Video interview with Floyd Landis

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
Velodude said:
I was unaware of his clarification with Kimmage. However, I am more inclined to believe the statement of Vaughters to Andreu was factual based on a first hand account from Landis. Vaughters had to cover up by claiming heresay in the SCA deposition and Landis is riding shotgun for him in support.
I agree that this issue can be difficult to sort out, because both versions seem plausible. But here is what Floyd told Kimmage regarding the exchange between Vaughters and Andreu.
Yeah, I read those exchanges but I don’t…I can’t for the life of me think of what he was possibly referring to other than…In the incident on the bus, which was the last time I did a blood transfusion on that team, we were riding so well, and we were making everyone else look foolish, that the doctor gave me a half of a unit of blood and just threw the rest out. It wasn’t a malicious thing, he just said ‘Look, we need to keep this under control and the less we give you, the easier it is to manipulate.’ And I said ‘Come on, just give me the whole thing.’ And he said ‘No, we’re good enough.’ So it was nothing at all and I think that probably when I told that story to Allen Lim or to Vaughters…I wouldn’t have told that to Vaughters, that had to be hearsay, but I probably got confused with the contentious things that happened on Alpe D’Heuz a day later and it got turned into something it wasn’t. That’s just another one of those things that ended up in the press and I would look at it and get confused about what to do. I want to correct them, but if I correct them I have to tell them I actually blood doped, so I just have to ignore them like nothing happened.
http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2011/landiskimmage
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
Polish said:
One of Floyd's bigger donations came from an Angry LA/Taiwind Backer.
A Lance Hater as a matter of FACT.
Nothing to do with discrediting the French Labs.
"Tiger" Williams wanted to discredit Lance.
Tiger was mad that he could not Bribe Lance boo hoo.

Get your facts straight Velodude.
Although your Arabic proverb is right on lol.



http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704457604576011490820993006.html
My chameleon person.

Are you referring to a Julian or a Gregorian calendar? :)

Floyd's battle against his CAS doping conviction and ban ended on 30 June 2008. He thereafter attempted another frivolous legal skirmish in the US Federal Court challenging the CAS award to uphold his conviction and ban. It was agreed amongst the parties to dismiss the case in December 2008 with prejudice.

The FFF had no raison d'etre after December 2008.

You shoot yourself in the foot when your reference article identifies that the earliest date of the falling out between Williams and Armstrong was April 2009.

So any funds contributed by Williams to the FFF was at a time he enjoyed a non acrimonious relationship with LA and, if he had contributed to the FFF, may have been in support of LA's wishes (allegedly to discredit the French lab) rather than a singular priority of assisting in the defence of FL.

I'll accept your apology in advance :)
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
MarkvW said:
You throw out a personal insult and back it up with an unsupportable statement. What kind of a discussion is that?
First off, let me I apologize for that. You're right, personal insults do not lead to productive exchanges. But my statement is not unsupportable (I honestly thought you were deliberately obfuscating what had been previously revealed).
What's your source for "The majority of Floyd's "donations" came from Lance's inner circle . . .?" I have never seen any evidence of that.
Polish has provided one of the sources with the David "Tiger" Williams quote and link.
In addition to that, it was mentioned in one of the early interviews with Bonnie D. Ford.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5652787
Other major donors requested anonymity at the time they gave to the Floyd Fairness Fund because of their ties to the U.S. cycling industry. Landis and Henson said they would continue to honor that request -- although they did confirm separately that Armstrong was not a donor. USADA lawyers prosecuting Landis at one point requested a list of donors, but the information was never turned over.

