Vaughters hints he may have dabbled (in doping)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
anything BUT a full disclosure of firsthand doping.....is worth zilch. Skirting the premises, hinting, doing f all really, with anything approximating real knowledge of the shenanigans without a total katharsis is ****. JV knows. But, then again, he's american.
I, for one, wouldn't put it past him to sell his own momma given the right price.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
hektoren said:
anything BUT a full disclosure of firsthand doping.....is worth zilch. Skirting the premises, hinting, doing f all really, with anything approximating real knowledge of the shenanigans without a total katharsis is ****. JV knows. But, then again, he's american.
I, for one, wouldn't put it past him to sell his own momma given the right price.
Of course..... we know that all Americans are in the momma selling business. :rolleyes:
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
Race Radio said:
Of course..... we know that all Americans are in the momma selling business. :rolleyes:
Hey, listen, I'll give you a good deal on mine. Low maintenance, homemade food. PM me.
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
lean said:
i DON'T understand the hypersensitivity mods/admins have in the clinic regarding JV
I don't think there is any particular sensitivity towards JV as such - merely that most of the arguments brought up agressively in this thread have been stated over and over in several other pre-existing threads. So my early point was that if there was nothing new to add in this thread then why should it exist? It is exactly what we try to do with all other topics - not just public figures or whatever.

Its about keeping this place reasonably neat and tidy if possible - thats all.
 
Sep 14, 2010
212
0
0
Martin318is said:
So my early point was that if there was nothing new to add in this thread then why should it exist?
So would you say the same thing about the current article :p?
 
Jul 6, 2010
2,340
0
0
I would think that CN just having posted an article starring a DS from PT team, previous posts should be ignored, regardless of their protaganist.

If people start going crazy on the same points, they can be directed to the earlier threads.

No one in the forum got this fight started again, it's due to CN posting THIS article.

Be warned of what you wish for...
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
BotanyBay said:
I believe his name is more closely watched. Say the wrong thing and you'll wonder how you can get away with saying the same kind of thing about "dopers" like Lance or AC, but never JV.

Armstrong won't be granting any exclusives to CN, as they "pee in his soup", so it's OK to have 10 threads going that explore everything from his singular testes to his supposed obsession with Greg's kid. He's fair game. But not JV.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<breathe...breathe....breathe....>


HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Stirling work, sir.

But, here is another way to look at it. There were initially so MANY threads about Lance that last year we decided to create a single Lance thread. There are still so many people wanting to discuss different aspects of him that there are sometimes extra threads THAT DISCUSS DIFFERENT TOPICS. (in general I mean - I do realise that it would be easy to find a duplicate or 10 in 18months of posts)

Regarding JV, there appears to be one solitary topic being discussed here repeatedly - "He doped but he won't man up and confess in public"

Now, you may think that warrants 10+ threads but frankly I think (as I stated quite clearly) that it would be good if some people took a little effort to see if what they want to discuss has been flogged to death already. There are horse carcasses all over this forum at the moment because everybody thinks a new thread is warranted.

I will ask you to do two things:

1) Go and look at the other recent JV theads and then show us something in a post in THIS thread that hasn't been said about 10 times this week already

2) Go and look around at JV threads and show us where a Mod has edited a comment or removed a post for any other reason than a breach of forum rules.

I think if you do those two things you will discover that JV certainly is NOT protected. In particular, note that the people most recently discussing this topic around JV got so sick of the nastiness of certain posts that they wanted the thread closed and called out for it loudly.

Not only did the Mods NOT block negative discussion of JV, they even refused to make the evidence disappear when the people that said the things wanted it gone. In short, your argument is completely ridiculous.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
washedup said:
So would you say the same thing about the current article :p?
Precisely. They want us to read regurgitated interviews next to annoying animated gif ads. We're not even journalists. But if WE get redundant about their hero/protected one, boom, shut-down.
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
Read the post above yours.

and while you are about it, pay attention to the fact that this thread is actually still open. Yet another hole in your argument.

as long as this thread is able to contribute something new to the discussion (which it clearly isn't doing at the moment) it won't be touched by the moderators.

I challenge you therefor to get back on the topic of the thread rather than continue to contribute to its destruction
 
Jul 6, 2010
2,340
0
0
Martin318is said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<breathe...breathe....breathe....>


HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Stirling work, sir.

But, here is another way to look at it. There were initially so MANY threads about Lance that last year we decided to create a single Lance thread. There are still so many people wanting to discuss different aspects of him that there are sometimes extra threads THAT DISCUSS DIFFERENT TOPICS. (in general I mean - I do realise that it would be easy to find a duplicate or 10 in 18months of posts)

Regarding JV, there appears to be one solitary topic being discussed here repeatedly - "He doped but he won't man up and confess in public"

Now, you may think that warrants 10+ threads but frankly I think (as I stated quite clearly) that it would be good if some people took a little effort to see if what they want to discuss has been flogged to death already. There are horse carcasses all over this forum at the moment because everybody thinks a new thread is warranted.

I will ask you to do two things:

1) Go and look at the other recent JV theads and then show us something in a post in THIS thread that hasn't been said about 10 times this week already

2) Go and look around at JV threads and show us where a Mod has edited a comment or removed a post for any other reason than a breach of forum rules.

I think if you do those two things you will discover that JV certainly is NOT protected. In particular, note that the people most recently discussing this topic around JV got so sick of the nastiness of certain posts that they wanted the thread closed and called out for it loudly.

Not only did the Mods NOT block negative discussion of JV, they even refused to make the evidence disappear when the people that said the things wanted it gone. In short, your argument is completely ridiculous.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I expect a bloody, crucified image of whoever I deem worthy of punishment posted on the opening page of CN.

Failing that, I'll dog and disparage any and all mods of CN. To no end. Ad Nausem. Forever and all eternity!

Failing that, I'll get drunk and take my keyboard to bed and, snuggling it close to my breast, I'll mutter to myself that I am far more important than anyone I choose to write about, and to **** their feelings anyway! I'm right after all...

All I want is a little bit of love... Won't you love me?

Wait a minute. Someone actually owns this site? They might be able to talk to the people I adore (although secretly, in my happy place).

Do your job, CN.

Validate me! The annonymous poster on a little-read cycling forum needs some sort of validation to keep the keys clickin'....
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
Actually it was very good :D
(EDIT: That is a reference to the post by JMBeaushrimp - the quote button didnt work for me)


Note to all others reading this thread and linking the actions of the Mods to the Editing of the News pages:

Read the earlier post by Barrus that refers to the lack of any directive contact of moderators whatsoever by CN management.
They do not tell us what to do.
We have no idea what articles are coming up on the site.
We in fact have little idea what articles are there now unless we go and read them ourselves just like you.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Vaughters and what he does or doesn't do, should or shouldn't do, and by what method, indirect or confrontational.

None of us here has any idea of what is really involved in omerta, or the risk run in breaking it, but it wouldn't be omerta without some teeth, and very sharp ones. I think we can assume Vaughters knows just how far he can go, and that he has at least a vague plan for achieving increasing influence within pro racing.

I have lots of doubts, but in the end I have to trust that JV really is working for a cleaner sport. We will shortly see if that's the case and what success he has.
 
Sep 20, 2009
263
0
9,030
But why create the forums if CN management do not care? I have seen posts in the forums that should have been letters to the editors of CN but it appeared no moderator redirected them to the editor of CN.

I think the questions of Vaughters and his ethics and lack of are very relevant in today's times. Why don't CN ask him if he has he doped (i.e. cheated) and does he know of others who have doped and cheated.

What really annoys me is that when you sign for your licence you say you will obey the rules of cycling but when you get caught it is never about your integrity but it is someone elses fault or some other pathetic excuse.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
The dude rode up Ventoux in 56'50".

He doesn't need to say anything else. As the big man said "anyone who cannot put one and one together..."

But for the benefit of the hard of reading, the subtext of what he said Kimmage was 'yes - and I feel bad about it'.

RaceRadio's point is well made. Next year his team will kick ar5es for the whole season in every kind of race, and people will copy him. He doesn't need to do anything else.

Actions and facts. Not words.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS