• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vattenfall Cyclassics, Sunday 15. August 2010

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Homepage
http://www.vattenfall-cyclassics.de/home.2.en.html

prov. startlist :D
http://www.cyclingstartlists.com/

UCI ProTeams

Code Team Country
ALM AG2R LA MONDIALE FRA
AST ASTANA KAZ
GCE CAISSE D'EPARGNE ESP
EUS EUSKALTEL – EUSKADI ESP
FDJ FDJ FRA
FOT FOOTON-SERVETTO ESP
GRM GARMIN - TRANSITIONS USA
LAM LAMPRE-FARNESE VINI
ITA
LIQ LIQUIGAS-DOMINO ITA
OLO OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO
BEL
QST QUICK STEP BEL
RAB RABOBANK NED
SKY SKY PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM GBR
THR TEAM HTC - COLUMBIA USA
KAT TEAM KATUSHA RUS
MRM TEAM MILRAM GER
RSH TEAM RADIOSHACK USA
SAX TEAM SAXO BANK DEN

Wild Card-Teams
Code Team Country
SKS TEAM SKIL-SHIMANO NED
VAC VACANSOLEIL PRO CYCLING TEAM NED
BMC BMC RACING TEAM USA

Winner since 1996
1996 Rossano Brasi (ITA)
1997 Jan Ullrich (GER)
1998 Leon Van Bon (NED)
1999 Mirko Celestino (ITA)
2000 Gabriele Missaglia (ITA)
2001 Erik Zabel (GER)
2002 Johan Museeuw (BEL)
2003 Paolo Bettini (ITA)
2004 Stuart O’Grady (AUS)
2005 Filippo Pozzato (ITA)
2006 Oscar Freire (ESP)
2007 Alessandro Ballan (ITA)
2008 Robbie McEWEN (AUS)
2009 Tyler Farrar (USA)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
That should help a little

Cycling World Cup - Germany only with mini-team?

Eurosport - Di 10.Aug. Euro Sport - Tue 10 Aug. 11:37:00 2010 11:37:00 2010
The home race in Hamburg for the German-wheel aces also to fight for the "World Cup qualification. Less what the summons of the BDR for the championship is concerned - but the first time in years, Germany could not be allowed to stand with the maximum number of starters in Melbourne.

For the world rankings after the "Cyclassics" The basis for the award of the grid. Only the top ten national rankings may go with nine starters in the World Cup race....

http://translate.google.de/translat...rad-wm-deutschland-mini-team.html&sl=de&tl=en

Looks like if Greipel or another German finishes 4th or better and the Netherlands doesn't place anyone in the top 9, then Germany is in and the Dutch out. Of course Germany is likely to place more than one guy in the top 10. Who is racing for Neth who could get some points? Van Hummel? Anyone else?

Also, if Bozic races and gets some points, Luxembourg could be out of the top 10. Kazakhstan is not totally safe either. Should be interesting.

jaylew said:
Looks like if Greipel or another German finishes 4th or better and the Netherlands doesn't place anyone in the top 9, then Germany is in and the Dutch out. Of course Germany is likely to place more than one guy in the top 10. Who is racing for Neth who could get some points? Van Hummel? Anyone else?

Also, if Bozic races and gets some points, Luxembourg could be out of the top 10. Kazakhstan is not totally safe either. Should be interesting.
Uhm, if the Netherlands place 8th or higher they are in regardless ;)
Because then they pass Luxemburg (so from 10th to 9th), so even if Germany scores a **** load of points, the Netherlands will still be 10th at worst if they pass Luxemburg.

tgsgirl said:
You'd think "André" and "Greipel" would get to compete in the only German classic there is.

Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt raises an objection.

Much better race than Vattenfall too.

Mammolshain gets up to 26% and is climbed twice.

1.%2BMai%2B006.JPG

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt raises an objection.
Much better race than Vattenfall too.
Mammolshain gets up to 26% and is climbed twice.

Good point. The most well-known (best-known?) German classic then?

More that it's the one which will get the most big names, because of that pesky ProTour status. Wegmann's win in Frankfurt this year was one of my favourite rides of the season. Milram masterfully eliminated the Columbia riders from contention, got the selection, but found themselves stuck with much better sprinters; Wegmann took it home with a sprint from fully 500m out. And the reaction afterwards, such joy, such exuberance, you can't argue with somebody who is that excited by their win.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying Vattenfall is better, I'm saying it's better known. Probably thanks to that pesky ProTour status indeed. Vuelta a Burgos is a gazillion times better than Tour Down Under, but TDU is probably (sadly enough) better known.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Wegmann's win in Frankfurt this year was one of my favourite rides of the season. Milram masterfully eliminated the Columbia riders from contention, got the selection, but found themselves stuck with much better sprinters; Wegmann took it home with a sprint from fully 500m out. And the reaction afterwards, such joy, such exuberance, you can't argue with somebody who is that excited by their win.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Uhm, if the Netherlands place 8th or higher they are in regardless ;)
Because then they pass Luxemburg (so from 10th to 9th), so even if Germany scores a **** load of points, the Netherlands will still be 10th at worst if they pass Luxemburg.

I don't think I said anything that contradicted that. And actually, the Netherlands would jump to 8th in that scenario, provided Kazakhstan doesn't score points.

7th Switzerland 414
8th Kazakhstan 400
9th Luxembourg 398
10th Netherlands 393
11th Slovenia 385
12th Germany 355

Points on offer:
1st 80
2nd 60
3rd 50
4th 40
5th 30
6th 22
7th 14
8th 10
9th 6
10th 2

With so many points available several things could happen. It will be interesting to see the team lineups. Hopefully, Germany and the Netherlands both make it in. After all, Luxembourg can't field a full team and don't really have anyone that will factor in the race anyway. On second thought, maybe it might be better for the racing if Germany didn't make it. As far as I'm concerned, I want the teams who are working for a sprint finish to be as weak as possible. :p

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
More that it's the one which will get the most big names, because of that pesky ProTour status. Wegmann's win in Frankfurt this year was one of my favourite rides of the season. Milram masterfully eliminated the Columbia riders from contention, got the selection, but found themselves stuck with much better sprinters; Wegmann took it home with a sprint from fully 500m out. And the reaction afterwards, such joy, such exuberance, you can't argue with somebody who is that excited by their win.

This victory was obviously bought, but at the end Team Milram didn´t get a new sponsor anyway. :cool:

It was wrestling at its best and many people know it

TRENDING THREADS