Landis said he was honest with some large donors, telling them he had doped during his career but had not done what he was accused of during the 2006 Tour de France -- i.e., use synthetic testosterone. Others, he said, probably suspected he was being less than honest, and some may have had a vested interest in seeing him continue to fight rather than confessing and possibly implicating other American athletes, including Armstrong.
Two men who have been active in the business and politics of professional cycling in the United States confirmed that they were among Landis' benefactors but would not go on the record because of their continuing ties to the sport.
hrotha said:
That would still leave us with the minority of Floyd's donations. Those are a real issue.
Those are definitely real issues and Floyd needs to be held accountable. Also in the above linked article:
Landis said his first priority is to repay smaller donors -- a group whom both he and Henson estimated contributed roughly $300,000 to the fund. To do this, Landis plans to create a form and post it on his currently inactive personal web site, floydlandis.com, asking individual donors to provide documentation. That could take the form of a canceled check or an autographed picture or other item that was received in exchange for a donation -- or even a simple written description of the fundraiser the person attended. Other donations may be traceable through Paypal records.
MarkvW said:
You seem to be arguing that dopers can dope throughout their career, and all will be forgiven if they just come clean--after they retire.
Nowhere have I made that argument. Floyd doped. Now he's coming clean. I want the facts and I'm able to put aside the morals and ethics in pursuit of those facts. That doesn't equate to forgiveness though. It still bothers me that Floyd seems unable to acknowledge the fact that his own actions, and people who make the same decisions he did, directly affect those riders who were never willing to cross that line.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
MarkvW said:
Even if "the majority" of donations were from Armstrong proxies, a LOT of innocent people were conned.

You seem to be arguing that dopers can dope throughout their career, and all will be forgiven if they just come clean--after they retire.
1.) But it´s nothing compared to all the people who were fooled by Armstrong. So don´t throw dirt at others just to distract from your love´s crimes. This old fanboy attitude is debunked since long ago.

2.) Better this than keep on lying and con other people like your love Armstrong does, even after finishing the career.
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,921
0
0
Once again I'm dissatisfied by his explanations for stages 16 and 17 in 2006.

For 16, all he says is he doesn't know of any Tour winner who didn't have a bad day. A bad day is one thing. Losing TEN MINUTES is something else again.

For 17, he says it was 10% shot, and it worked out. What about that being the stage he also tested positive on. Is he still claiming that that was a bad test?

I think the rest of his story would be more credible to more people if he had a more credible explanation for 16 and 17.
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
MR_Sarcastic said:
Questions that I would like to ask Floyd.
Who were these Doctors who were there helping to blood dope??
Who were these bus drivers that were there for the doping??
Why is Floyd protecting these people?
How is Floyd "protecting" anyone? Was he even asked the identity of the ones you mention?

It seems to me that if these "little people" could be questioned, we might get a "real" story. If he refuses to give these names, maybe it never happened.
Doesn't it seem logical that the "little" people would be the one's most likely have been given financial incentive NOT to talk about it?
Besides, who needs "little" people when you have Big George corroborating that it DID happen?

I know, I know, I know...George never confirmed those reports that he corroborated Floyd's claims. He also never denied it. ;)
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
Granville57 said:
I agree that this issue can be difficult to sort out, because both versions seem plausible. But here is what Floyd told Kimmage regarding the exchange between Vaughters and Andreu.
I can see later on in the Kimmage interview that he could be acting upon Johnathon Vaughter's advice that he should not name or implicate other persons in his exposure (collateral damage?). If that is so he would not admit to being the "horse's mouth" to JV for the content of that IM. Particularly, as JV had testified in the SCA Tribunal he had received the info hearsay.

No, I didn’t actually speak to him but I responded to his texts because he was another guy I figured ‘Okay, he knows more than most people. I can talk to him. He’s not going to be too judgemental.’ But here’s the problem; in my head the truth is more complex than in Vaughters head, and I’ve now finally understood that. (Last April), when I was going to tell the story, I had some correspondence with him – because he knew before some other people did – and his advice was, “Just say what you know about you and don’t say anything about anyone else.” And I said, “Yeah, but Jonathan, this story involves other people. How do I tell the story without that? What do I do when they say ‘Who helped you dope on the Postal Service team?” He said “Just say it’s none of your business.” Those were his words. I said, “Vaughters, have you ever talked to the press? Saying ‘none of your business’ is probably the worst thing you can say.” In my mind the truth was complex. In his mind it was ‘Yeah, I doped now just go home.’ That’s what he was trying to tell me to say.
An act of b.a.s.t.a.r.dry to be related to a former, trusted and understanding USPS rider of flushing your blood down a toilet in your presence leaves an indelible image that could not be confused with the explanation Floyd is substituting
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
Guys you better watch each single video instead of the "full edition". Interesting details for example are on the episode "the investigation into Lance"....
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Guys you better watch each single video instead of the "full edition". Interesting details for example are on the episode "the investigation into Lance"....
I only just realized that there are more clips than just what's on that first page. There are five more clips on the second page, for a total of sixteen different clips in addition to the "full episode." But I have to go to sleep now...
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
1.) But it´s nothing compared to all the people who were fooled by Armstrong. So don´t throw dirt at others just to distract from your love´s crimes. This old fanboy attitude is debunked since long ago.

2.) Better this than keep on lying and con other people like your love Armstrong does, even after finishing the career.

So what Floyd did was "nothing?" He doped to win the TDF! He lied under oath. He conned the innocent people who trusted him (the 30 percent).

If your threshold level of scum is Lance Armstrong, you're taking it ridiculously easy on the rest of the pro peloton.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
MarkvW said:
If your threshold level of scum is Lance Armstrong, you're taking it ridiculously easy on the rest of the pro peloton.
And i tell you why. There were scapegoats and non protected riders who lost careers, while Armstrong was allowed to make millions. And Armstrong has the insolence to take the public for morons, by behaving he was the saintly superman beating doped up crybabies. Such arrogance, i never saw before. Not even with Mobuto or Idi Amin. Armstrong is a true sick person, and the public should know that. They cheered for a psychopath.
 
Jan 2, 2010
395
0
0
I watched the clips for the rest day and found them very detailed and interesting. I especially enjoyed the parts that weren't about doping. I'm not familiar with that interviewer at all but he'd definitely done his homework.
 
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
1.) But it´s nothing compared to all the people who were fooled by Armstrong. So don´t throw dirt at others just to distract from your love´s crimes. This old fanboy attitude is debunked since long ago.

2.) Better this than keep on lying and con other people like your love Armstrong does, even after finishing the career.
The irony of the “Floyd stole money from innocent people retort” is that Armstrong set up the sham Carmichael Training Systems with that very principle in mind – to defraud people with a bogus training programs that they thought Lance was following. This occurred long before the FFF was set up. CTS makes good money. All of it “donated” from hard working people who thought they were buying into the Lance dream. Lance must have had such fun having some random intern post fabricated training programs on the web whilst he and Landis were charging up with Ferrari in St.Mortiz! You do have to laugh at it now.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
Interesting i found the quote "If 8 riders tell the GJ they saw Armstrong dope, it doesn´t matter how much his legal team tries to spoil the name of Novitsky. For the public to find out Armstrong is a liar is worse for him than prison."

And that´s what i hope for. Armstrongs name forever spoiled. We just need the main trail. After that it doesn´t matter if Armstrong is convicted or not (by making a deal).
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
And i tell you why. There were scapegoats and non protected riders who lost careers, while Armstrong was allowed to make millions. And Armstrong has the insolence to take the public for morons, by behaving he was the saintly superman beating doped up crybabies. Such arrogance, i never saw before. Not even with Mobuto or Idi Amin. Armstrong is a true sick person, and the public should know that. They cheered for a psychopath.
So Floyd isn't a lying, cheating, con man because Lance is way more evil? Last time I checked, Lance didn't have anything to do with Floyd's Phonak team.

Polish got it right with the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" quote. I'm becoming more certain that several posters here would forgive and forget every doper in the sport if it resulted in harm to Lance Armstrong. Doping doesn't matter any more, only the pursuit of Lance Armstrong, the White Whale. . . .. That's kind of ironic because Lance's doping is the prime reason for hating him in the first place.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
No, not for me. The prime reason is (as stated just in my post): Armstrong puts himself on a podest (by keeping on lying) and all the others were inferior to him. Which is as untrue as that the sun is shining at mid-nite in germany.

All the average Fanboys must know what a liar he is.

If he comes out tomorrow admiting, i (and hundreds of posters here) forgive him. As i (& all the others) did with Landis and Hamilton.

It just will not happen. So let him suffer one hundred deaths. He earned every single one of them.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
0
0
MarkvW said:
So Floyd isn't a lying, cheating, con man because Lance is way more evil? Last time I checked, Lance didn't have anything to do with Floyd's Phonak team.

Polish got it right with the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" quote. I'm becoming more certain that several posters here would forgive and forget every doper in the sport if it resulted in harm to Lance Armstrong. Doping doesn't matter any more, only the pursuit of Lance Armstrong, the White Whale. . . .. That's kind of ironic because Lance's doping is the prime reason for hating him in the first place.
No Mark - for someone who has spouted some claims of the law you are ignoring a key principle.

Unlike Armstrong - Landis has had his case heard, it wasn't believed and he was rightly punished, why should Armstrong not face the same?
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,499
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
No Mark - for someone who has spouted some claims of the law you are ignoring a key principle.

Unlike Armstrong - Landis has had his case heard, it wasn't believed and he was rightly punished, why should Armstrong not face the same?
This is true.
Now Landis says he took 1 year to figure out the relationship between Lance and the UCI. He was faster on what the business plan of CTS was based on. Some data he saw on the WWW compared to what he and Lance actually rode that day. He also knows how often Lance spoke to the folks at CTS and he concluded it was a scam.
His story is more refined than ever. And as he said he is in kind of a time warp from his upbringing, songs from the 80's remind him of the early 2000's.

All your opinions are right but there are a few more options, one is after turning over every stone ,Novitzky may conclude that there is just not enough evil to toast Lance. Another option is that all these 10+ year smoking guns have very little smoke left.So little that a jury lets Lance walk out.

"I don't know what they speak in Switzerland, German/French or French?German but Lance got special treatment". Landis better hope he is not so fast and looose in the race car or a wall is in his future. I thought for the first 5 minutes that the interview was part of an Onion skit.
Lance is a tool and probably a bully, he can only hope that Landis continues his crusade, with each interview Lance looks better and better,only because Landis is so poorly prepared.
At one point at least Bensinger asks Lanids to admit that all his conclusions are simple. He convicts, Lance,Johan,UCI, all his team mates,CTS,Berto with a few words, Good work if you can get it.
If you are right and Lance gets his day in court Landis is their secret weapon
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
fatandfast said:
"I don't know what they speak in Switzerland, German/French or French?German but Lance got special treatment". Landis better hope he is not so fast and looose in the race car or a wall is in his future...
Not sure which version you watched but in the video from the OP, Floyd's ACTUAL words, referring to the customs agents, were this:
He [Lance] didn't speak...Swiss-German, or Swiss-French...whatever they speak in...I can't remember what language it was...
The three main national languages of Switzerland are:
Swiss German
Swiss French
Swiss Italian.

So what's the problem with Floyd's statment?
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
No Mark - for someone who has spouted some claims of the law you are ignoring a key principle.

Unlike Armstrong - Landis has had his case heard, it wasn't believed and he was rightly punished, why should Armstrong not face the same?
Of course Armstrong should face justice! But Lance's misdeeds don't mitigate Floyd's behavior. I'm most urinated about Floyd's ripping off his fans (the 30%). Floyd's WADA/UCI drug dance is forgivable (and quite common); ripping off cyclefans without punishment or restitution still angers me. Personally, I can't forgive him. He'd dope all over again, given a fair chance of not getting caught. He's said as much.

And Armstrong? My wife rolls her eyes when I speak of my boycott of all things Nike and Trek. Anything that man endorses is poison to me. But there are plenty of foaming Armstrong haters here--no need for one more.

I ought to take the German TV position, but I enjoy watching the spectacle too much.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
0
0
MarkvW said:
Of course Armstrong should face justice! But Lance's misdeeds don't mitigate Floyd's behavior. I'm most urinated about Floyd's ripping off his fans (the 30%). Floyd's WADA/UCI drug dance is forgivable (and quite common); ripping off cyclefans without punishment or restitution still angers me. Personally, I can't forgive him. He'd dope all over again, given a fair chance of not getting caught. He's said as much.

And Armstrong? My wife rolls her eyes when I speak of my boycott of all things Nike and Trek. Anything that man endorses is poison to me. But there are plenty of foaming Armstrong haters here--no need for one more.

I ought to take the German TV position, but I enjoy watching the spectacle too much.
Who said Landis has been 'mitigated'?

"Ripping off his fans"? It was a fund for his defense - those fans got exactly what they paid for.
It was an idiot tax.
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Who said Landis has been 'mitigated'?

"Ripping off his fans"? It was a fund for his defense - those fans got exactly what they paid for.
It was an idiot tax.
Well, I suppose we're all idiots for enjoying this dope-saturated sport.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
0
0
MarkvW said:
Well, I suppose we're all idiots for enjoying this dope-saturated sport.
Which calls in to question your special level of disgust towards Floyd, if he is just another athlete in such a "dope saturated sport"?
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Which calls in to question your special level of disgust towards Floyd, if he is just another athlete in such a "dope saturated sport"?
Not really. It just validates that I'm an idiot for paying attention to any of these chemically enhanced freaks.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY