Van Garderen's future

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It more and more seems like HTC won't go on. Tony is said to have offers frm Astana and the Shack for example.

For van Garderen Radio Shack would be the logical team. He would surely like to be in an american team, and the team needs a new american face anyway.

May 27, 2010
BMC i think. BMC need good stage racers. He can also be good support for cadel and he can win his own races too.

It's no fun going for the obvious teams although logic does suggest he will head to.BMC or Radioshack but I'm going to say saxobank so if it happens I can gloat about my psychic powers.

May 19, 2011
BMC is an absolutely perfect fit for him, with Cadel as the captain he would definitely get advice from him as well as GC leadership in one GT and many week long races

Apr 9, 2011
veganrob said:
Cadel does't strike me as the mentoring type
Funny the 2 young riders Roe and Eijssen say he is - maybe a media BMC thing, he trains with Simon Clarke and Porte last year said Evans was an amazing help with info during the Giro.

if he doesn't stay at htc shack or bmc are prolly the ones most interested in him.

bmc has a evans approaching 35 and needs some1 to replace him in terms of GC. the shack has kloden, horner and bottle who are some of the older riders in the peloton but also has brajkovic and machado as possible GT GC leaders even tho they still need to prove themselves over 3 weeks.

my guess is bmc because their team lacks the depth in terms of gc that the shack has

Jun 28, 2009
I guess we should throw the other American team Garmin-Cervelo into the mix as well seeing as they have never won a major stage race and their GC threats are aging as well. In the end I see him at Radioshack (or Nissan-Trek or whatever it will be called) and I think that might be his best move seeing as every great American GC rider in the last 15 years (with the exception of Chris Horner) got their start there.

Nov 17, 2009
Clemson Cycling said:
I guess we should throw the other American team Garmin-Cervelo into the mix as well seeing as they have never won a major stage race and their GC threats are aging as well. In the end I see him at Radioshack (or Nissan-Trek or whatever it will be called) and I think that might be his best move seeing as every great American GC rider in the last 15 years (with the exception of Chris Horner) got their start there.
Garmin already has a crop of young American climbers with Talansky, Peterson and Stetina. They also have 25 year old Dan Martin, and guys on their development team like Lachlan Morton (3rd in Gila and 6th in Langkawi).

They have a pretty good spread of GC rider ages. VDV is 35, Danielson is 33, Le Mevel is 31, Hesjedal is 31, Martin is 25, Peterson is 25, Stetina is 24, Talansky is 23 and Morton is 19. They really aren't in need of young GC guys like BMC and Radioshack are.

Jun 28, 2009
Trek-Livestrong has Ian Boswell and Lawson Craddock on the way up as well and seem to do a good job building young talent. They just have to sign it which was not the case for Taylor Phinney.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pantani_lives Professional Road Racing 130

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS