Video interview with Floyd Landis

Mar 11, 2009
284
0
0
I'm going to cancel my order with Carmichael Training Systems, dammit.

But seriously, thanks for the link. Nice to hear additional details on some of the known dirt.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
Pretty riveting interview. I was only going to watch a few seconds but ended up watching the whole thing. Thanks for the link.
 
Always wondered how Landis even rode a month with USPS. He was never really a great fit, personality wise. He was team player, but I always got the feeling that Lance was the one pulling the strings, not the team managers. If Armstrong gets busted the way the Clinic folks think he can (me included), then I think there is a silver lining for Landis and Hamilton. Interesting video for sure! Thanks for the link!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
0
0
the last few minutes are boring...I don't really care what this guy is doing with his life tbh.


I felt kinda depressed after watching this video even though I knew a lot of the events. I still don't understand why he got caught on St17 2006 and not on any other stage.
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
not exactly but your comments about Lance could put you in hot water.
he is a 7 time tdf champion afterall so he must be great. An Im not a lance fan wasnt even following cycling before his first retirement.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
0
0
dlwssonic said:
he is a 7 time tdf champion afterall so he must be great. An Im not a lance fan wasnt even following cycling before his first retirement.
*facepalm* - I've tried to warn you but you seem to be beyond saving...the wolves can come out for their kill :eek:
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
*facepalm* - I've tried to warn you but you seem to be beyond saving...the wolves can come out for their kill :eek:
Just deleted it. seems like you cant say anything good about him in this forum or will risk getting killed.
 
dlwssonic said:
Just deleted it. seems like you cant say anything good about him in this forum or will risk getting killed.
Good things about Armstrong you can say: he trained hard (like most pros), he was very good at mind games, he was very talented.

Things about Armstrong you can say, but will make you look stupid: I like Armstrong's credibility.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
a powerful interview...

tbh not much was new except floyd looks more relaxed and confident.

i hope his confidence is inspired by novi's progress ;)
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
python said:
a powerful interview...

tbh not much was new except floyd looks more relaxed and confident.

i hope his confidence is inspired by novi's progress ;)
+1

Very powerful interview, powerful character.
The way he manages to plausibly outline how he's experienced the whole past couple of years emotionally...and why he took the decisions he took...very strong...very impactful.
Floyd, keep it up.
You rock pretty hard and your personal story has more depth and beauty to it than any of the sport's tales I know.


(nice chemistry also between the interviewer and Floyd)
 
Jun 27, 2009
284
0
0
It looks like Landis may be remembered for whistle-blowing as much as for winning the Tour and his doping scandal. At this point Landis is an ATG whistle blower, and hopefully he'll get some credit for it the next time there is a mass round of confessions and/or a "new start" for the sport.

Landis says Bruyneel thought of himself as "really the team doctor" and "liked to orchestrate it all" lol.

Carmichael was "a complete smoke-screen, not a coach at all". Ferrari was Lance's real coach.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
still, I believe Floyd's story is no longer about whistleblowing or about lance.
it's much more about emotional/mental recovery.
From pure extacy to deep depression, and then about how to slowly but surely drag oneself out of the sinkhole.

IMO, Floyd's capacity to emotionally analyse and reflect on that whole period up to present is really impressive.
And he's not lacking in self-criticism or irony.
His earlier Kimmage interview and now this one have a big impact on me, I must admit.
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
not exactly but your comments about Lance could put you in hot water.
The first part of his statement is a quite reasonable opinion: Floyd and Tyler are big liars like Lance. The second part (that Lance will always be greater) is a quite valid opinion. Only time will tell when it comes to Lance's reputation.

The idea that a negative comment about Lance will get you in "hot water" on the Clinic is unsupportable.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
MarkvW said:
The first part of his statement is a quite reasonable opinion: Floyd and Tyler are big liars like Lance. The second part (that Lance will always be greater) is a quite valid opinion. Only time will tell when it comes to Lance's reputation.

The idea that a negative comment about Lance will get you in "hot water" on the Clinic is unsupportable.
it is an opinion like any other. but it certainly is not reasonable.

Remember Floyd on his first press-conference after the positive?
How is that comparable to Lance's style of hardcore lying?
Lance even picked up the phone to advice Floyd on how to lie more convincingly.
So that opinion (though valid like any other) is certainly not reasonable.

Also, Floyd and Tyler have stopped lying (regardless of their motivations). Again, that's not exactly like Lance, as you (or the other poster) put it.
 
ludwig said:
Carmichael was "a complete smoke-screen, not a coach at all". Ferrari was Lance's real coach.
I've been saying for years that Chris "Extract of Cortisone" Carmichael was a clown, and had nothing to do with Armstrong's training regimen.

The comments by Landis cements it.
 
Jun 16, 2010
183
0
0
I thought one of the parts with the most implications was when Landis said that Bruyneel orchestrated all of the team doping on USPS.

To me this explains very clearly how Bruyneel "coached" Contador to victory in 2007 and 2009. It explains very clearly why ASO banned Astana from the 2008 TdF. It explains where Contador learned to dope, even after he left Bruyneel (just as Landis had). It explains very clearly how Horner and Leipheimer have ridden far beyond their true abilities on Team Radio Shack, especially given their age.

A disgusting element in all of this is Trek and the actions of John Burke. He attacked LeMond in various ways, broke his contract, ruined the bicycle brand, and all through this supported Lance and Bruyneel. I have no doubt that Burke knew what was going on. Like Nike, he doesn't care how he wins, just as long as he wins. Two disgusting companies.

Bruyneel is still a cancer in the sport, and he no doubt still has financial ties to Lance. It will be a great day for cycling when Novitsky lances the boil that is Armstrong.
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
sniper said:
it is an opinion like any other. but it certainly is not reasonable.

Remember Floyd on his first press-conference after the positive?
How is that comparable to Lance's style of hardcore lying?
Lance even picked up the phone to advice Floyd on how to lie more convincingly.
So that opinion (though valid like any other) is certainly not reasonable.

Also, Floyd and Tyler have stopped lying (regardless of their motivations). Again, that's not exactly like Lance, as you (or the other poster) put it.
Yes I agree. Compelling interview with a demeanour consistent with honest answers as contrasted with his post TdF positive interviews.

However, I believe he is measured in his "evidence" of team doping. It is hard to accept that he was only privy to two occasions (bus & hotel room) of team doping over 3 years.

Also, I expected him to confirm the Armstrong/Bruyneel anger against him (for joining Phonak) in his last USPS year by flushing his top up of blood down the toilet in his presence on the rest day.

Also he was only confirming what everyone else knew and documents reveal that Armstrong had control over the team (at least as a director of Tailwind Sports). A point Armstrong has been denying from the outset as it is an important plank in the Prosecution's case that Armstrong was involved in team management and, at the least, had knowledge of PED use within the team.

Also, even if Armstrong personally held no shares in Tailwind Sports he indirectly held shares through his company C&SE, which co-owned the USPS team according to ESPN.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY