• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Videos of the most recent stages

I'm not able to watch or follow the TdU live which means I try to find a video of the stage before knowing the result of the stage. It's much more exciting to watch the race without knowing who won obviously.

So far I'm having mixed results. Right now I want to see stage 5, but I can't find it on youtube and I don't want to look for a link to a vid in the ' stage 5 ' topic, because then I will know who won the stage.

That's why I made this topic! If we put links to the latest stages up here then everyone that wants to see the race without knowing the end result can check this thread to find the latest vids of all the recent races.

Bookmark this thread and you got access to all the recent races. I hope you like the idea.

For example:

TDU 2011 Stage 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNHenWMDclU

TDU 2011 Stage 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/worldcyclingchannel3#p/u/5/CuYLF094mdA

TDU 2011 Stage 3: http://www.youtube.com/user/worldcyclingchannel3#p/u/1/IY3w1h5Qw_0

TDU 2011 Stage 4: http://www.youtube.com/user/worldcyclingchannel3#p/u/0/tp3b1Fd5G4A

I would've put the Tour de San Luis up here as well, but I can't find anything besides the first 2 stages.

Now if anyone finds the latest vids then please put them in this thread.

theyoungest said:
This is all a rather elaborate way to ask for the video of TDU stage 5 ;)

Here it is.

hehe.
Well I thought this might be of useful for everyone on this forum. When the races are back in Europe I'm sure the aussies will be happy with this thread. And I won't be able to see every race there is and I'm sure that's the same for everyone here.
If this doesn't work then the thread will eventually dissapear anyways. If it does work then it will stay on the first page.

Thanks for link :) edit: Link doesn't work for me:/

A

Anonymous

go to teamskyfans.com

we put the videos up on the page each lunchtime (uk time). the pages are all spoiler free.

just go there, select tour down under (theres a link on the front page) and each stage is there, along with results but you only see the results when you highlight them.

videos are either uploaded by us, world cycling channel, or official depending on what goes up first.

(you wont find our videos on youtube as we keep them unlisted until about a week after the race)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
go to teamskyfans.com

we put the videos up on the page each lunchtime (uk time). the pages are all spoiler free.

just go there, select tour down under (theres a link on the front page) and each stage is there, along with results but you only see the results when you highlight them.

videos are either uploaded by us, world cycling channel, or official depending on what goes up first.

(you wont find our videos on youtube as we keep them unlisted until about a week after the race)

I thought you would start doing commentary yourself?

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
I thought you would start doing commentary yourself?

we are considering it for some of the non-english clips. mainly the ones where we have to hijack french tv news to get the 1minute of random footage there is shown. Had enough to do the last month catching up though, and we are currently scratching our heads trying to work out why the audio server we have set up wont get through the firewall on the router (well im scratching my head, wife is making cups of tea saying "i dont get it")

Working on the navigation has taken precedent the last few weeks, still have about twelve races to tidy up from last year. :/

Spoiler free pages seem to have worked though.

TeamSkyFans said:
we are considering it for some of the non-english clips. mainly the ones where we have to hijack french tv news to get the 1minute of random footage there is shown. Had enough to do the last month catching up though, and we are currently scratching our heads trying to work out why the audio server we have set up wont get through the firewall on the router (well im scratching my head, wife is making cups of tea saying "i dont get it")

Working on the navigation has taken precedent the last few weeks, still have about twelve races to tidy up from last year. :/

Spoiler free pages seem to have worked though.

While you're here Dim, opinions on Sky's part in letting that breakaway stay away the other day?

It's basically cost Swift somewhere between 20 and 40 world tour ranking points - I will be looking to see how much that ends up costing Cav when Copenhagen team allocations are made.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
While you're here Dim, opinions on Sky's part in letting that breakaway stay away the other day?

It's basically cost Swift somewhere between 20 and 40 world tour ranking points - I will be looking to see how much that ends up costing Cav when Copenhagen team allocations are made.

Swift rides for Sky, not cav. ;)

i think all the teams made a bit of a mess up that day. But thats bike racing.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Ha, quite, but if Brailsford's commitment to Sky is part of an overall commitment to British cycling, one of the best things it can plausibly achieve in the next few years would be a British world champion.

Will you, Geraint and Swifty be thinking about how you're going to lead out Cav in Copenhagen during this season?

Jeremy Hunt: Not really thinking about it too much at the moment because we're trying to beat him

team first.. worry about the worlds later. You can hardly expect gerrans, hayman and sutton to go out and race with the aim of getting britain 9 men at the worlds. :D

TeamSkyFans said:
Will you, Geraint and Swifty be thinking about how you're going to lead out Cav in Copenhagen during this season?

Jeremy Hunt: Not really thinking about it too much at the moment because we're trying to beat him

team first.. worry about the worlds later. You can hardly expect gerrans, hayman and sutton to go out and race with the aim of getting britain 9 men at the worlds. :D

If that's what the team pays them for... It'll be nice having a world champion in the team next year.

TRENDING THREADS