Vattenfall Cyclassics...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
except you can;t compare them. Demare is more a pure sprinter like Cavendish than an all-rounder like Sagan.
Cavendish couldn't have won or finished this race in his first year with the pros.

Yet that doesn't make the statement of Demare being a pure sprinter any less true. Cavendish is/was just always woefully bad at going uphill, even for a pure sprinter.

Can't see Demare winning serious uphill sprints like Sagan did in his first year anyway

Jul 16, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yet that doesn't make the statement of Demare being a pure sprinter any less true. Cavendish is/was just always woefully bad at going uphill, even for a pure sprinter.

Can't see Demare winning serious uphill sprints like Sagan did in his first year anyway
But I can see Demare winning real classics. ;) Hence this will be competition for Sagan in the future.

I honestly don't give a damn about Sagan winning something uphill in a stage race. GTs or classics is what matters.

Apr 12, 2010
Magnus said:
Just turned on (Danish) Eurosport. Brian Holm was talking something about Cavendish having a flat with 12 km to go at the Olympic RR. Did anyone else hear that? I turned on in the middle of a sentence.
Cav had a slow puncture in the closing Km's as well as Boonen having to do a wheel change

"Cavendish, said the coach, finished the race with a slow puncture in his front wheel which meant the tyre was half-inflated and he was unable to sprint in his usual style: "It's not a given he would have won anyway but that's bike racing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/28/mark-cavendish-coach-criticise-teams?newsfeed=true

Jul 16, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The only classics I can see Demare winning in are San Remo, Gent Wevelgem, Paris Tours, etc, flat or nearly flat classics.
He's 20 years old, I can see him do well in the Northern classics if he desires to do so. He's got the engine and can climb a bit. He's also from Picardie if I remember correctly. Close enough to French Flanders.

Can't see him do anything in the Ardennes though, but we still have to see Sagan in LBL and FW anyway.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS