Velo d'Or 2011

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

2011 velo d'or

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 16, 2010
Christian said:
If it weren't for Gilbert I'd give it to Thomas Voeckler, he had a fantastic season
Evans had a better season. He didn't race a lot and still won 2 World Tour stage races, placed second in another(for the millionth time) and won the Tour de France and a stage win on the Mur de Bretagne. Voeckler on the other hand won 8 small races and did amazing at the Tour. But would you really give it to him instead of the guy that actually won it?

He's the best improved guy compared to last year though. Rivaling with Sagan though.

Mar 13, 2009
El Pistolero said:
Evans had a better season. He didn't race a lot and still won 2 World Tour stage races, placed second in another(for the millionth time) and won the Tour de France and a stage win on the Mur de Bretagne. Voeckler on the other hand won 8 small races and did amazing at the Tour. But would you really give it to him instead of the guy that actually won it?

He's the best improved guy compared to last year though. Rivaling with Sagan though.
I know you're right and objectively speaking there are probably a few more guys who had a better season then Voeckler. He also did a lot for cycling though by saving his team and he just portrays such a positive image of the sport. His epic battle to keep yellow will probably stay in people's minds a long time, just like when he did it against Armstrong. Basically he's just a great guy though and I'd love for him to win it even though other riders deserve it more from sporting criteria :)

Jul 16, 2010
Libertine Seguros said:
No way. Most improved has to be Juanjó Cobo. From 0 CQ points to GT winner.
Did I already say I don't rate the Vuelta, like at all? :p

The thing about Cobo is, we already knew he could climb well(2007 and 2008). No one saw Voeckler as a climber.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS