• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vattenfall Cyclassics...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yet that doesn't make the statement of Demare being a pure sprinter any less true. Cavendish is/was just always woefully bad at going uphill, even for a pure sprinter.

Can't see Demare winning serious uphill sprints like Sagan did in his first year anyway

But I can see Demare winning real classics. ;) Hence this will be competition for Sagan in the future.

I honestly don't give a damn about Sagan winning something uphill in a stage race. GTs or classics is what matters.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Magnus said:
Just turned on (Danish) Eurosport. Brian Holm was talking something about Cavendish having a flat with 12 km to go at the Olympic RR. Did anyone else hear that? I turned on in the middle of a sentence.

Cav had a slow puncture in the closing Km's as well as Boonen having to do a wheel change

"Cavendish, said the coach, finished the race with a slow puncture in his front wheel which meant the tyre was half-inflated and he was unable to sprint in his usual style: "It's not a given he would have won anyway but that's bike racing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/28/mark-cavendish-coach-criticise-teams?newsfeed=true

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The only classics I can see Demare winning in are San Remo, Gent Wevelgem, Paris Tours, etc, flat or nearly flat classics.

He's 20 years old, I can see him do well in the Northern classics if he desires to do so. He's got the engine and can climb a bit. He's also from Picardie if I remember correctly. Close enough to French Flanders.

Can't see him do anything in the Ardennes though, but we still have to see Sagan in LBL and FW anyway.

TRENDING THREADS