• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 769 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I saw this this morning, quite disappointing. Apparently gaffuri has since been on squalo TV to talk about it but I don't know how or if they cleared things up. I think @SafeBet would know more about Gaffuri and his mate Vergallito, and the bizarre criticisms they get from old school Italian guys.
Nibali, Bettiol etc got so much sh*t on social media after their campaign against Vergallito and Gaffuri that they had to invite Gaffu and pretend they are mates now...

These guys are doing nothing wrong really.

Nibali, Bettiol etc got so much sh*t on social media after their campaign against Vergallito and Gaffuri that they had to invite Gaffu and pretend they are mates now...

These guys are doing nothing wrong really.
If Bettiol had the right mindset, work ethic and was actually healthy he could be sooo much better...

I do wonder why those Italian pros even bother talking about it. Nevermind the fact that they are wrong, when you're punching downwards you always come off as a bully.

If Bettiol had the right mindset, work ethic and was actually healthy he could be sooo much better...

I do wonder why those Italian pros even bother talking about it. Nevermind the fact that they are wrong, when you're punching downwards you always come off as a bully.
Someone like Pellizzari who went through the traditional youth system isn't exactly a better bike handler than those Zwift riders.