• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Video: Evans pours water on some dude; accidentally sprays Cavendish. Ha!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Who cares really - its just some water.

If the guy bumped into him was he meant to say sorry can you not do that I´m standing here.

People react worse than this daily on public transport - just some water and he said sorry to Cav - bigger things in the world to fry

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Exactly, "Looks like". The video is totally inconclusive and people AT THE SCENE say different to you. YOU are making stuff up from the video of which you WERE NOT AT THE SCENE and the video CLEARLY does NOT show.

You are telling lies and making things up.
*** edited by mod ***

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
If Cadel has Aspergers this would explain a lot of his behaviour. He is incredibly guarded about what he says in TV interviews and seems a little socially awkward. In his unguarded post race moments he has had a series of inappropriately aggressive actions which I am sure he later regrets.

He comes across better in written interviews and is quite insightful, even witty in his blog postings.

Still it would appear as though most people on the CN forum have already made their own character assessments about him which today's incident will only reinforce.

I actually thought it was a pretty funny way of showing his dissatisfaction towards that vittel guy. Hitting Cav was an honest accident of course...

As for whether he's Asperger. He could be... which of course would mean that I'd have to stop making slightly fun of his behaviour...

Certainly, the French would say: "What a douche".:) (seems french showers can't get passed the word filter)
Anyhow, Cadel clearly apologized to Cav and probably earned a few brownie points with some of the other sprinters, in the process.
Nowhere near as funny as Barredo's wheel wielding.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
If Evans thought the security guy was the Wicked Witch of the West, then there's a case to be made for attempted murder.

At least he didn't unleash the flying monkeys, perhaps a consideration on the question of clemency.

Mellow Velo said:
Certainly, the French would say: "What a douche".:) (seems french showers can't get passed the word filter)
Anyhow, Cadel clearly apologized to Cav and probably earned a few brownie points with some of the other sprinters, in the process.
Nowhere near as funny as Barredo's wheel wielding.

He should apologise to the nameless worker as well, especially even. He was disrespectful and arrogant and that's no way to behave as a professional athlete. 100% *******.

Or Cav could issue a hilarious threat, like when he challenged Ventoso (who hadn't been in the autobus once in the race) to ride in the autobus "to see what I have to go through" (read: so my teammates who are bigger than me can bully you). "I challenge you to ride worse than normal!"

Libertine Seguros said:
Or Cav could issue a hilarious threat, like when he challenged Ventoso (who hadn't been in the autobus once in the race) to ride in the autobus "to see what I have to go through" (read: so my teammates who are bigger than me can bully you). "I challenge you to ride worse than normal!"

To be fair his response was fine he didn't whine or moan about it. He obviously didn't fancy challenging Cadel to rude in bus.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
really ozpsychofan? thoughtforfood is making things up? it's cadel who is inventing a story here to cover his poor character and bad behavior the video speaks for itself. as does the "don't touuch me" from years past. it is a pattern. all evidence points to malicious intent and your girl Evans isnt a victim here.

wait didn't Evans get the memo that pre and post stages are crowded and a little pushy? Why is he always acting like it is his first trip to the dance and pouting like no one asked him to dance?

he is a panzy plain and simple

"cadel evans is John Coltrane of excuses" (to quote bike snob) on and off the bike

I support a poodle free peloton.

TRENDING THREADS