disaster had struck less than one week of ownership. Picture this...

As I was vacuuming under some reclining chairs the sweeper was trying to pick up some stray batteries (I didn't know they were there), the motor promptly fried. I didn't have the receipt, but luckily Shark was nice about it when I had called them, they told me to mail them just the charger and they would send me a whole new sweeper for free. They even sent me a self-addressed stamped envelope so I didn't have to pay for shipping, I thought that was mega cool.

So now I'm on number two and making sure I'm not trying to vacuum batteries (I don't think any residential vacuum cleaner could handle that kind of load)... the sweeper is nice and light, and very maneuverable. However, it's merely okay on just some very basic dirt, it's not good with pet hair. The suction could be better and the battery doesn't last very long, but, what can you expect from a $50 sweeper?

What I'm most jazzed about is that it's cordless, like you, jmd, I can't see myself going back to corded vacuum cleaners again.
There was a post from Elf this morning asking about vacs, but it was their first post and had links to products so maybe they were just "looking for business". I moved this thread up for their reading pleasure. :D

There was a post from Elf this morning asking about vacs, but it was their first post and had links to products so maybe they were just "looking for business". I moved this thread up for their reading pleasure. :D
I saw that post previously and thought it was spam or some type of scam.

Then I saw this thread and actual people were conversing.

with reference to your previous post about power filter hose etc. along with the tricyle riders post about vacuuming batteries jogged my memory. I have a ridgid 4 gallon shop vac wet and dry. My wife asked me to do some vacuuming and I was using the regular vac and decided it did not have enough power to get the pet hair from away the baseboards. So I thought of a great idea use the ridgid , it worked but at the same time my wife had left her new dell laptop on the night stand and I thought while I am vacuuming why not clean the key board. OH NO. there went the keys!

Sadly it broke some of the keys off the laptop to where they would not reconnect.

ridgid is strong but, a little too strong for some applications.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...ERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-303395493-_-305174472-_-N

I saw that post previously and thought it was spam or some type of scam.

Then I saw this thread and actual people were conversing.

with reference to your previous post about power filter hose etc. along with the tricyle riders post about vacuuming batteries jogged my memory. I have a ridgid 4 gallon shop vac wet and dry. My wife asked me to do some vacuuming and I was using the regular vac and decided it did not have enough power to get the pet hair from away the baseboards. So I thought of a great idea use the ridgid , it worked but at the same time my wife had left her new dell laptop on the night stand and I thought while I am vacuuming why not clean the key board. OH NO. there went the keys!

Sadly it broke some of the keys off the laptop to where they would not reconnect.

ridgid is strong but, a little too strong for some applications.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...ERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-303395493-_-305174472-_-N
That was my initial reaction when jmd had first started this thread years ago, thought he was trying to sell me a vacuum cleaner. But nah, this thread is legit. It's a very exclusive club though, unless you have the gear you better not appear.

Speaking of gear...

I'm sure your wife forgave you for underestimating the power of your super-duper shopvac? You had the right thought and intention anyway, don't think anyone can fault you for that.

Reactions: Irondan
That was my initial reaction when jmd had first started this thread years ago, thought he was trying to sell me a vacuum cleaner. But nah, this thread is legit. It's a very exclusive club though, unless you have the gear you better not appear.

Speaking of gear...

I'm sure your wife forgave you for underestimating the power of your super-duper shopvac? You had the right thought and intention anyway, don't think anyone can fault you for that.
Wait what?! This doesn't sound like a sales pitch:
Any vacuum recommendation around the $200 range (I'd spend more if there was a compelling reason)? I've had a Shark Pro Lift Away for almost five years, it has worked well, but the hose was poorly designed, limiting its function. The poorly designed hose also turns out to be the weak link because it failed. I see that Shark has redesigned the hose so I'll consider another Shark. Any Shark Rocket users out there? I would like to go cordless, but haven't read too many favorable reviews of cordless vacs. Are Dyson vacs worth the money? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Wait what?! This doesn't sound like a sales pitch:
Any vacuum recommendation around the $200 range (I'd spend more if there was a compelling reason)? I've had a Shark Pro Lift Away for almost five years, it has worked well, but the hose was poorly designed, limiting its function. The poorly designed hose also turns out to be the weak link because it failed. I see that Shark has redesigned the hose so I'll consider another Shark. Any Shark Rocket users out there? I would like to go cordless, but haven't read too many favorable reviews of cordless vacs. Are Dyson vacs worth the money? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Well, it's a bit borderline-ish? :p I was thinking more of the title of your thread...

Did you notice the "chemical peel" thread yet? And in Toronto, no less.

I haven't reported it yet, but I'm pretty sure it's some awkwardly worded spam.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
So now I'm on variety and ensuring I'm not trying to vacuum batteries (I do not assume any residential vacuum cleaner ought to take care of that kind of load)... The sweeper is high-quality and light, and very maneuverable. However, You have to read some review before buy your ideal vacuum cleaner. And, if you have no idea about the reviews, then read the blog it is simply okay on just a few very primary dirt, it is no longer top with puppy hair. The suction can be better and the battery does not final very long, but, what are you able to expect from a $50 sweeper?

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
I know shark, it's a famous brand of vacuum cleaner, in addition to it, hoover and irobot are also very popular among people. To be honest, if we want to reduce the budget, we can choose MOOSOO and APOSEN, their products are more cheaper, I didn't know these two brands until the last two years.

Reactions: industrialvacuums

TRENDING THREADS