• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Video: Evans pours water on some dude; accidentally sprays Cavendish. Ha!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it ok if your ....

badger1.jpg

3313542580_35a4e4b6f1.jpg

druivencross-thekick.jpg

A

Anonymous

spalco said:
He should apologise to the nameless worker as well, especially even. He was disrespectful and arrogant and that's no way to behave as a professional athlete. 100% *******.

In all honesty, that is my biggest problem with the situation. The sense of entitlement exhibited by Cuddles is annoying. He is in a large crowd of people, and on a realistic level, anyone in such a situation should probably expect to be touched at some point. He breaks his back trying to make sure he didn't offend Cav, but says nothing to anyone else who got hit (and the Vittel guy isn't the only one). It appears to me that everyone else in the crowd is just road furniture to Cuddles, only the stars count. All of the peons are not worthy of Cuddles' respect. There is a word for people like that, but I already have one strike, so...

A

Anonymous

boeing said:
really ozpsychofan? Thoughtforfood is making things up? It's cadel who is inventing a story here to cover his poor character and bad behavior the video speaks for itself. As does the "don't touuch me" from years past. It is a pattern. All evidence points to malicious intent and your girl evans isnt a victim here.

Wait didn't evans get the memo that pre and post stages are crowded and a little pushy? Why is he always acting like it is his first trip to the dance and pouting like no one asked him to dance?

He is a panzy plain and simple

"cadel evans is john coltrane of excuses" (to quote bike snob) on and off the bike

i support a poodle free peloton.

Brilliant!!!

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
The more Evans' evinces his personality, the more you hope the guy looses.

Like “cutting the guy's head off” who “offended” his dog. :rolleyes:

PS: But wait! He usually takes care of this himself.

The funny thing is that I still want him to win at this point. I am cognizant of the fact that, with his history, he will act in a similar manner fairy shortly, and that will probably end any remaining feelings of support I have. I guess I will have to cheer on JVDB, Cunego, TGBM, or Tommy D...but none of them has any shot at winning, so I guess I'm screwed.

Thoughtforfood said:
The funny thing is that I still want him to win at this point. I am cognizant of the fact that, with his history, he will act in a similar manner fairy shortly, and that will probably end any remaining feelings of support I have. I guess I will have to cheer on JVDB, Cunego, TGBM, or Tommy D...but none of them has any shot at winning, so I guess I'm screwed.

He reminds me of the prima donna type.

You don't get that from other guys of his caliber, for whom, consequently, I have more respect.

Just ride and don't ***** and whine at the finish when you have to deal with what they all do.

He seems like he's got a germ phobia or something. Just relax.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
veganrob said:
Evans is just a pompous idiot.

Too bad he is going to have to retire without having won the race that he thinks is so deservedly his, the TdF

Oh, I hope he doesn't think he is also 'entitled' to winning it . . .lol!

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
None of those is anywhere close to a similar situation.

It a biker or exbiker over reacting - quite similar I thought it was funny and not worth a thread about.

and before you go off I won´t reply can´t be bother getting in stupid discussion.:p

A

Anonymous

goggalor said:
They're all worse.

Uh no, they weren't.

#1 you had an imposter on a stage who had gotten past security.

#2 you have a fan getting too close on a climb riders were riding.

#3 you have a guy who had been throwing beer on a rider every lap who got what he deserved.

In the case of Cuddles, you have a diva who was sitting on his bike in a large crowd of moving people who pushed and then threw water on a guy who was just doing his job. Not even close.

A

Anonymous

just some guy said:
It a biker or exbiker over reacting - quite similar I thought it was funny and not worth a thread about.

and before you go off I won´t reply can´t be bother getting in stupid discussion.:p

In Wellins' case, that guy deserved the kick he got. I wish he had kicked him in the face personally. But its cool if you want to avoid a stupid discussion, I completely understand :)

A

Anonymous

dlwssonic said:
I thought the admin was supposed to close this idiotic thread.

I was hoping Cuddles would stop making idiotic moves like that, but I guess we can both just wish...

auscyclefan94 said:
I am sure some water would of badly injured him. He could of drowned or possibly have got some on his bike! OMG!!!!!!

A typical overreaction by Evans of which he feels the need to attempt to apologize to Cav and of course you see it as poor Evans being picked on.
He's a great rider but if he didn't give the masses so much comic material to choose from you wouldn't be in the position of having to defend him. It was actually hilarious.

Boeing said:
really ozpsychofan? thoughtforfood is making things up? it's cadel who is inventing a story here to cover his poor character and bad behavior the video speaks for itself. as does the "don't touuch me" from years past. it is a pattern. all evidence points to malicious intent and your girl Evans isnt a victim here.

wait didn't Evans get the memo that pre and post stages are crowded and a little pushy? Why is he always acting like it is his first trip to the dance and pouting like no one asked him to dance?

he is a panzy plain and simple

"cadel evans is John Coltrane of excuses" (to quote bike snob) on and off the bike

I support a poodle free peloton.

I'm a huge Coltrane fan and I really don't get the reference.:confused:

Edit: I get it now.

TRENDING THREADS